The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr Homes removed from PTS... why?

Shirayuki_Sama
Shirayuki_Sama
✭✭✭✭
Ok, there is something that really bother me... why have you removed Elsweyr homes from PTS?
I mean I understand (or at the least I can try to understand) that you remove houses like: Linchal, Jode's Embrace, Frostvault Chasm or Enchanted Snowglobe, because they are there for a limited time only.
But Moon-Sugar Meadow and Lucky Cat Landing? We still have both of them on live, why have you removed them? :'(
Edited by Shirayuki_Sama on January 26, 2020 4:51PM
HachikoChan - Aetherius Art Housing Guild - PC EU

HachikoChan Twitter

HachikoChan Youtube Channel
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, why some houses got deleted? I know many people like to test buildings on pts , so they don't waste things on live. Would love to see them back as soon as possible :s
  • Futerko
    Futerko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, fingercrossed for bring this house back

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they're worried that too many people, who never go on to buy the Live version, are using the PTS to decorate houses, for free and then upload videos to Youtube (or wherever)?

Maybe they decided to get rid of the current, newer ones, to make that less likely?

Although, obviously, that wouldn't prevent people from decorating the yet to be released, or older ones, and doing the same.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember some people complaining aboit the houses that were removed due to structural issues like they did with the grand psiijic manor, which they gave to us for free in the end i guess because they didnt think it was worth fixing those issues.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ha, funny! We asked ZOS to make more homes available on the PTS for testing and they respond by removing existing ones :p
    I'm fairly sure though that its probably just an oversight. It often takes a week or two for the PTS to get the housing stuff right.

@Tigerseye
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Maybe they're worried that too many people, who never go on to buy the Live version, are using the PTS to decorate houses, for free and then upload videos to Youtube (or wherever)?
    I would actually think that this is good thing for ZOS as its essentially free marketing. If Youtubers post videos of decorated houses, it would probably encourage others to buy the homes after seeing ideas for how to decorate them. I have often had people comment on videos to say that they wouldn't have thought to buy a particular house but changed their mind having seen what could be done. Also, I've often been invited to houses by people to see where they have replicated something they saw on my channel. Talking to other content creators, they have said the same, so I believe that people using the PTS to create YouTube content would actually help increase business for ZOS rather than reduce it... but that's speculative and probably more than a little biased on my behalf :smiley:
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Shirayuki_Sama
    Shirayuki_Sama
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mizael wrote: »
    I know many people like to test buildings on pts , so they don't waste things on live.

Yeah, materials got so expensive... its better to try decorate on PTS where everything is free, before giving away a little fortune to craft what you need.

Zypheran wrote: »
    ha, funny! We asked ZOS to make more homes available on the PTS for testing and they respond by removing existing ones :pensive:

Yes, there is no logic, that's why I am so bothered about it. :/

HachikoChan Twitter

• Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they decided to get rid of the current, newer ones, to make that less likely?

Although, obviously, that wouldn't prevent people from decorating the yet to be released, or older ones, and doing the same.

That’s possible as I would think they’d stand to profit more if it was a necessity to actually purchase the home in the live version.

Although I can see how, as @Zypheran suggested, it being a bit of an advertisement for them as well.

I have never decorated on pts myself, but been very tempted to, as it would have saved me millions in gold and thousands in crowns 😂
    I've also never charged anyone when "hired" for a custom build, etc.. always just been happy to help however I can when asked ... not that I disagree with those that do, it's just not for me..
    so that, coupled with my passion for housing and acquiring patterns, mats, homes and furnishings has left me eternally in game poor ... which limits my ability to create even further...

I can only imagine what I could have been capable of if I had ever built or created on pts...but I just prefer to decorate and build only on live.. it lets me see what is more realistic and feasible for me to accomplish.
    Edited by Delphinia on January 27, 2020 4:52PM
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my question is, why do you need them? the pts is not there to mess around with older content so you dont have to pay on live servers. it is there to test new content.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    my question is, why do you need them? the pts is not there to mess around with older content so you dont have to pay on live servers. it is there to test new content.

Because you get free crowns on test and all furnishings cost exactly one crown. You can build and see how things will look before you go spending your real crowns or millions in mats and recipes on live.

Down side is, they can wipe your creations overnight.... since it's a test platform.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Because you get free crowns on test and all furnishings cost exactly one crown. You can build and see how things will look before you go spending your real crowns or millions in mats and recipes on live.

Down side is, they can wipe your creations overnight.... since it's a test platform.

but that is what i am saying, the pts is not for that. Sure its handy, people should not be getting off put by stuff like this happening.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but that is what i am saying, the pts is not for that. Sure its handy, people should not be getting off put by stuff like this happening.

That's exactly what it's for.

If I want to see what an ancient rectangular platform is going to look like in my Elsweyr home, I'll buy one for a single crown on test and place it before I spend a mil for the pattern on live. Maybe it looks terrible and I just saved some gold. I don't have any Elsweyr houses, personally..... but that's an example of why the OP made the thread.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's there for older content as well. Keep in mind the PTS doesn't just contain new content but also base changes to the game in many forms such as bug fixes, performance changes and who knows what else. Frequently new function or bug fixes will break existing functions so you really want a range of players testing everything from old to new.
    Edited by Alinhbo_Tyaka on January 28, 2020 4:41PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If I want to see what an ancient rectangular platform is going to look like in my Elsweyr home, I'll buy one for a single crown on test and place it before I spend a mil for the pattern on live. Maybe it looks terrible and I just saved some gold. I don't have any Elsweyr houses, personally..... but that's an example of why the OP made the thread.

I think the point is that, while you may think that is what it's for, ZOS may not.

They want you to spend that million on a plan on live, because then you are more likely (in theory, at least) to spend some real money, at some point, on something else.

Or, you know, they may have just been removed for some other reason, who knows?
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 28, 2020 4:47PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the point is that, while you may think that is what it's for, ZOS may not.

Of course not. ZOS is hoping we will quality test their products for free. 🙂
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    I remember some people complaining aboit the houses that were removed due to structural issues like they did with the grand psiijic manor, which they gave to us for free in the end i guess because they didnt think it was worth fixing those issues.

Except that the houses that the OP is speaking of ARE CURRENTLY ON LIVE, and I own one of them. And as for the Psijic manor, they offered it for sale for crowns last year.
  • Shirayuki_Sama
    Shirayuki_Sama
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should make my point of view more clear...

What I am doing here is to figure out how all this system works, like why some houses like Hunter's Glade and Colossal Aldmeri Grotto aren't out on store since long time but are available on PTS right now, while Moon-Sugar Meadow and Lucky Cat Landing are not on PTS.
    I own Moon-Sugar Meadow on live, and yes... if I ever wanted to try and change it, I'd rather test my ideas on PTS so I wouldn't get so poor to go live under a bridge XD

Ofc it could be like someone suggested: "they leave just some houses there to check and fix some bugs around them".
    I am just trying to find some logic in all of this, that's all.

HachikoChan Twitter