The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

All Higher Level Players; I Have BIS Questions.

FlyLionel
FlyLionel
✭✭✭✭
I use to play this game at a high level and know all about what sets were bis for what class and individual races per class as well etc.

My question is what races are BIS for stamina/magic builds and which sets are bis atm. I'd like a general min max overview on gear/race/class so I know what I need to grab so I can play pvp properly the way I use to. Atm my sNB has on master bow bone pirate/spriggans with 2p undaunted from what I use to use a year or so ago. Any form of help would be appreciated, I've been asking in game and I get an abundance of people who just run around in circles who cannot answer the question yet have a lot to say. So far my knowledge is Orc/Redguard are S tier atm and for magic it's Breton/High elf/argonian ? BIS
The Flyers
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    To make your answers more lenient I'm focusing on stamina NB even though I heard they got nerfed heavily, stamina DK, mSorc and mPlar. Ty.
    The Flyers
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For stamina in general orc is one of the strongest races. Naturally the other stam races have their niches. Especially for sNB also bosmer (woodelves) are pretty popular. On the other hand redguards are still very strong for sustaining, same goes kind of for imperials. For a tankier build nords are phenomenal. So orc is bis, meanmwhile the other races fill in niches.

For magicka its a bit more diverse I would say. Most used race is probably altmers (highelf), which is a natural fit for magsorc and probably the best choice for a build with sword and board (stam sustain while blocking). The race also helps out in builds, who neglect the stamina resource like builds with bloody mara/witchmothers potent brew drinks. But in the last case dunmer or argonians also help out sustaining the offresource. Right after altmer, I guess breton comes in. Its sustain is great for heavy armor builds and helps out sustaining on high cost classes like necroes or a build with the new moon acolyte set. As said, dunmer and argonian come probably after those two.

For the question about sets, I start with the sNB. Generally you old setup of master bow backbar, spriggans frontbar together with bone pirate and a monsterset (bloodspawn is the way to go in most cases) is still very strong and viable. But many would probably replace bone pirate with a set like new moon acolyte this patch.

For stamina builds in general the best sets are probably fury, new moon acolyte, spriggans , truth, essence thief mostly paired with bloodspawn. Those sets also allow going medium armor in most cases. A set I have seen on PC EU used recently too is barkskin. A monsterset used often on stamnecroes would be thurvokuun. Also trollking or malubeth are used for survivability in some cases.

For magicka builds there are some more sets to consider. Damagewise new moon acolyte, spinners, necropotence/crafty alfiq, spell strategist and maybe innate axiom are the best ones. For sustain many builds also include bright-throat boast, since it provides regen and high stats with the disadvantage of needing a drink. Naturally transmutation also is a very good set for its defense, sustain and support utility. Next patch also galerions revenge looks very promising as sustained damage proc comparable with the other proc sets like icy conjuror and aurorans thunder. Here I also need to mention overwhelming surge as a damage proc set combined with sustain. Monstersets are also slightly more than on stamina. Bloodspawn surely one of the best ones again, also trollking and malubeth are used again. Zaan naturally as high damage proc is used quite often aswell. Engine guardian also is seen from time to time.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    For stamina in general orc is one of the strongest races. Naturally the other stam races have their niches. Especially for sNB also bosmer (woodelves) are pretty popular. On the other hand redguards are still very strong for sustaining, same goes kind of for imperials. For a tankier build nords are phenomenal. So orc is bis, meanmwhile the other races fill in niches.

For magicka its a bit more diverse I would say. Most used race is probably altmers (highelf), which is a natural fit for magsorc and probably the best choice for a build with sword and board (stam sustain while blocking). The race also helps out in builds, who neglect the stamina resource like builds with bloody mara/witchmothers potent brew drinks. But in the last case dunmer or argonians also help out sustaining the offresource. Right after altmer, I guess breton comes in. Its sustain is great for heavy armor builds and helps out sustaining on high cost classes like necroes or a build with the new moon acolyte set. As said, dunmer and argonian come probably after those two.

For the question about sets, I start with the sNB. Generally you old setup of master bow backbar, spriggans frontbar together with bone pirate and a monsterset (bloodspawn is the way to go in most cases) is still very strong and viable. But many would probably replace bone pirate with a set like new moon acolyte this patch.

For stamina builds in general the best sets are probably fury, new moon acolyte, spriggans , truth, essence thief mostly paired with bloodspawn. Those sets also allow going medium armor in most cases. A set I have seen on PC EU used recently too is barkskin. A monsterset used often on stamnecroes would be thurvokuun. Also trollking or malubeth are used for survivability in some cases.

For magicka builds there are some more sets to consider. Damagewise new moon acolyte, spinners, necropotence/crafty alfiq, spell strategist and maybe innate axiom are the best ones. For sustain many builds also include bright-throat boast, since it provides regen and high stats with the disadvantage of needing a drink. Naturally transmutation also is a very good set for its defense, sustain and support utility. Next patch also galerions revenge looks very promising as sustained damage proc comparable with the other proc sets like icy conjuror and aurorans thunder. Here I also need to mention overwhelming surge as a damage proc set combined with sustain. Monstersets are also slightly more than on stamina. Bloodspawn surely one of the best ones again, also trollking and malubeth are used again. Zaan naturally as high damage proc is used quite often aswell. Engine guardian also is seen from time to time.

@SavageChain My friend thank you very much, this is precisely what I needed. I'll take all your knowledge into account and craft something up. Also could I bother you for one more question? Stamina when I left everything moving was running heavy armour, heavy armour on stamplar and sWarden was godlike. I see people are using medium now due to the 2h ultimate? What's really best you think?
    The Flyers
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »

@SavageChain My friend thank you very much, this is precisely what I needed. I'll take all your knowledge into account and craft something up. Also could I bother you for one more question? Stamina when I left everything moving was running heavy armour, heavy armour on stamplar and sWarden was godlike. I see people are using medium now due to the 2h ultimate? What's really best you think?

Both are very viable options at the moment. But many tend too heavy armor and tankyness, since onslaught is all the damage they need to get off some kills against unprepared and unskilled enemies. Medium armor has also its strenghts and mostly is combined with blackrose duel wield, which grants major protection after casting blade cloak. This allows medium armor builds to also be quite tanky. But currently it is just about to get your dizzy, medium weave into onslaught and executioner off and for that it doesnt really matter if you wear heavy or medium. Therefore people rather build tanky.

Normally its dependent on class, sNB normally goes with medium armor. On stamplar both is viable, but most go also medium. Stamdk benefits a bit more from heavy imo, but medium is also an option with a tanky set or barkskin and the rally instead of forward. Same goes for stamnecro, which already have build in great tankyness. Stamsorcs and stamdens can also freely choose between medium and heavy.
    Edited by FirmamentOfStars on January 25, 2020 10:20PM
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »

Both are very viable options at the moment. But many tend too heavy armor and tankyness, since onslaught is all the damage they need to get off some kills against unprepared and unskilled enemies. Medium armor has also its strenghts and mostly is combined with blackrose duel wield, which grants major protection after casting blade cloak. This allows medium armor builds to also be quite tanky. But currently it is just about to get your dizzy, medium weave into onslaught and executioner off and for that it doesnt really matter if you wear heavy or medium. Therefore people rather build tanky.

Normally its dependent on class, sNB normally goes with medium armor. On stamplar both is viable, but most go also medium. Stamdk benefits a bit more from heavy imo, but medium is also an option with a tanky set or barkskin and the rally instead of forward. Same goes for stamnecro, which already have build in great tankyness. Stamsorcs and stamdens can also freely choose between medium and heavy.

I see now lol gone are the days of only one type generally it's playstyle/build dependent. Forgive me really not use to eso being like this, anyways thank you once again. Peace and love!
    The Flyers
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SavageChain oh snap one last thing, traits on jewelry. Infused? ty ty
    The Flyers
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused is best trait for stam, if the quality of jewelry is epic or legendary. Otherwise the difference to robuste is neglible.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can tell you what I’ve found works the best in BGs. Everything else matters on setting and what you want to do.

Magtemplar dps: Altmer is easily the best, the stamina return from class abilities is really good. Go for max spell damage. I use New Moon Acolyte + Bright Throat + 2 1 piece armour pieces. Potatoes on my back bar and only putting NMA on my front bar.

Magsorc and MagWarden dps: A little trickier for race, Breton or Nord I’d say. I’m a wood elf on my magsorc and it was great. Go for max Magicka. Necropence and Bright Throat’s boast + 2 1 piece armour pieces.

If you want to jump right back in without wasting time on doing dungeons and collecting gear go Nord + NMA + Shacklebreaker on a magplar. No PvE required.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 26, 2020 12:23AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I can tell you what I’ve found works the best in BGs. Everything else matters on setting and what you want to do.

Magtemplar dps: Altmer is easily the best, the stamina return from class abilities is really good. Go for max spell damage. I use New Moon Acolyte + Bright Throat + 2 1 piece armour pieces. Potatoes on my back bar and only putting NMA on my front bar.

Magsorc and MagWarden dps: A little trickier for race, Breton or Nord I’d say. I’m a wood elf on my magsorc and it was great. Go for max Magicka. Necropence and Bright Throat’s boast + 2 1 piece armour pieces.

If you want to jump right back in without wasting time on doing dungeons and collecting gear go Nord + NMA + Shacklebreaker on a magplar. No PvE required.

Yeah bro I plan on playing BGs, it gives me the good feel of the old small scale days so thanks a lot @Iskiab
    The Flyers