The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Buy one Month get a Month Free?

tamedbeast
tamedbeast
✭✭✭
ae07b0d5f9e704aa8cc013a471c1a066.png

Has anyone got one of these emails, and is it a legit email? It seems a little odd that they wanted me to email them if I would like the deal. Also, the domain was not ESO, which was odd, but the email overall aside from that looked really legit.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks fake. It's not from the right address such things would normally come from.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks shady, don't trust it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably legitimate. That is one of the emails that ESO promotions come from.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6054010/#Comment_6054010
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is an offer I've seen them make before. Be forewarned, their system isn't great on automatically applying the free month. Expect to touch base with support at least once more to make sure the free month gets applied to your account.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Probably legitimate. That is one of the emails that ESO promotions come from.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6054010/#Comment_6054010

I stand corrected, lol
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've actually met few people in the past that recived similar mails and as far as I know it was legit offer.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well nvm then, still zos should change it so it looks more official and not shady.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well nvm then, still zos should change it so it looks more official and not shady.

I agree.

I've heard of them doing this before, and I know they do have a few different email addresses they use for promotions, surveys etc. but even so it does look strange.

Even if they just said to contact them via their website rather than replying to the email it would help, because then at least you'd known you were going throuh official channels from then on and if it is a scam they'd tell you.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a common offer they make to players who cancelled their subscription.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

It's making me wonder if I should wait a bit in between buying and cancelling. When I've bought ESO+ I get one month at a time and cancel the renewal as soon as I've confirmed it's active. But maybe if I waited until nearer the end of the subscription period it might trigger one of these emails.

3,300 crowns for £9 is a good deal, better than 1/2 price, compared to buying crown packs.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »

It's making me wonder if I should wait a bit in between buying and cancelling. When I've bought ESO+ I get one month at a time and cancel the renewal as soon as I've confirmed it's active. But maybe if I waited until nearer the end of the subscription period it might trigger one of these emails.

3,300 crowns for £9 is a good deal, better than 1/2 price, compared to buying crown packs.

Sure, if you’re willing to fight with them to get your free month applied. Their system doesn’t do it automatically and you have to contact them several times to get them to honor their deal. How much is your time worth?

Many people give up after the 2nd time they contact Zeni support about it, and just forfeit their free month.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • tamedbeast
    tamedbeast
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I did reply to the email, I am still waiting for them to reply, I am still wondering why in the world they would want me to contact them just to apply such an offer, can't they just give me a coupon and I'm on my way?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tamedbeast wrote: »
    Well, I did reply to the email, I am still waiting for them to reply, I am still wondering why in the world they would want me to contact them just to apply such an offer, can't they just give me a coupon and I'm on my way?

They send out hundreds of those, probably. Many of them will not generate any interest. If you respond, then that shows interest in the offer.

As to why they don't have a code you can enter for a BOGO, that is just because marketing and the website people are not on the same page, or they are afraid you will sell your code to someone else. Besides, this is probably all some manual process that the ZOS/Bethesda person has to perform, which is why followups are required to get the free month.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • tamedbeast
    tamedbeast
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    tamedbeast wrote: »

They send out hundreds of those, probably. Many of them will not generate any interest. If you respond, then that shows interest in the offer.

As to why they don't have a code you can enter for a BOGO, that is just because marketing and the website people are not on the same page, or they are afraid you will sell your code to someone else. Besides, this is probably all some manual process that the ZOS/Bethesda person has to perform, which is why followups are required to get the free month.

Well if that's the case we know this will take 3 weeks for them to reply too.
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a weird system. You tell them you're interested and they will prompt you to log in and buy a month then get back to them to let them know at which point they'll add the free time and give you your crowns.

It works. For me the free second month was applied to my account pretty quickly. Where it got buggy was this:

1st month bought
    2nd month applied
    two months worth of crowns applied to account up front

Then on the third month, when the membership renewed, I got no crowns. I had to contact support about that. They did give me the crowns.

The system works but there are some flaws in it.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • tamedbeast
    tamedbeast
    ✭✭✭
    It's a weird system. You tell them you're interested and they will prompt you to log in and buy a month then get back to them to let them know at which point they'll add the free time and give you your crowns.

It works. For me the free second month was applied to my account pretty quickly. Where it got buggy was this:

1st month bought
    2nd month applied
    two months worth of crowns applied to account up front

Then on the third month, when the membership renewed, I got no crowns. I had to contact support about that. They did give me the crowns.

The system works but there are some flaws in it.

Yeah, I got a message back from them saying the same thing, I paid and waiting for them to apply the free month. After I get the free month I'll cancel my sub. In the email I got back from them they tried to bait me into a 90-day sub and a free month... maybe if they gave me a free month for every month I purchased I would buy a year's worth.