The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I just want to live in the Harborage!!!

chuck-18_ESO
chuck-18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I made a new character today, and I'm once again struck by how quaint and cozy the Harborage is, and how much I would love to live there!

One of the first main story quests, "Chasing Shadows", also features the cutest little cave that I would freaking love to live in!

Come on, ZoS! Give us the Harborage! You could even make it a reward for completing Cadwell's Gold!

I'm absolutely dying for a little cave to call my own!
The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Which Harborage? There are three. The DC and AD ones are fine, but I don’t like the EP one very much.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Harborage? There are three. The DC and AD ones are fine, but I don’t like the EP one very much.

pfft i prefer it, id love a dark elf crypt.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could probably make your own version of it somewhere.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be pretty cool if, once you completed the harborage questline, you opened up like a 'free apartment' style home that the (cave for me in AD) gets converted into by entering the same door.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the DC Harborage. The EP not so much. I don't know how the AD one looks though.

It would be great to transform it into a "house" after the main quest is over, that is a good idea!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    It would be pretty cool if, once you completed the harborage questline, you opened up like a 'free apartment' style home that the (cave for me in AD) gets converted into by entering the same door.

That's a great idea ! Would give me a reason to go back. I love the DC one, I can't remember what the other ones look like :)

PC/EU DC
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

What a great idea!

Edit - I guess one complication to that is that houses are account-wide. If this were implemented it would show up on your housing tab and could be accessed by any of your characters, including those who hadn’t completed the main story. Zeni coders would struggle to separate the characters who use the harborage door vs those that use the ‘cave home” asset.
    Edited by Reverb on January 29, 2020 1:07PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I guess one complication to that is that houses are account-wide. If this were implemented it would show up on your housing tab and could be accessed by any of your characters, including those who hadn’t completed the main story. Zeni coders would struggle to separate the characters who use the harborage door vs those that use the ‘cave home” asset.

Ah, didn't think of that. Is the Elsweyr home available to alts who don't have the achievement?

Maybe they could implement a system similar to the different versions of group dungeons? So when you enter it will ask you if you want to access the house or the main quest.
    PC/EU DC
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you a blind old man with lots of regrets?
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The position of the AD one is not bad and has beachfront view...
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »

I am definitely working my way there. I also tend to speak in pointless riddles from time to time. Fate is a river, and I simply seek a shallow pool to stagnate in.

... okay, my cryptic riddle-speak needs some work...
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »

No to the former, yes to the latter.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    💯% agree. The main quest goes out of the way to make it feel like home base then you never go back. Instead they have random inn keepers offer you random free apartments all over tamriel for NO REASON.