Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MidYear Mayhem in one picture

LinearParadox
LinearParadox
✭✭✭✭✭
Mid-Year-Mayhem2.png

If ya'll can have fun with this, then go ahead.

I'll be in BGs.
twitch.tv/linearparadox
Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
CP 1100+
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is your problem with this?

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    much mayhem
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As if "funny" builds are not used in battlegrounds... :lol:
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aye, only 4 people can bomb you in BGs instead of 5.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Aye, only 4 people can bomb you in BGs instead of 5.

8 can actually :smiley:
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was going to be a picture of the log in screen after you get disconnected.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You got zerged. Your situational awareness was a bit off. Nothing to see here.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is your problem with this?

It's boring, repetitive, stale. There's no variety, there's no intricacy to the fight.

... but I think you already knew what I meant.
    fred4 wrote: »

Why thank you for that unsolicited "tip"!

Here's the thing though, you're dead wrong ;)
    I saw it, knew it was coming. I was trying to heal some zerglings through it. I could've easily dodged it, but I was trying to help carry the brainless lemmings to some semblance of victory, or at least a functional blunt instrument to use against the other factions.
    Kagukan wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be a picture of the log in screen after you get disconnected.

Heh, didn't stick around in Cyro long enough to experience that one.
    Kelces wrote: »
    As if "funny" builds are not used in battlegrounds... :lol:

Not sure what's "Funny" about those skills, or their meta builds, or BGs or... really... anything.
    Where'd you get funny from?
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    much mayhem

I suppose you could call it that. It's certainly chaotic, just not in the "fun, frenetic" sense.

Midyear Mayhem just accentuates and highlights everything that's wrong with Cyro.
    Group v group combat, outside of small-scale of only a couple people at a time, is decided entirely by which group posesses the grand skill and coordination... to press R at roughly the same time... and maybe hold W and walk towards the enemies. Someone might have to pop a synergy too. Weeeeee. -_-

Now don't get me wrong, BGs aren't perfect either, and yes, there's a degree of "bombing" there too, but it's much less common. There's no ult farming as there's no time for it. There's no kiting and LoS'ing around a fkin tower for 5 minutes because there aren't any towers. There's no instant death to 5-10+ ults at once because the most a team can synchronize deliberately is 4, and that's assuming none of them had to use their ults to save their skins in the mean time since they're not hiding inside a ball group.
    In short, yes, BGs are better at excluding this particular playstyle, and I like that.

Now, again, if you somehow enjoy running in a circle for a minute at a time then saying "Now" over Discord or your chosen voice-comms and "pwning all the noobs" or whatever... or if you enjoy being one of those people getting farmed... be my guest.
    The meta of the game has progressed such that there's nothing one person can do anymore to influence the outcome of those kinds of fights like you used to be able to. Like I used to be able to. 9K Synergy hit, in an AoE. C'mon. :|
    Edited by LinearParadox on January 29, 2020 2:03PM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    CP 1100+
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having fun in Cyrodil. I've already leveled four character's Assault and Support lines. I'm no PVPer so I just look at the map, see what is being attacked and run to it. (I do pick up all the Daily's first though)

I join the fight and sometimes get invited to a group. Heck, I don't use any PVP setups at all nor do I use poisons. Just a pure PVE character setup I use to run dungeons. Be it my Tanks, my Healers or my DPS characters they all get in there and do alright.

I get killed a good bit and am usually rezzed by a friendly nearby and I too rez a lot of dead comrades. It's a lot of fun to me and I thoroughly enjoy the Midyear Mayhem event.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's boring, repetitive, stale. There's no variety, there's no intricacy to the fight.
    I don't know what to say. That's standard for Cyro at prime-time, due to lag. Mid-year mayhem just means it's prime-time most of the time. I'm a small-scaler. I rely on my skills working, but intricacy goes out the window when Cyrodiil is full. You end up dumbing down your playstyle. I usually abscond to IC.

Solo and small scale seems more involved to me, because you live from second to second and every move counts. You tell me what life is like as a healer. I've never played one. The large groups I've occasionally played with took calculated risks and stood their ground, heal and AOE spamming. That never appealed to me all that much. How is that any different during the event?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mid-Year-Mayhem2.png

I'll be in BGs.

thats not a Mayhem problem, because the additional pve mayham player will not use these setups.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what to say. That's standard for Cyro at prime-time, due to lag. Mid-year mayhem just means it's prime-time most of the time. I'm a small-scaler. I rely on my skills working, but intricacy goes out the window when Cyrodiil is full. You end up dumbing down your playstyle. I usually abscond to IC.

Solo and small scale seems more involved to me, because you live from second to second and every move counts. You tell me what life is like as a healer. I've never played one. The large groups I've occasionally played with took calculated risks and stood their ground, heal and AOE spamming. That never appealed to me all that much. How is that any different during the event?

You're dead on-target. I play exclusively small-scale and BGs now. I just thought I'd try a little return to my roots back when I used to play group healers and tanks in Cyro a few years back.
    How's it different during an event? I'm actually about to expound on that below.
    Luede wrote: »
    Mid-Year-Mayhem2.png

I'll be in BGs.

thats not a Mayhem problem, because the additional pve mayham player will not use these setups.

You're right, but ironically, that's actually part of the problem.
    During events, there's an influx of not only a great number of players in general, meaning more lag, as others have duly pointed out, but more importantly there's an influx of players that want the rewards but don't know how to PvP.
    Now, I'm not bashing newbies, and people are perfectly entitled to want the shiny new rewards being offered for the event.
    Here's the problem; they're farming bait. They come in, they don't have PvP gear, they don't know the meta, etc etc etc.
    If you've ever played a competitive multiplayer game in Beta, then again at launch where all the people who haven't touched the game yet are thrown in with people that have prior experience, you know exactly what happens.
    So you have a two-fold issue; A greater number of easily "farmed" newbies, and a greater number of predatory players looking to take advantage of that.
    Now throw in someone trying to say... play a group healer? Trying to heal through bombs like that where players don't know what to do. They aren't blocking, rolling, scattering, ulting back, popping rapids, using barrage and so on and so on... just standing there, not CC-breaking, and getting rolled.
    It's a rather frustrating experience for everyone except the sharks looking to feed on the guppies.

Now, again, this is not a problem unique to events. I know that. But it is, as I said above, exacerbated by them.
    It's also made worse for my specific case of trying to heal by the inclusion of some things that didn't used to exist, like Colossus ult, harmony trait synergy with Grave Robber/Gravity Crush. These new tools can cause tremendous damage spikes, especially against unprepared players, where it likely wouldn't even matter how much healing per second my build could dish out, they'd die between ticks of healing. Look at that Grave Robber synergy hit, for example; more damage in a single second than two infamously strong ults could dish out in twice that time. And I was running a fairly tanky build.
    Imagine a newbie in a PvE set with no Impen. C'mon.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    CP 1100+
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not even high damage. Is that no-CP campaign?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, arguably the rise of magcro is a further development of zergy and crude Cyro playstyles. That's your argument, right? I don't play that class, but magden has seemed like a dumb class to me for a while. Buff a lot and try to do a lot of AOE damage, vaguely aiming in some general direction. Magcro seems cut from the same template. I could be wrong. I tend to prefer classes that favor mobility and have options such as gap closers and executes.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Your situational awareness was off? You don't get zerged because your "situational awareness was off". You get zerged because 20 players saw you and kerb stomped you.

God, some of the comments in this sub forum are dumb.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Your situational awareness was off? You don't get zerged because your "situational awareness was off". You get zerged because 20 players saw you and kerb stomped you.

God, some of the comments in this sub forum are dumb.
    The OP has already clarified the situation. He saw the zerg coming, but was trying to heal their own zerg through it. However in general:

If I'm a nightblade and I get zerged, I have only myself to blame for overextending. Same as a sorc really. If I'm playing another class and even, let's say, I'm solo, I still didn't roll out of the necro ult and Grave Robber synergy. I probably didn't play in such a way that I had rocks or other LoS opportunities nearby and I probably didn't pay attention to where that tight ball group was going.
    You don't get zerged because your "situational awareness was off".
    That's precisely how you get zerged as a solo player or small-scaler. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but ultimately it means you were pushing too hard. As a nightblade main, it's virtually impossible to catch me like that. On other classes the main reason I would die to an ult zerg train is because I didn't pay close enough attention to the battlelines. In my last guild we had a policy of dispersing when we saw an ult train coming. Figuring out when the opposing group would push was one of the key tasks performed by our leader. On the other hand, as an independent player, you're typically not relying on group heals and it's easier not to be at the center of your own zerg in the first place, where the ult train will hit.
    Edited by fred4 on January 30, 2020 12:06PM
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing though, you're dead wrong ;)
    I saw it, knew it was coming. I was trying to heal some zerglings through it. I could've easily dodged it, but I was trying to help carry the brainless lemmings to some semblance of victory, or at least a functional blunt instrument to use against the other factions.

You still have to move out of the "soon to be" impact crater and heal from there ;)

But i agree, voice comm coordinated min-max is a pain beyond fun

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In one picure ? I think that would be pretty accurate: :D:joy:
    06262.gif
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 30, 2020 10:09AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In one picure ? I think that would be pretty accurate: :D:joy:
    That needs an epilepsy warning.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking more of something like:

maxresdefault.jpg
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    I'm having fun in Cyrodil. I've already leveled four character's Assault and Support lines. I'm no PVPer so I just look at the map, see what is being attacked and run to it. (I do pick up all the Daily's first though)

I join the fight and sometimes get invited to a group. Heck, I don't use any PVP setups at all nor do I use poisons. Just a pure PVE character setup I use to run dungeons. Be it my Tanks, my Healers or my DPS characters they all get in there and do alright.

I get killed a good bit and am usually rezzed by a friendly nearby and I too rez a lot of dead comrades. It's a lot of fun to me and I thoroughly enjoy the Midyear Mayhem event.

It's nice to hear that you are having fun, have nothing against that,
    But now I Know who is causing me to wait in Que for over 50 minutes to get into Cyro, and I actually go there for PvP which is fun for me while you get your fun to Leech from my fun for your fun.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have better picture
    maybe this is nto special to event but still
    TojSVNJ.png
    and where is fun now with it?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you have to do to get zerged is literally just play solo and not have cloak to save you. You can be walking and meet a zerg when you turn a corner. It's not your fault except that you play solo, like me. 6 out of 10 encounters are with zergs. 3 out of 10 are with small groups. 1 out of 10 is with another solo player. At least for Midyear Mayhem in IC.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on February 5, 2020 5:35PM
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    Mid-Year-Mayhem2.png

I'll be in BGs.

I found proof Harmony Necro bombers don't one shot you with Grave Robber synergy bombs 😆😆
    Edited by XIIICaesar on February 5, 2020 5:41PM
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly though it would be a picture of the login screen...
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XIIICaesar wrote: »
    Mid-Year-Mayhem2.png

I'll be in BGs.

I found proof Harmony Necro bombers don't one shot you with Grave Robber synergy bombs 😆😆

I found one too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LbWYPXvwRo

That being smart spec is op.. Needs nerf asap
    Edited by ellahellabella on February 5, 2020 9:30PM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You must be one scary dude for them to have unloaded the full arsenal on you.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--