The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A ladder to Blackreach? (Spoiler for Greymoor prologue quest)

• Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiber Septim will terraform some of the empire with CHIM. I'm not sure if he uses this power anywhere in Skyrim though.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally played the prologue quest, and already I've forgotten the name of the tavern in question (The Something Horker?). But I'm reasonably sure it coincides to the Nightgate Inn of TES5:Skyrim, which is not far from both the Great Lift at Alftand and the Great Lift at Raldbthar. So it certainly seems possible to me that someone either found or dug a tunnel that goes from that area of Blackreach to the basement of the tavern.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kind of interesting to me that we, the ESO community, can readily accept the idea of climbing aboard a cart in Stormhaven and ending up PDQ in Riften or wherever, but we balk at the idea of climbing into a secret passage entrance hidden inside a large barrel and ending up PDQ in Blackreach.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • ES_fan33
    ES_fan33
    Soul Shriven
    Okay. I love, like, LOVE this game. But this makes me kind of frustrated. The way Skyrim handled access to Blackreach was great. The first time visiting you had to go all the way through the sprawling Alftand and then take an elevator, and upon leaving you took another elevator directly back to the surface, opening a gate allowing direct re-entry to Blackreach in the future. It made it hard at first, but was worth it in the end because you didn't have to worry about going all the way back through the ruins a second time. But there was still a challenge at first. But in ESO's case, there's no challenge here in terms of getting to the zone. A ladder? Seriously? Ridiculous. There really should've been more thought and creativity put into this, obviously. Seems a bit lazy to me. Because that is just a walk in the park in my opinion and no fun. And it doesn't do Skyrim justice.
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ffs why does it have to do Skyrim justice? It’s a different game.

Really do not understand the way Blackreach is revered. One of my least favourite areas of that game. Dark, depressing, full of those damn nirnroots you had to find and dull.
    Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Ffs why does it have to do Skyrim justice? It’s a different game.

Really do not understand the way Blackreach is revered. One of my least favourite areas of that game. Dark, depressing, full of those damn nirnroots you had to find and dull.

I have to agree with you. I didn't like Blackreach all that much. I mean, it was okay, but meh. I did the Crimson Nirnroot quest once (just to say I did), but never went back to it. I explored around. I shouted at the "gong" to summon the dragon...okay. But nothing in there really did anything for me, specifically, and there was no lore information about the place either.

From that point forward, I charted the quickest path from the bottom of Alftand to the gate at Mzark. And I only did that because I wanted to get the Oghma Infinium (you needed to get the scroll in order to do it) on several play-throughs or the Targe of the Blooded shield.
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the journey to and through Blackreach. The idea of a city underground is a fun and neat idea. Though personally I would have preferred it be a trial for ESO. Having to traverse through the tunnels getting there and then facing what lies in wait there. But I'm happy to see it and look forward to exploring it.

But having it accessed through a wardrobe in Eastmarch? Eh, kinda weird.
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyris can't do portals. It's all her fault.
    PC EU
    Options
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, some sort of very long ladder, maybe?

Long enough for a ZoS loading screen ?
    Options