The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Build Tank / DPS? PVP & PVE ...

SkuBBi
SkuBBi
So I would like to do Tank / DPS build for PVP and PVE but I don't know where to start what class, race ... etc. choose, and whether such a build would be efficient and easy.

I apologize for spelling mistakes but my English is not at a high level ...
Edited by SkuBBi on January 27, 2020 10:12AM
PC EU | 155CP | @Skubbi02
Daggerfall Covenant
Kargnuth | Templar | Stamina DPS | Orc
Grulzul | Sorcerer | Stamina DPS | Orc
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I'm not a very experienced player in ESO, I have 200 hours but I don't have 50 levels on any character ...

and build more to be PVE ...
    Edited by SkuBBi on January 27, 2020 12:17PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    https://xynodegaming.com/natures-bounty/

I found this build on the internet, but I don't know what its role looks like as DPS?
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Tank" means different things in PvE and PvP. In PvP, it just means that you are hard to kill. In PvE group instances it has the futher meaning that you taunt the boss (definitely), debuff the boss (almost definitely), and so on.

If you want to both tank and DPS in PvE:
    • You'll need rather different skills for DPS and tanking. That is not much of a problem is you have enough skill points.
    • You should wear totally different equipment for the two roles. That is not much of a problem.
    • The perfectly optimal choice of champion points might be a little different between the two roles, but it is easy to spend them in ways that are pretty good for both roles.
    • Most tanking builds have you putting many or all of your attribute points into health. Almost all DPS builds have you putting most or all of your attribute points into one of magicka or stamina. That's an area where you will need to make difficult choices.

If you like doing stamina DPS, Imperial might be a good choice of race. It's pretty good both for tanking and for stamina DPS.

If you like doing magicka DPS, you should look at Breton as a race. All three of the race's passive skills are useful for tanks. Breton is also a great race for healing.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkuBBi wrote: »
    https://xynodegaming.com/natures-bounty/

I found this build on the internet, but I don't know what its role looks like as DPS?

I have that build and it is awesome!!!!! try it...fun as hell!!!
    Oh!! and its a tank build!!!!
    Edited by Joxer61 on January 27, 2020 12:45PM
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    This build, what I gave are only suggestions but as you say it is fun and efficient ... and what race to choose if I do not have Imperial? because I can't choose the right build for me, the game starts to bore me :( and because of this I don't have level 50 on any character because I'm bored :(
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out www.woeler.eu He is the premier Tank master in my opinion in ESO.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Check out www.woeler.eu He is the premier Tank master in my opinion in ESO.

for end game sort of players...new folks would struggle, thus the OP.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build, what I gave are only suggestions but as you say it is fun and efficient ... and what race to choose if I do not have Imperial? because I can't choose the right build for me, the game starts to bore me :( and because of this I don't have level 50 on any character because I'm bored :(

walk away......come back another day....
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    Joxer61 wrote: »

For now I do not want to leave, maybe I will finally build for me ...
    Edited by SkuBBi on January 27, 2020 1:12PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »

For now I do not want to leave, maybe I will finally build for me ...

What do you find fun? What don't you find you fun?
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I enjoy playing ESO, but I never like build and that discourages me from playing ...
    Edited by SkuBBi on January 27, 2020 1:28PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    Apparently the only class that I haven't tested is Warden, maybe this build will be for me, because I don't know what I'm looking for ... and what race to choose if I don't have Imperial, how I want to create Tank / DPS ?
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy playing ESO, but I never like build and that discourages me from playing ...

What don't you like about your builds?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, you are still probably learning the game. Builds are ever changing (skills used etc) the most fun i had in game in early games was understanding what skills i want to use from my class.and you know. Playing with it.
  • SMG_Spytock
    SMG_Spytock
    ✭✭
    Im looking for the same thing for a DK, I built my char full tank for dungeons and world bosses, Im level 34 now. ID like to have my back bar with a 2h weapon for general questing stuff, If anyone have an Idea of what i could pick up skill wise it would help me greatly
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    Characters I've tested:
    StamSorc , ~40 LVL , 2H+Bow , Redguard
    StamDK , ~45 LVL , DW+Bow , Orc
    TankDK , ~30 LVL, 1H&S+Staff , Argonian
    MagPlar , ~30 LVL , Staff+Staff , High Elf
    and everyone bored me ... StamDK was the worst :(
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I will try to play this with Warden, and is it worth adding a few points in Stamina or Magicka?And the best breed will probably be the Orc, because it will slightly increase the damage ...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will try to play this with Warden, and is it worth adding a few points in Stamina or Magicka?And the best breed will probably be the Orc, because it will slightly increase the damage ...

you need to listen to the advise being given here, yet you are not. Don't go hybrid...i.e. mix your stats. betst to stay in one or other. granted, you can do whatever you want but better option is as stated. Also, from that list....hmmm, this just might not be the game for you. you aren't getting to max level where CP's play a factor and things get better.
    Have you tried Necro? NB?? By not really listening I tend to wonder..troll? if so, well ya got us...… :P
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I will try to play build Hybrid Templar ...
    https://youtu.be/bh-_MZYiQPw
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    what do you think about HYBRID build? are they efficient?
    Edited by SkuBBi on January 27, 2020 5:40PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hybrids can work for fun, but they cannot be said to be efficient. The problem is skills (damage and healing) scale based on 5 things: Max Stam or Mag, Weapon or Spell Damage, Weapon or Spell Critical, and CP modifiers.

Using hybrid sets you can get both types of Damage and Critical. Stacking both max stam and max mag might be possible with prismatic armor glyphs and max stam/mag food. But CP focused in one takes away from the other and there's no way around it.

If you want to Cast spells but use a metal weapon I recommend a stamina based character in which you like the in class skills (that feel like magic) they use.

Though is specifically boring about the several classes you've played? What are you looking for so that it is not boring from your perspective? Honestly at low levels in easy content the combat can just be boring. If there's no risk and your damage is so low that you're just slogging away with the same rotation without having to react to anything for a minute+, yep it's boring to many players. That changes once you open up more skills, get better sustain in builds, and go into content that provides enough punishment from mechanics such that you can't stand still.
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I didn't like this Templar, I have to give Warden a chance and if I don't like it, I think I have to take a break from ESO ...

And what do you think about this build Warden Tank / DPS?

And which race should I choose so that I can be Tank / DPS? Or to sometimes be Tank or sometimes DPS ...(I do not have Imperial race), and is it better to give everything in Health or add some in Magicke or Stamina? and how much does this build have with Tank and DPS?

https://youtu.be/TEVTz9k0wPA

Edited by SkuBBi on January 28, 2020 9:17AM
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like this Templar, I have to give Warden a chance and if I don't like it, I think I have to take a break from ESO ...

And what do you think about this build Warden Tank / DPS?

And which race should I choose so that I can be Tank / DPS? Or to sometimes be Tank or sometimes DPS ...(I do not have Imperial race), and is it better to give everything in Health or add some in Magicke or Stamina? and how much does this build have with Tank and DPS?

https://youtu.be/TEVTz9k0wPA

FOLLOW the build advice.....otherwise whats the point?
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I didn't understand much from the movie because I can't speak English well enough :)
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    Will this build be efficient as a Tank? and sometimes as DPS?
    Edited by SkuBBi on January 28, 2020 4:47PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a fascinating tank build. I encourage you to try it.

The DPS is going to be especially geared towards pack of weaker creatures. I expect it would be a fun build to play.
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    spend all points in health or is it better to spend a few in stamina and magicka? and what race ?
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use that last warden build you linked, then he was clear you want all health if I recall.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    spend all points in health or is it better to spend a few in stamina and magicka? and what race ?

I would do Khajiit, Dark Elf or Nord.

Dark Elf is the stronger damage dealer, their stats allow you to experiment because it helps you switch between Magicka DD or Stamina DD. They get +1875 stamina/magicka and +258 weapon/spell damage. They also get Flame Resist +2310 and immunity to the Burning status effect.

Khajiit is a jack of all trades and master of none. It may fit better for you as a tank. They get +100 hp reg, +85 mag/stam regen. + 825 max health/stamina/magicka. + 10% crit damage and crit healing. -3m detection radius in stealth.

Nord is 1 of the best tank races. Ultimate Regen is extremely important as a tank. They get +1000 hp, +1500 stamina. Cold Resistance +2310 and immunity to the Chilled status effect. Finally they get Physical/Spell Resistance +3960. This still works if you want to use it as a damage dealing race, but you miss out on about 500 stamina and 258 damage from other races like Orc and Dark Elf. The plus side is your tankier and get more ult generation.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 28, 2020 11:55PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
This discussion has been closed.