The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Basically a Seasoned Veteran with Amnesia

MrSilverFox
MrSilverFox
Soul Shriven
So,

I'm looking for some tips/guides/general suggestions on how to proceed.

What is it you guys do or use, or what modern resources are out there to help with getting back into the game.

I haven't played in over two years on Xbox, basically when Morrowind came out, I bought it, played some story, and stopped.

And yesterday, I signed in for the first time since then. I'm trying to get back into it all and just wonder what people use to keep up with it all again? Like I was looking briefly at my gear and I'm like, is this even decent anymore lol

What are people doing for leveling? How would you beat maelstrom today? Have updates just completely changed the meta I potentially used to run for PvE trials and delves and such.

So. I guess it's like trying to explain to a Vietnam veteran how to fight in a modern day war. The PTSD is there and he knows how to point and shoot the gun. But how is he going to actually survive on the battlefield? You see?

Thanks!
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    It could be useful to know which builds you play with, before giving any detailed advice.
    I myself are on Mac/PC since 2016, and, IMHO, things have not changed too much, if you are not after meta in the extreme, and/or play not vet content.
    The major changes are for the NB, severely nerfed, especially if mag. But I see a lot of people that manage to go on with their NB, in PVE and PVP, so nothing insurmountable.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off join an active well run guild and participate in their activities to meet people. MMORPGs are more fun playing it with people. There is a guild finder build in game now. Just remember you might have to kiss a few toads before you find a guild that works well.

Lots of poorly run guilds that do little to form activities for the number of members they have. They just think they are successful because they have 500 members logging into the game even though none do anything with them. Do not stick around in those guilds.

So for combat I would suggest Alcast's site It has a lot of information in it including builds, videos and walk throughs. Most of the early player created forum like Tamriel Foundry sites have lost their luster as their leadership moved on which is why I suggest Alcast.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many here are happy to help with any questions. For general, I want to know what I don't know here are some places to check out for PvE:
    • Alcast: wide breath of info; sections specifically for begginers
    • Liko: aggregation for max end-game DPS builds
    • Asiangod: various PvE; mid/end game focused
    • NefasQS: various PvE; mid/end game focused
    • J_Dub: 2-man HMs, tank breakdowns, and some other stuff
    • ESO Planet: written dungeon mechanics guides
    • Xynode: written and video dungeon mechanics guides
  • MrSilverFox
    MrSilverFox
    Soul Shriven
    fiender66 wrote: »
    It could be useful to know which builds you play with, before giving any detailed advice.

Alright. I'm CP403
    Stam Khajiit DK
    1st primary was dual Leki's Daggers
    2cd primary was Night Terror bow

Armor is full Two-Fanged Snake & Red Mountain

This was basically my main account I had been working on.
    idk wrote: »
    First off join an active well run guild and participate in their activities to meet people...
    ...Most of the early player created forum like Tamriel Foundry sites have lost their luster as their leadership moved on which is why I suggest Alcast.

Thank you, like honestly. TF are most of my resources from days of old lol. Yeah. I appreciate the tips for that. And I'm looking out for guilds again. I'm trying to get back into one of my favorite ones I was in back in the day. So we'll see. I might start poking around that guild finder chat in here too.

thadjarvis wrote: »
    Many here are happy to help with any questions. For general, I want to know what I don't know here are some places to check out for PvE:
    • Alcast: wide breath of info; sections specifically for begginers
    • Liko: aggregation for max end-game DPS builds
    • Asiangod: various PvE; mid/end game focused
    • NefasQS: various PvE; mid/end game focused
    • J_Dub: 2-man HMs, tank breakdowns, and some other stuff
    • ESO Planet: written dungeon mechanics guides
    • Xynode: written and video dungeon mechanics guides

Tysm for all this. This is great and I'll definitely keep note of all this.
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since you're on Xbox (na?) I'm going to pimp the guild that I'm a senior officer for: Nightmother's Darkhands. We're extremely active but please note we do have a weekly dues of 3000g because we have a trader. Eso army is another great guild with a GREAT trader but that one is 8k per week. Nightmothers NFG is good if you're into pvp--no dues and a trader.

I'd definitely recommended Alcast's site for build information and Xynode for dungeon walkthroughs. You'll have to reset your racial passive skill points because the racial passives had big changes. Also read through your skill lines to see how they've been adjusted.

Welcome back!
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood