Should they cut down the Vampire stages to where there is just two stages and not four?

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The New Greymoor Trailer.
Shows what looks to be a vampire that can do all kind of stuff. The one that hisses his fangs and he looks very very great he looks like a vampire and what vampires should look like and he looks peak in power. At the end of the trailer we see a vampire lord who looks like stage one. He looks more human of course but obviously stage one but also has this more feral more thirsty I want to drink your blood and suck you dry vibe. That is how vampirism should look like in the game. Get rid of the garbage zombie like weird appearance and keep the stage one and stage two appearances.

The stage system does not seem to be something every Elder scrolls vampire has. It was a byproduct of how they did the Oblivion Vampirism.
Morrowind vampires did not have it and daggerfall vampires didn't have it.They added it with Oblivion that was copied and pasted over to Skyrim then to Eso.
Given the overhaul its just not needed anymore. We don't need four stages. Here is why. The new system they are doing with them is making them feel powerful all that would be needed is very sated and very thirsty. Many use these passives in pvp. Feeding can be very annoying. Of course we should have to feed to have such power. Problem is vampires have to be at stage four their power. What they are reversing it. Not only making it more annoying but also having to waste bloody mara. Getting it back up to the peak. That is what pvp players will have to do.

Pvpers will not be happy about it. Feeding to be powerful only to look like stage four and more like a zombie then a vampire well that isn't appealing to roleplayers like myself who want to be vampires and not zombies. People are demanding Skins or cover up vampire appearance for a reason and I think that the zombie look should be removed. Don't need it. Give us vampires please.
Under the new system if they cut out and just make it two stages this would be what the vampire at its most powerful and well fed would look like.
3mu41e.jpg
Compared to the vampire seen in the Trailer.
4shFyPfVq5GQV9HKmgS38Z.jpg

3mu4kq.jpg
Compared to Vampire in the Trailer
3mu4r5.jpg
Vampires that look like they could use a neck or two. With things in reverse and the stages cut down.

Stage one would look like my Nordic character does in stage two.
Most powerful Undeath Passive, Supernatural recovery. 25% Fire Weakness 21 Percent reduced vampire abilty costs.
Stage two would look like my stage one vampire Yona.
Dark Stalker passive in this stage since your very thirsty your most likely going to stalk for victims so makes no sense for it being active when well sated. 10 percent Fire weakness. -75 percent Health Regeneration. 0 reduced ability costs or even 21% Increased Costs to Vampiric abilties. A trade off weakness for not being at the strongest and having less vampiric weakness to fire.

What this would do is make it so Vampirism is much more manageable. You feed to become more powerful. Without looking like a type of zombie.
Stage one and two right now look like good and like vampires. Stage three and four vampires look like trash and look like zombies. Get rid of the trash look and players will not demand skins to cover it up with. They might not even cover it up with Skins. My two screen shots of my characters is how Vampirism should look and feel like when powerful and at their weakest.
Also would make me want to feed more and not feed less in the process because vampires should look and feel like they need blood. They should feel like vampires not some kind of hideous zombie.. Plus doing it this way would make the passives easier to manage. As well as allow you to only feed once and not say like three times to be at the peak of vampiric performance. Which would be great for what Vampirism does in Eso.
Also fangs we need fangs for vampires they need fangs. Vampires should have fangs. If feeding on Necks we need fangs to do it with.
Edited by Thevampirenight on January 22, 2020 10:04AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.

Should they cut down the Vampire stages to where there is just two stages and not four? 28 votes

Yes it will solve issues, people will complain less about appearance, would be more managable in pvp and have the look and feel of a vampire in the way Zenimax is attempting to achieve with the changes to vampire.
10%
AimoraLadyNalcaryaEdoKeledus 3 votes
No I disgree with this.
67%
chuck-18_ESOle_spybellatrixedMornaBaineXDark_One13The_LexSpiderKnightGeneral_ZeranthmikemaconFakeFoxkarthrag_inakmagueAWinterWolfOpalbladeSiohwenoehtAnumarilYsbrielPlanetFluffRasande_Robin 19 votes
Other
21%
RedTalonVevvevMEBengalsFan2001ParadisiusThePhantomThornSlimebrow 6 votes
  • Dhaylen
    Dhaylen
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, in-game vs. trailer - totally different. (With everything.)
    Be cool to get pristine graphics like what you see in the old cinematics with the three heroes.
    (Couldn't get my Altmer sorceress anywhere like the trailer that inspired me to make my character.) :)

But Im guessing the fidelity of graphics is not what you are specifically referring to?
    Playing a werewolf in ESO Im not really familiar with the looks, except that most vampires seem to get their appearance changed to the degree that it feels like a waste of time trying to pick out skin color, etc. in character creation.
    (That zombie look you refer to - should legit be a class for those who want it - as it does look like a zombie.)

Whats interesting is the vampire lord was not properly shown in the trailer... its implied that the last shot you had was the vampire lord (feels that way) but when you go to the main site, you see the vampire lord looks like the same floating thinga majibby that was in Skyrim.
    (Tried it out for funs in Skyrim, but was pure on a werewolf there too - took out all the night guards in Markarth that betrayed me for no reason in one long session of good dining - for wolves that is) :)

As for the hissing bit...
    came across as - I guess it was cool when I was a kid - but now, for the guy, just seems... off.
    Why go about hissing at people? Its all good, guess its an ingrained stereotype (Women get away with it easier than guys - Van Helsing with Hough Jackman, ie. - though its very 'hammed' there as well) :)

Options
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Yeah in the trailer they are essentially typical "Hollywood" vampires with claws and everything, just something to draw attention of anyone who likes that sort of content. Keep also in mind this is a company that has gotten away with selling the bare minimum of an MMO at absurd prices so IMO just tone down whatever expectations you have for them.

Most likely visually I expect nothing to change. Still they will prob just keep that zombie look for ever.
    Reworks they will prob not bother going back and changing the other skill lines.
    For passives I expect nothing to change, players will mostly likely still take the skill line just for passive benefits.

As for the 3 skill lines they will most likely just take out whatever they were working on from their previous spell crafting and just slap it together with the vampire skill line and rename it something else that suits the "vampire theme". (Visually I expect them to look garbage essentially it will most likely be something like the warden class).

For feeding animation I expect it to not change. It will still be the same old.
    Also to add they are selling Death Hounds as mini follower pets in their "Collectors Edition" package, so best of luck to you if are hoping them to have some sort of thrall or summing ability.

Overall... :# yeah I'm also pretty sure someone at ZOS is spinning in their chair just having a good laugh.
    Edited by Slimebrow on January 22, 2020 11:43AM
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flubbles wrote: »
    Yeah in the trailer they are essentially typical "Hollywood" vampires with claws and everything, just something to draw attention of anyone who likes that sort of content. Keep also in mind this is a company that has gotten away with selling the bare minimum of an MMO at absurd prices so IMO just tone down whatever expectations you have for them.

Most likely visually I expect nothing to change. Still they will prob just keep that zombie look for ever.
    Reworks they will prob not bother going back and changing the other skill lines.
    For passives I expect nothing to change, players will mostly likely still take the skill line just for passive benefits.

As for the 3 skill lines they will most likely just take out whatever they were working on from their previous spell crafting and just slap it together with the vampire skill line and rename it something else that suits the "vampire theme". (Visually I expect them to look garbage essentially it will most likely be something like the warden class).

For feeding animation I expect it to not change. It will still be the same old.
    Also to add they are selling Death Hounds as mini follower pets in their "Collectors Edition" package, so best of luck to you if are hoping them to have some sort of thrall or summing ability.

Overall... :# yeah I'm also pretty sure someone at ZOS is spinning in their chair just having a good laugh.

Feeding animation is getting changed. Its being completely overhauled and will work similarly to the feeding in other games. It will also work similarly to the blade of woe animations. That has been confirmed. Basically instead of feeding from ranged. You will run up or something jump onto the back and bite into their necks and feed that way but there will likely be variation to it. So it isn't all the same.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 22, 2020 11:57AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    With the update the vampire skill line, appearances, etc.. could be updated.
    Options
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    With the update the vampire skill line, appearances, etc.. could be updated.
    I wish man.... I guess only in my dreams ;l
    Options