Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Amur/Bengal Tiger Mount Request

Tigerseye
Tigerseye
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I have already posted this request on the stickied Wishlist thread, but I thought I should, maybe, also post it here, for visibility.

I would like to put in a request for an Amur Tiger mount:

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNRbhjWsMnfq-ekQcpNcaaDM3TzZjw:1580123057114&q=amur+tiger+pics&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjw6JSM0aPnAhWDY8AKHRk5ClQQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1536&bih=750

The Amur Tiger has a wider face than a regular tiger (and the loyalty mount) and a mane:

XknY1l5.jpg

Also, I saw this pic of a female Bengal Tiger, who sadly died in a zoo after a fight with her brother, recently and thought her fairly unique colouring was beautiful:

Kb9pwSe.jpg

So, this colourway would be a nice possible addition, too; as well as the, more traditional, colourway of the Amur, above.

Like the Amur, she has a wider face and a partial mane, which is both nice and would distinguish her from the loyalty mount.

I imagine the same base model could be used for both colours/species.

Thank you. :smile:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my observation but it seems the idea is splitting hairs (tiger fur hairs) on the design idea since it is so very similar to the striped senche mount already in game, as OP notes. Zos seems to create just one frame per animal type and have more unique skins so I am expecting this is a long shot.

Edit: Corrected an offensive misspelling of the word striped.
    Edited by idk on January 28, 2020 7:42AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the same, it has a wider face and a mane.

...and for the second time, the word is STRIPED (one P).

Not "stripped", which means having had something entirely removed (e.g. clothing, paint, or perhaps one's IQ).
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Not "stripped", which means having had something entirely removed (e.g. clothing, paint, or perhaps one's IQ).

I never said they were the same. Not sure where you see that.

Sorry to offend your sensitivities with spelling while typing on a phone. I can see how that is such a major issue. BTW, I think that is the first time you have corrected me on that spelling. Sorry to spit hairs again.
    Edited by idk on January 28, 2020 7:41AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...and no, I didn't "note" it was similar to the loyalty mount, I specifically noted how the Amur Tiger's wider face and mane differentiate it from that.

Obviously, they are both tigers, but they look very different.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I never said they were the same. Not sure where you see that.

Sorry to offend your sensitivities with spelling while typing on a phone. I can see how that is such a major issue. BTW, I think that is the first time you have corrected me on that spelling. Sorry to spit hairs again.

OK, not the "same", but "so very similar", according to you, that you assume (or hope!) they won't consider it.

It's not due to "typing on a phone".

You have, consistently, spelled it "stripped" both on here and on the thread, on general.

Which is where I corrected you the first time, if you take a look...

You think/thought that is how it is spelt.

Which is fine - we can all make mistakes (I do, frequently).

However, it is not spelt that way and "stripped" means something else entirely.

So, it matters (for your own sake; not mine) that you stop doing that and that you start admitting when you are wrong.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 28, 2020 8:05AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, if you have a problem with all tiger mounts, in general, I suggest you take the Tenmar Senche-Tiger mount (which is already in-game) up with ZOS.

That set a precedent that they are not adverse to having different types of mounts, they call "Senche-Tiger", in the game.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 28, 2020 7:58AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another pic of a more typically marked/coloured (and beautiful!) Bengal, showing they can be fairly similar, face/mane-wise, to the Amur.

So, could easily share a base model:

kAJOExu.jpg
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 28, 2020 8:06AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you have a problem with all tiger mounts, in general, I suggest you take the Tenmar Senche-Tiger mount (which is already in-game) up with ZOS.

That set a precedent that they are not adverse to having different types of mounts, they call "Senche-Tiger", in the game.

I do not have a problem with senche mounts at all. It is my favorite mount design. I have several. Ofc I have the Senche-raht, Nightmare Senche, Senche Leopard, and the Psijic Senche Exemplar. However, my favorite is the Striped Senche-Tiger.

I also never even began to suggest Zos was adverse to naming different skins of the tiger mount a senche. It seems to be pretty common. I do hope I did not misspell anything here, though I am not going to stress about it.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I am aware (although, I could be wrong!), the only mount, other than the loyalty mount, with the word "Tiger" in its name is the "Tenmar Senche-Tiger" I mentioned above.

That was the point I was making and also that the introduction of that mount has, effectively, set a precedent for other Tiger mounts to be gradually introduced.

All the other Senche mounts are not called "Tiger", even though they all share the same base model as the loyalty "Tiger".

With the exception of the Senche-Raht, which obviously doesn't - as it's a completely different thing entirely (far more humanoid).

Also, as someone on the General forum thread pointed out, the base model for all the Senches (other than the Raht) is more akin to a panther; as it is slim and sleek.

Both facially (as I have previously mentioned) and body-wise (which I have not, until now).

As opposed to real tigers, which are generally (allowing for some variation, according to species) bigger boned and more bulky than a panther.

Therefore, we ideally need a new model, to reflect most species of tiger.

If they ever introduce Tiger Warden pet skins, it would be nice if they could use that more bulky model for them, too.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 28, 2020 8:46AM
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me a tiger mount with the dromathra effect
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me a tiger mount with the dromathra effect

And there is a mount like that also just as there is a striped tiger mount in game as well.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WoW made a tiger model, in MoP, that is more akin to what I am talking about.

OK, it's fairly basic and cartoony, compared with what could be achieved in ESO, but it demonstrates the essential look I think most people, who want real tigers in ESO, are looking for (i.e. bulky, wide faced and with a partial mane):

SiN454J.jpg
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 28, 2020 8:57AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...and here is the GW2 Juvenile Tiger (which can be acquired as a Ranger pet).

Again, the graphics style is less realistic, but try to ignore that.

It doesn't have a mane, as such, but it does have a wide face and a body that is far more like a (very young) tiger, than the ESO "Tiger":

4kHB0a3.jpg
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...and then we have this.

I don't even know where this comes from, originally?!

However, it came up in an "ESO Tiger Mount pics" search and is far closer to what I am talking about, than the loyalty tiger is, so I thought I would add it for good measure:

xfTyspA.jpg

• xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool to have a tiger mount. +1
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have them in game. The striped sencha-tiger was the first and looks fairly similar to the images OP has posted of real tigers. So similar OP felt it important to note the subtle differences between those images and the tiger mount in game.

There are some reskinned versions but, iirc, all skins are very different for all mount types. There is one exception. So as I stated originally I am expecting Zos will not want to create a mount that is this similar to the loyalty mount.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We have them in game. The striped sencha-tiger was the first and looks fairly similar to the images OP has posted of real tigers.

No, it does not.

Don't force me to insult the narrow-faced, eyes-too-close-together, panther-in-a-tiger-skin, mane-free, mount... :wink:

Look, it's nice enough for what it is (if you don't look too closely...), but it really isn't what I call a tiger.

Also, it doesn't have the white bits that most real tigers have.

It's just continuous sand and dark brown stripes.

Edited by Tigerseye on January 29, 2020 5:33PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's a tiger doing in Africa?
    9754b5771540c2da557452fe6fa9d6fb.png

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people think tigers come from Africa, for some reason.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have them in game. The striped sencha-tiger was the first and looks fairly similar to the images OP has posted of real tigers.

No, it does not.

Don't force me to insult the narrow-faced, eyes-too-close-together, panther-in-a-tiger-skin, mane-free, mount... :wink:

Look, it's nice enough for what it is (if you don't look too closely...), but it really isn't what I call a tiger.

Also, it doesn't have the white bits that most real tigers have.

It's just continuous sand and dark brown stripes.

Why would you insult a tiger's appearance? The striped sencha-tiger mount in game is an artists rendition and in a slightly cartoonish appearance of MMORPG graphics I would not expect them to look identical.

Here is an article from the Siberian tiger organization, One that should be quite familiar with the tiger you speak of, and they do say the Bengal and Siberian tiger "share quite many similar characteristics". And yes, they do note the Siberian tiger is larger.

I am going to go with their expertise on the subject as they likely have actual experts.

So my original comment remains to ring true, with the corrected spelling ofc.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow you really like tigers
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I have no problem with the Tenmar Tiger Mount. ZOS should make more skins like it ... since it’s not very similar to the Senche Tiger mount. See pic below.

Your idea, unfortunately, is too similar to the Senche Tiger mount. Which is an exclusive mount for players that were on the subscription plan. ZOS says they are keeping the exclusivity and not bringing it back.

ON-mount-Tenmar_Senche-Tiger.png

From the UESP ...
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 30, 2020 1:22AM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I’d love an orange Bengal or Amur tiger it probably won’t happen for a while (it’ll probably happen. Just when they need more $$$, won’t be the first company to break an exclusivity promise nor the first time ZoS broke exclusivity promises) I’d personally prefer a white Tiger.

Make it different enough so no one can claim anything about the loyalty reward, perhaps give it the typical Tiger-mane that other Senche mounts don’t have?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I’d love an orange Bengal or Amur tiger it probably won’t happen for a while (it’ll probably happen. Just when they need more $$$, won’t be the first company to break an exclusivity promise nor the first time ZoS broke exclusivity promises) I’d personally prefer a white Tiger.

Make it different enough so no one can claim anything about the loyalty reward, perhaps give it the typical Tiger-mane that other Senche mounts don’t have?

Yea, eventually they probably will. Maybe in a few years if the population starts slowing down as they would not want to be so blatant making something similar to the exclusive reward. If they do it will be interesting to see what they do different with the design
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my observation but it seems the idea is splitting hairs (tiger fur hairs) on the design idea since it is so very similar to the striped senche mount already in game, as OP notes. Zos seems to create just one frame per animal type and have more unique skins so I am expecting this is a long shot.

Edit: Corrected an offensive misspelling of the word striped.

Well, it wouldnt be the first, in the crates now, is there is a Frost Atronach Senche in the current crates, very similar, but also very different to the crown gem exclusive Sabre Cat Frost Atronach which was limited time 600 crown gem exclusive along with the Ice Nixad. I prefer the latter myself, but we did need MORE pretty and badass frosty rides, as long as its not an exact copy of what I wasted a months food budget on racking up the crown gems for in love, I'm fine with it, as I would be fine with ANOTHER tiger that isn't an exact clone of the one we earned back then. Re-skins and re-designs are fine by me. But if you work hard for something said to be exclusive and limited, it would be pretty discouraging to see it out again.

Why shouldn't there be different forms of tigers, like there are the Atronach senches? I prefer my crown-gem one cause the silver armor fits my snow-leopards color scheme better, and I suffered for her as I did my tigress, for that they hold special places in my heart forever <3

Options are nice.

Edit: Typomania as usual.
    Edited by InaMoonlight on January 30, 2020 12:42AM
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your idea, unfortunately, is too similar to the Senche Tiger mount. Which is an exclusive mount for players that were on the subscription plan. ZOS says they are keeping the exclusivity and not bringing it back.

Your picture is the Tenmar Senche Tiger Mount from Crown Crates

Striped-Senche-Tiger-Side.jpg

That's the Senche Tiger Mount that was the exclusive.

Edit: I only just reread your post and realized the wording threw me off. But still at least my screenshot gives reference to the exclusive you were talking of.
    Edited by Kittytravel on January 30, 2020 5:01AM
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with the senche tigers seen as enemies in zones. They have the white face markings and are actually orange. Then the OG been-here-forever-and-endured-the-bad-old-days folks can have their special goldish/brown one and the rest of us peasants can have the common orange variant seen all over the world :D
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zorrin wrote: »
    I'd be happy with the senche tigers seen as enemies in zones. They have the white face markings and are actually orange. Then the OG been-here-forever-and-endured-the-bad-old-days folks can have their special goldish/brown one and the rest of us peasants can have the common orange variant seen all over the world :D

That would definitely be a start (they're far closer to a real tiger, markings-wise, than the loyalty mount is), but I would ideally prefer a new model, personally.

The graphics are getting a little old, at this point and they still have the eyes-too-close-together and too-narrow face issues and no mane.

The more like a real tiger it is the better. :smile:

Also, the less like the loyalty "tiger" it is, the less room for whining...

Edited by Tigerseye on January 30, 2020 6:52AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Personally, I have no problem with the Tenmar Tiger Mount. ZOS should make more skins like it ... since it’s not very similar to the Senche Tiger mount. See pic below.

ON-mount-Tenmar_Senche-Tiger.png

From the UESP ...

If you mean the colour of the markings(?):

a) The markings of the loyalty tiger don't have any white/cream patches in them - just various shades of sand, with brown stripes, more-or-less all over.

Bearing in mind, I'm talking about a whole new model, here - not just a recolour of the existing Senche.

b) If you believe the markings themselves, or something even vaguely similar (i.e. shades of orange), should remain exclusive, even on a different model(?), you're too late:

enDjUXW.png
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 30, 2020 6:03AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...and no, for the 50th time, they don't.

Two of them look more like the regular tiger NPCs, markings and colour-wise.

However those NPCs still have the narrow-faced, eyes-too-close-together, no-mane, panther-in-a-tiger-suit look the loyalty mount does.

Which is why I would prefer a new model.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 30, 2020 7:43AM