The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bow Suggestions for Stamplar

VatorLol
VatorLol
I had Hunding's Rage set and I was using this sets bow but now I'm gonna change to Relequen and I don't have Relequen Bow. Maelstrom and Master Bow is far away from me right now. So I need suggestions for what I could use. Relequen Bow seems to be most appropriate but I wanted to hear what you guys think. Thanks a lot!
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    What’s your second set?
    Seventh works well for stamplar
    Ravager is another but still no bow for that set since they changed it
    But as a placeholder I would use the Agility bow while I wait
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unclear if you mean Bow/Bow build:

Bow/Bow:
    If you don't have one of the arena bows then using two relequen bows would work. It's important for relequen to be used on both bars (either 2 bows or on body/jewels). However, imo it's not worth transmuting two relequen bows so I would instead craft two Hundings bow if that's the set you are using with it.

Bow/(2h or DW):
    Using Relequen on backbar doesn't really work. In that case relequen should be Body/Jewels with your other set as the 2h/DW. If it's a crafted set you can make the bow the same. If not you can buy an Infused Willpower bow really cheap (less than 5k) until you get an Arena bow.

If the arena weapons are "far off", I wouldn't focus on relequen as relequen isn't great in dungeons/arenas/overland and not necessary for normal trials. If you're doing vet trials successfully then getting a masters bow is within your difficulty level. Instead I would focus on the set Vicious Ophidian (drops in HRC, AA, and SO) pairing it with an overland/crafted set. VO is fantastic in dungeon/arena. It can be used as body or "front-bar" set particularly on stamplar's high sustain. In fact due to stamplar's high sustain, VO + New Moon Acolyte fits quite well.

If you're doing bow/bow, Tzgovin's Warband from Frostvault is very good (can get it on normal). That set you want to get the bow as it can be "front-barred".

Note Bow/Bow is the primary build goal, I'm not sure how stamplar works with that. My main PvE stam is stamplar but I'd use another class for Bow/Bow bc a big chunk of Stamplar's damage comes Burning Light passive. That's not important now, but if getting the most out of Bow/Bow down the line is a goal, you may want to build that build on a different character. (this could be wrong though and I'd hope someone that's tested bow/bow stamplar corrects it)
  • VatorLol
    VatorLol
    It's a DW/Bow build. And my second set is Advancing Yokeda.
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VatorLol wrote: »

Advancing Yokeda should be your weapon and jewelry since it's a heavy armor set. Use relequen armors only for the medium passives.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »

Advancing Yokeda should be your weapon and jewelry since it's a heavy armor set. Use relequen armors only for the medium passives.

Advancing Yokeda bow doesn’t exist though, because it’s a melee set. Maybe just use an Agility bow on back bar until you can get a Master or Maelstrom bow.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    O, ok. As Naftal said: AY would be best as DW weapons and Jewelry in your case. Then you can pair it with VO, Relequen, or Lokk body depending upon the content demands.

To your original question, there is no AY bow. Thus, a cheap infused Agility (oops I wrote willpower before doh) bow will do great. An Arena bow can replace it down the line.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't already have the AY weapons and jewels, for stamplar Deadly Strike is a stronger alternative to invest time/resources obtaining.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used the VO bow until I got the Masters and VMA bow. Good crit boost.

FYI, I don't know if its still the case, but if you are using Relequen weapons, you could lose your stacks when weapon swapping. That's why most wear it as a body set. If you are pairing it with AY (which is what I run), then I would recommend the VO, Briarheart, or any other bow that gives you a weapon crit bonus on the 2 piece part.
  • VatorLol
    VatorLol
    Thanks for all the advice! To your question, I'm using releq as body armor. I decided to go for VO as for jewelry and weapons.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the advice! To your question, I'm using releq as body armor. I decided to go for VO as for jewelry and weapons.

VO + Relequen is not the best combination if you are looking to run veteran group content. Your setup of Relequen body + AY weapons and jewelry + the VO bow would be much better. But you should still try to get the weapons and jewelry as VO is necessary to run VMA.