The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

something should be done to stop spawn camping.

wolfbone
wolfbone
✭✭✭✭✭
sp, there's now a giant yellow zerg waiting out side the dagger fall base, just spawn camping, and killing anyone who leaves, the same happened in a bg the other night as well. I think something needs to be put out to stop this kind of stuff as it just ruins pvp when 10+ yellow players are jsut waiting to kill every one who leaves.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you do is get a group of people who have proxy det, go up the ladder near the bank in the base of the district that has the closest exit (Elven Gardens for us Blues). Come down the sewer and wait for the the campers to ball up and drop them with proxy det and ultimates.
  • AlanTheDragonLord
    AlanTheDragonLord
    ✭✭✭
    wolfbone wrote: »
    ...it just ruins pvp when 10+ yellow players are jsut waiting to kill every one who leaves.

Is it a giant yellow zerg or just a group of 10 griefers?

What do you propose be done to stop this?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ask them to leave. Works for me every time!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nm
    Edited by zyk on January 26, 2020 11:56PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is Imperial City, that base has seven exits. Just use a different one. Depending on where you're going, you might even get there quicker.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love how zos tries to encourage (much needed) new blood into cyro and IC, and some pvpers then do their level best to make that experience as unpleasant as possible, then come to the forums crying "why zos, why do you not allocate scarce resources to fixing pvp performance?"
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been in pvp since I began 2 years ago, I jus thtink that spawn campers in both the imperial city and also battlegrounds need to be sorted, as having the 2 opposing teams just spawn camp your team so you cant leave with out being slaughtered should be sorted. there's no fun in playing in battlegrounds when you cant leave your spawn point with out being slaughtered immediately

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True "spawn camping" is not a thing in ESO.

In Cyro you either spawn inside a keep your faction owns or at your alliance home base which prevents players from other alliances from entering.

In IC you can always spawn in the sewers and then go to any district using the ladders. Spawn towers in the districts have immunity field on them too.

In BGs your spawn is inaccessible to the enemy and also has an immunity field.

In none of those situations you can be killed without having a chance to prepare. Actually all of those situations favour you since you are the one deciding when you will enter the fight. There is not much else ZOS can do to help you.

Your problem is faction/team imbalance. Gating only happens when one faction has significantly higher population. In IC you really can't be stuck in your spawn since you have so many alternative exits. And in BGs a team that sits under your spawn and slaughters you and your teammates as you jump down one by one might as well sit in the middle and slaughter you and your teammates as you run in one by one.
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in the wrothgar bg map, there's a space you drop down to is accessible b y the enemy teams, to which they kept waiting there for us, hence they where spawn camping as they didn't leave the spot for the whole round apart form when some of them died. and for your information, all 3 team where full.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in the wrothgar bg map, there's a space you drop down to is accessible b y the enemy teams, to which they kept waiting there for us, hence they where spawn camping as they didn't leave the spot for the whole round apart form when some of them died. and for your information, all 3 team where full.

But you do not spawn at this lower area. The place you spawn in is above and is a safe zone. You can spawn, take your time to buff up and jump down fully prepared to fight. This is not spawn camping.

It is not relevant if your team had four players because if they all jump down immediately without waiting for the whole team to be ready they are still fighting an impossible 1v4 fight. And again, your problem is team imbalance. This four-man could have just as easily stood in the middle and ran you over the moment they saw you.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <Chuckles>. This thread brings back fond memories of IC, before we had the flags. A huge throng of reds and blues stood beneath the yellow spawn point in Arboretum, everyone shooting at each other, everyone able to respawn right there. Glorious! I mean this completely without sarcasm. My char was young and that was fun!

It doesn't happen anymore. Right now there are players everywhere, including the spawn points, but after the event? All the experienced players turn flags and do bosses. And what about those who snipe you from their spawn points while you are otherwise engaged, huh?

Not worth complaining about. Just wait till the event is over.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    And what about those who snipe you from their spawn points while you are otherwise engaged, huh?/quote]

I do that, and will do that, and I will happily explain why. Because before when I was not, I was routinely unsneaked and farmed without mercy, otherwise engaged or not. :)
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    sp, there's now a giant yellow zerg waiting out side the dagger fall base, just spawn camping, and killing anyone who leaves, the same happened in a bg the other night as well. I think something needs to be put out to stop this kind of stuff as it just ruins pvp when 10+ yellow players are jsut waiting to kill every one who leaves.

Camping spawn points is a favourite PvP pass-time till the beginning of time. Just die in peace as the rest of us and find yourself a better hole next time. Fortunately there is enough options in IC which is the only place (sewers for sure) where this can happen.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude theres 6 ladders that all take you to different places too..
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will spawn camp if you give them something to kill. Go to another campaign for a few hours. If they camp your gates/base and get zero kills over the course of the next 4 hours while you enjoy pvp elsewhere, who really lost?
    Edited by redspecter23 on January 28, 2020 4:24PM
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was probably when there were 100 DC at black boot and 100 EP at bloodmane vs a non pop locked AD. When we get gatted thought we would return the favor.

Ps we love your new guild chapter house. Much easier to kill than even AOTP.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Legendry
    Legendry
    ✭✭✭
    Spawn camping must be so friggin fun.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been in pvp since I began 2 years ago, I jus thtink that spawn campers in both the imperial city and also battlegrounds need to be sorted, as having the 2 opposing teams just spawn camp your team so you cant leave with out being slaughtered should be sorted. there's no fun in playing in battlegrounds when you cant leave your spawn point with out being slaughtered immediately

I remember I had one deathmatch where it was 4 versus 3 versus me...I couldn't wait to jump down from the spawn area to die...

couldn't get out of that match soon enough...

no doubt getting spawn camped at one of the alliance bases in cyro is one of the most disheartening pvp experiences possible...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 5, 2020 1:34AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place