The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

downloading game keeps resetting

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I haven’t played on computer since transferring to PS4. But I still have pc account. Unfortunately I haven’t kept up with updating the game on my Mac. I wanted to try the pts, but it’s not downloading right.

I have 100 mbps up/ down but this thing keeps on starting and stopping and then downloading really slow. Then resetting.

I haven’t messed with computers in awhile, and not sure what to do. I wanted to try deleting the whole thing and re downloading. But I couldn’t figure out how to delete it. There’s files all over the place.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @kylewwefan

There are two help articles linked below with troubleshooting steps you can take to improve your download speed through the ESO Launcher.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for trying Billie. Support got back to me and said my isp is blocking me from downloading. I have Verizon internet, so it’s a perplexing issue.

Maybe it’s just a Mac version thing IDK?

It was better to hear some kind of outlandish reason than nothing.

I don’t even know what to say to Verizon as far as letting me download some specific thing?
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For a little update, I contacted my isp (Verizon) and they said there is nothing blocked. So the reason they do nothing is because there is nothing to do.

So why can’t I download eso? Has anyone tried downloading eso lately? What gives?

Mostly I just wanted to mess with the pts and try eso with a PS4 controller as I heard there is built in support for it now.

The download has gotten far as %11 then oddly it starts going backwards ending at %8

There was a thing I failed to mention. I originally had a disk I know, no one does that anymore and even I for the life of me can’t find the disk or the disk drive for that matter.

On my account in the Store page; the digital version is grayed out saying “not eligible” so I kind of assume, I already have it? I don’t know what happened there. Would I still need a disk to play?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disk has nothing on it, about 5GB, you still have to download 95% of the game.

Now, some ISPs will throttle your connection during high usage times, although this is mostly Mobile where this happens. So, run a speed test during the weirdness and see if it is significantly less that what you expect. Note, it will be less than normal as the game download takes up some bandwidth.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I let it download overnight and it just stuck. Zenimax and Verizon are just pointing fingers at each other. Btw, I have 100mbps+ download/upload speed and a ping in the teens. It’s not a speed thing, just another eso issue.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a little follow up, because I am now a bit concerned about the big re-download coming up on Monday;

I downloaded a VPN app and set it up and was able to download the game.

Been playing for the last couple weeks and it’s been a trip coming back over from console. Of course, I forgot to cancel the free trial VPN and had to pay, but it’s ok, because gonna have to re download the game in a week anyways.

Hopefully this can maybe help some people out in the future. Eso support seems to know what’s going on. And even big brand name internet service provider will straight lie to your face.

Tl;dr

So to sum it up, ESO support had suggested my isp was blocking me from downloading files. I call isp and they say they’re not blocking anything. I download a VPN and can download the game through it.

Once the game is downloaded, I don’t have to use the vpn anymore.