Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Headcannon for alt character

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I was curious if anyone here has a head cannon for their alt characters?
Do all your characters know each other? Do they have relationships? Or do you prefer to make those stories with other player characters?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of my characters have independent backstories and are essentially the Vestiges of their own alternate universes. I don't RP with other people, so each character only needs to have an identity and background that explains who they are within the context of the game story.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ilsabet
    for me I've played with guilds that have a "No Chosen One" policy - which makes sense in that context - can't have everyone be the hero
    I only really play the story with 1-3 characters out of my 8 so far.
    So what I like is to imagine them all with different backgrounds that happen to meet

So the four first classes met during the base game and an character they met after came during each chapter
    Edited by Iccotak on January 21, 2020 12:48PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my 'characters' are the same one. Race, appearance, horse, pet, even name (with just tiny changes required by the game). She chooses whether to grab bows or staves and which class/spec to play for a given session as casually as she chooses hairstyles or costumes.

Her back story is extensive and I couldn't begin to develop anything so extensive for multiple characters.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    @Ilsabet
    for me I've played with guilds that have a "No Chosen One" policy - which makes sense in that context - can't have everyone be the hero
    I only really play the story with 1-3 characters out of my 8 so far.
    So what I like is to imagine them all with different backgrounds that happen to meet

So the four first classes met during the base game and an character they met after came during each chapter

Yeah, that's understandable when RPing with a group, especially if their scenarios tend to be independent storylines that aren't tied to the scripted storyline of the game.

I too have only played through the game story with my main character, so she gets most of my RP headcanon time. (Well, I'm also playing through some content with an alt, although since I'm doing that with a friend there isn't really any RPing going on.) I just like to set up each character I make with a backstory that explains who they were before they got sacrificed and how they ended up in the Worm Cult's clutches. That way if I ever do anything with them beyond leveling them and giving them junk to hold onto, I'll have a basis for how they'd approach the story and choices.

The idea of a person's own characters knowing each other is cool, but I find it harder to reconcile the fact that you can't have any of them in the same place at the same time, and I would also run into the "duplicate hero" problem if they were all independently doing the same adventuring within the same universe. So I just keep them separate because that's easier for me.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • deleted220717-003304
    Mine know each other, some are siblings by blood or adoption, some friends, one is another's teacher, etc.
    In different versions of reality, different people end up as the Vestige, and some never do. And then some plot parts are always taken care of by a specific person, for example Fighters Guild is always the same lady in every reality; the others have no interest.

(I don't RP with other people, just play the game and partly write my characters' stories for fun, so I can create my own self-contained world states there.)