The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do wards scale off the bar in which they are cast or the bar you are currently on?

mdb800
mdb800
✭✭✭
Specifically; if I cast hardened ward from my back bar, Which is defending, and swap to my front bar, will the ward retain its defensive strength, provided by defending? Or will it lose its added juice when switched to the front bar with a non- defending stat?

I was told that bar swapping no longer affects bonuses by weapon traits. I have no way to test this as I am on console.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mdb800 wrote: »
    Specifically; if I cast hardened ward from my back bar, Which is defending, and swap to my front bar, will the ward retain its defensive strength, provided by defending? Or will it lose its added juice when switched to the front bar with a non- defending stat?

I was told that bar swapping no longer affects bonuses by weapon traits. I have no way to test this as I am on console.

Pretty sure the answer is no. The size of a shield will be decided by your max mag, then it counts like temporary hps and is reduced from damage depending on your current mitigation.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 27, 2020 12:49PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Pretty sure the answer is no. The size of a shield will be decided by your max mag, then it counts like temporary hps and is reduced from damage depending on your current mitigation.

I know that bit. What I am asking is if the bonus mitigation from the defending trait (if cast on that same bar) will carry over when the bar is swapped. I believe it is no, but I had a bunch people tell me there was a recent change.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I know that bit. What I am asking is if the bonus mitigation from the defending trait (if cast on that same bar) will carry over when the bar is swapped. I believe it is no, but I had a bunch people tell me there was a recent change.

I haven’t tested it, but doubt they’d make that change. That would be ridiculous - BRP DW and shield stack would be so obvious the devs would have to be clueless to miss it.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The size of damage shields is bound to the bar, where it is casted from. So the shield does not get lower, if you change to a bar with less magicka.

The mitigation behind the shield though is very vivid and can change when bar swapping. If you cast a shield on a bar with a defending weapon, you lose that addition resistance and mitigation when swapping bars, therefore also your damage shields will wear of faster, since the total mitigation is worse on your skillbar without defendiing trait.

• mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    The size of damage shields is bound to the bar, where it is casted from. So the shield does not get lower, if you change to a bar with less magicka.

The mitigation behind the shield though is very vivid and can change when bar swapping. If you cast a shield on a bar with a defending weapon, you lose that addition resistance and mitigation when swapping bars, therefore also your damage shields will wear of faster, since the total mitigation is worse on your skillbar without defendiing trait.
    Thank you for the clarification