The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Treasure Map Not Working?

Doctor_David
I clicked "use" on a Northern Elswyr Treasure Map. The Diagram of where it was appeared and I clicked exit? The item will still in my bag, and the treasure was not located at the appropriate location.

Any ideas what went wrong?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Look up a video on youtube to find where the location is. Using the map doesn't reveal the location.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Using" the map just allows you to look at it. You still have to go and find the portrayed location yourself. Or look it up online if you can't be bothered.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, there is no actual Treasure Chest at the location like other chests in the world. It is a Dirt Mound that you activate to reveal the chest.

And, the Dirt Mound that is at the location is not always the easiest thing to see.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Doctor_David
    Yes, I know it is dirt mound. I have used the web to find the location. I'm pretty sure I found the spot and no "dirt mound". And the fact that the item isn't consumed also indicates it isn't working?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I know it is dirt mound. I have used the web to find the location. I'm pretty sure I found the spot and no "dirt mound". And the fact that the item isn't consumed also indicates it isn't working?

Treasure maps disappear from your inventory only once you've found the mound. Try double checking the number of the map. Might be looking for the wrong one?
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take a screenshot of the map, a screenshot of your surroundings, and a screenshot that shows where you are on the in-game map.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!