The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warning: Spontaneous log out issue still happening on the PTS

BlueRaven
BlueRaven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
On the current live server there is a serious issue that happens mainly with southern elseweyr. It was described fully in this forum post here;

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497668/spontaneous-logging-out-of-computer-user-in-macos-catalina#latest

(Basically when traveling in Southern Elsweyr the game will freeze up and eventually send the user to the computer os, NOT the game client, log in screen. Logging back into the Mac OS system the eso game client will "appear" to not be running but will still be heard in the background. Only using the "system activity" utility can the player close out eso. And log back into the game.)

I have posted this to the forums and the in game help system to no official response.

Anyway I was hoping that the with the client change on the PTS this issue would have been solved. It has not. Suddenly I am very worried about the Skyrim chapter, Souther Elsweyr seems to be a no go area, will the new chapter be a wash out as well?

Anyway I just wanted to warn anyone reading this that if you though that the crashing issue would be fixed on the PTS, it has not. And to be wary of the new chapter as that may not work as well.
Edited by BlueRaven on January 27, 2020 4:33AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BlueRaven

If you've opened a ticket to report this issue you can post the ticket number in this thread. We can check on the ticket to ensure it is in the right place.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Thanks for getting back to me! I submitted the ticket in October/November sometime. I don't remember getting an email for it with a ticket number.

Maybe I should resubmit it?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I submitted it as Feedback/Bug.

Impact: Crash / Blocks Progress

Category: Perfomance / Crashing

Subcatagory: Crash

I did not get a ticket number when I entered it, nor did I get an e-mail confirmation.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BlueRaven

I've sent you a PM to help with getting your ticket number.
    Staff Post
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @BlueRaven

If you've opened a ticket to report this issue you can post the ticket number in this thread. We can check on the ticket to ensure it is in the right place.

I have opened a new ticket on this issue (which btw goes back three years of forum reports).

210724-005386

Perhaps, @ZOS_BillE , you can help get a developer to at least look at the crash? It seems a little excessive that a bug like this would go untouched for so many years.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @nightstrike

Your new report in feedback ticket 210724-005386 was received successfully. Please be aware that since this was a feedback ticket you won't receive any follow-up responses from support.
    Staff Post
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nightstrike

Your new report in feedback ticket 210724-005386 was received successfully. Please be aware that since this was a feedback ticket you won't receive any follow-up responses from support.

Does that mean I didn't file it correctly? When doing so, the popup that tells you the ticket number has a line in there saying, paraphrased, ask support if you want an update.

I'm just trying to get a spotlight on this issue, as it's pretty serious. A crash causing a complete logout forcibly closes all of your other applications. The issue has been present for 3 years, and we're in the middle of an event that causes the crash to happen. I just think it would be helpful if somebody from support could say something like "Hey, we know this is serious and we're looking at it right now, stay tuned for an update," or something similar. You tend to be the most responsive person when it comes to bugs, so I was hoping you could help get this looked at now, vs sitting in someone's queue for another 3 years until Mac support gets dropped entirely.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @nightstrike

Tickets submitted under the feedback category do not get support responses, but instead are sent over to our development team. This is the route to go if you simply need to send in a bug report or feedback. For anything else choose a different category that fits the issue that is happening.
    Staff Post
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got burned by this just now while porting from Northern to Southern Elsweyr. Has the development team started looking at this yet? Do they need more information, such as system crash reports?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    Got burned by this just now while porting from Northern to Southern Elsweyr. Has the development team started looking at this yet? Do they need more information, such as system crash reports?

I would like to know what we should do on our end as well.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BlueRaven

On your end you can send in a support ticket when this issue happens and provide as much detail as possible. This will help our team in their investigation.
    Staff Post
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BlueRaven

On your end you can send in a support ticket when this issue happens and provide as much detail as possible. This will help our team in their investigation.

I understand. But if I were to put out a new ticket for each instance I could do three or four a night if I was not avoiding Blackwood. And after that last response it does not seem they are that interested in fixing it.

I truly feel that this is not a “Mac settings” thing, and the responses I get seem to indicate that the customer support team thinks it is. There is just too many people experiencing the issue. And it only happens in the newer additions to the game. And even in the newer areas, it is select locations there.

I have been limiting the tickets to once per patch, and I even made a video. Is there anything more I can do?
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BlueRaven

Can you tell us if anyone on the development team is *actively* looking into this 3 year old issue?
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/583355/pts-patch-notes-v7-1-4
    Fixed a crash that could occur when loading in from character select or jumping between zones.

Is this fix related to the problem on Catalina clients?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/583355/pts-patch-notes-v7-1-4
    Fixed a crash that could occur when loading in from character select or jumping between zones.

Is this fix related to the problem on Catalina clients?

I saw that. I will try it out later tonight.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nightstrike

Aug. 9th. 2021, 7:45pm EST

PTS patch 7.1.4

ISSUE

STILL

EXISTS!!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ

(ノಥ,_」ಥ)ノ彡┻━┻
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I reiterate that it would be nice if sometime could comment whether anyone is looking into this.