The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why is this allowed ??

Talmak
Talmak
✭✭✭
trying to do quest in PVP - Bahlokdaan Campaign...

Town Is AD Aligned so yellow ; EP player hide in house with Prefect Antias ; invisible and jump and Gank Player

Seriously how is this allowed ??
  • Talmak
    Talmak
    ✭✭✭
    https://ibb.co/gz2vyVB

this is the screen shot
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because ZOS didn't add safe zones to quest giver buildings like they did in Imperial City.

Its been requested before that ZOS either add safe zones or take off the doors to those buildings so players can't get killed while in loading screens, but they don't seem interested in updating that in Cyrodiil.

They've fixed some areas long ago in the past - in fact that's while resource towers no longer have doors. Just not the town quest buildings. So yeah, its allowed, and ZOS doesn't seem to care that its a problem for questers.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's complete bull poop talmak...as varanis mentioned - it's a serious oversight on zos' part...

this didn't even happen to me, but, I'm mad for you talmak...

those of us who spend the majority of their game time in cyrodiil - understand all to well some of the less desirable human traits that pop up there from time to time...

I know it's past now, but, if you run across that situation try to call it out in zone chat...just to warn others, and there's a lot of players who like to kill quest campers...

I know I do...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 24, 2020 1:38AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more of an oversight than anything.

Unfortunately there are just people with no better to do with their lives than pad their ego by bullying others.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The event has just started. Wait until they start organizing and setting up siege inside. Ugh. Even if you rally some friends together to take them out, you all load in at slightly different times and die one by one to the siege.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    War is hell
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While not "safe" -- nowhere in Cyro is safe -- if you just want to do a couple of dailies for tickets the 2 unconnected towns are safer since they are not PVP objectives. Which doesn't mean there might not be someone with way too much time on their hands ganking there, but it's not as much a hot spot.

• Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be interesting with a word from ZOS mentioning if this is a breach of the TOS or not? It sounds like it is interfering with the experience of other players, but then again, one could argue that they are "just" following the rules of the game? In WOW for instance, this sort of behavior is very much allowed, and you can stand there all day all week killing questers in the thousands and it's completely fine.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on January 24, 2020 3:18AM
  • Talmak
    Talmak
    ✭✭✭
    It is just that if one can be invis in a quest giver zone and pop up and gank player s as they zone in in a building I find it distateful

thank you everyone for the show of support
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be of small comfort to you, but the trolls who do this kind of crap usually only camp quest hubs the first few days of the event. Then they will get bored. You’ll be hassled much less later in the event.

And don’t mistake these jackholes for “pvpers”. Those of us who spend most of our time in Cyrodiil rarely sweat questers or fishers, because we prefer equally engaged enemies.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Would be interesting with a word from ZOS mentioning if this is a breach of the TOS or not? It sounds like it is interfering with the experience of other players, but then again, one could argue that they are "just" following the rules of the game? In WOW for instance, this sort of behavior is very much allowed, and you can stand there all day all week killing questers in the thousands and it's completely fine.

Given that all of Cyrodiil is a PVP-enabled zone, killing questers is in fact allowed and intended. Since combat is not suppressed in any way in those buildings, the game allows players to fight there.

Unlike the players who were glitching their way up onto safe ledges in Imperial City where gap closers are normally suppressed, ZOS left the Cyrodiil Quest buildings available for PVP combat. So this is technically not an exploit, as ZOS does allow combat in those buildings despite having the ability to suppress combat if they wanted to. There's no glitch or exploit involved, just players fighting everywhere the game allows them to. In contrast, the PVPers camping the exit ledges in the IC sewers were exploiting in order to get up into an area that's supposed to be a safe zone that suppresses gap closers specifically to prevent enemies from getting up there.

IMO, ZOS ought to be more consistent. Either take off the doors so players aren't stuck in loading screens (like resource towers) or suppress PVP combat in the buildings (like IC quest rooms.)

Unfortunately, ZOS doesn't seem to care about consistency, since the problem of doors, loading screens, and quest buildings comes up nearly every time a bunch of questers hit the towns and they haven't changed it.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP zone
    Not breaking any rules

Why wouldn't it be allowed? :D
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    PvP zone
    Not breaking any rules

Well technically some of it is exploiting. Exploiting is ‘using game mechanics in an unintended way for an advantage’ or something like that, I can’t remember exactly how it’s defined.

Killing people while grabbing quests, probably not, camping a door and killing everyone who comes through. Probably yea.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP zone
    Not breaking any rules

Because you only see the loading screen and cant defend, roll dodge or block. Very coward and a low form of ganking. This isnt a camp or so. Just a loading screen. Funsuckers
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As others mentioned, if they can't fight you without hiding in a house they hardly classify as PvPers. Killing a player who is loading in is more like hitting the target dummy. PvPers want targets who think and fight back.

I've definitely been in groups (or even solo) that decided to clear those dregs from the bottom of the barrel for the benefit of the questers, or just the satisfaction of seeing them crapping their pants before they get wiped for 2x AP. Let the zone know, and reinforcements may show up to help, or at least deal with it on their way to the next objective.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who does a lot of town quests during the Jubilee and this event, I don't see any problem with people trying to gank me in a PvP zone.

The only problem I have is the doors. Being attacked during zone change is not good.

If the camping is too much, I'll just leave and do something else. Or change characters. Or play somethings else.
  • Expert
    Expert
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killing players in a PvP region is not against the rules.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are asking us to not pvp in a pvp zone.
    that's like asking people to not pve in a pve zone.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok this might be controversial
    But.
    In pvp.
    Maybe you should expect to be killed by other players?
    Pvp = player vs player
    Not safe zone for questing
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    PvP zone
    Not breaking any rules

Well technically some of it is exploiting. Exploiting is ‘using game mechanics in an unintended way for an advantage’ or something like that, I can’t remember exactly how it’s defined.

Killing people while grabbing quests, probably not, camping a door and killing everyone who comes through. Probably yea.

I would argue that intent of a game mechanic must be defined, not implied, if people want to start making accusations questioning the moral character of a player calling them an exploiter.
    Since Cyrodiil is defined as the PvP zone, I cannot see a problem with this.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is players using a computing function rather than a game function to play. Using a load screen to kill someone is not a game mechanic.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    PvP zone
    Not breaking any rules

I would argue that intent of a game mechanic must be defined, not implied, if people want to start making accusations questioning the moral character of a player calling them an exploiter.
    Since Cyrodiil is defined as the PvP zone, I cannot see a problem with this.

Really? Society doesn’t have the onus on telling everybody everything that they cannot do, people have the responsibility to act morally. That line of thinking would mean there’s no such thing as negligence.

That’s like saying bunny hopping or duping isn’t exploiting because no one has come out and told you it’s not okay, but it’s possible in the game so okay.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 26, 2020 8:20PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't see the problem here.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one forced you into cyrodiil. But noooo, You just had to have your precious event tickets for that horendous mount didnt you...
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but What? Daily Quest ganking has gone on forever. You either need to adapt or bring friends.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those quests are easier, faster and give more exp than regular pve quests because of the PVP risk factor. No one is entitled to safety outside of their base camps in Cyrodiil

It's more of an oversight than anything.

Unfortunately there are just people with no better to do with their lives than pad their ego by bullying others.

Or they just got tired of fighting around the same places for years and want to try somewhere different. ZOS is horrible at scattering PVP across the map anyway
    Edited by Ankael07 on January 27, 2020 3:58AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got ganked on the first day as soon as I landed in Cropsford — my alliance had the town, but the gankers were camping the spawn spot. I just laughed it off and went back later.

These events bring out the jerks, who know they can get easy kills from inexperienced folks like me. Whatever. They’ll get bored quickly enough.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Previous years, I have been guarding areas such as Bruma and Cropsford with a few friends, to prevent "bullying". Raising forward camps and reviving poor solo PVE'ers being killed if needed. But I don't play that much anymore, and none of those former friends play anymore, so I haven't been acting "guardian of pilgrims" this event.

It's just mean people with weird a weird ego that do things like these, I feel a bit bad when hearing of it. I suppose they're just original bully type of people. I mean, sure I fight event questers too - but not unless they start acting all weird and hostile. I guess some of them are so used to being killed on sight, that they feel that offense is best defense, but I can't help that. It seems most peaceful in delves, few PVP'ers go there other than for getting the AP boost.

The lemming trains of PVE'ers attacking keeps and such during prime time though, oh my that's fun (as long as you don't dashboard as soon as they appear). You can kill a dozen during one siege with a Cold Fire Ballista, before they even get into the outer keep. And they haven't quite understood you can't just rush through the doors of the inner keep, as soon as the door goes down - wearing all Divines, and having like 8 offensive skills on your ability bars. It's not even an exaggeration. ;-D
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil may be a PvP zone but some of these people are being jerks simply for the sake of being jerks. And the ones who gank from stealth are the worst - they know that they could never win in a fair fight so they have to resort to every underhanded trick that isn't an outright exploit that would get them banned. If ZOS ever took away Shadow Cloak from them their howling and rage quitting would be legendary. I say if nothing else ZOS need to somehow take away their ability to run off with their tails between their legs when they try to gank someone and end up biting off more than they can chew.

Then there's the fact that even if you do kill the ganker the fact that he was able to force you to waste time dealing with him probably still gives him some satisfaction.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One issue is the amount of ap a "new" player has. If they have not died recently they give 1000 + ap, much more than a pvp player who has died 4 times at a contested siege.

This is why some people hunt them.

I must admit when I first did the Cyrodiil quests I got killed in the towns turning in quests and there was no event on, its what has happened since launch. Unfortunately.