The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

BRP DW is buffed on PTS 5.3.0

WreckfulAbandon
WreckfulAbandon
✭✭✭✭✭
Cost of Blade Cloak reduced to ~3700 from ~4900 stamina.

No change to BRP DW set.

Looks like ZOS is ok with you running 3 dmg sets and letting a back bar 2 piece set cover your defense for you.

Because BRP will definitely cover your defense 100% if you can build well and are decent at the game.

Please share your mutual outrage that we are still left with the scourge on PvP that are BRP DW and Resto.

P.S. Thanks for nerfing Auroran's tho. Like seriously???
Edited by WreckfulAbandon on January 20, 2020 9:54PM
PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major Berserk set + Fury + Bloodspawn + BRP DW backbar = New stam meta
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRPdw should seriously get looked at. aka nerfed.
    Edited by olsborg on January 20, 2020 10:03PM

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After seeing those patch notes, lmfao.

Complete miss...
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Isn’t that set proced from break free ? Sounds good on paper but I can see some complications, starting with cc break cool down and not being able to control it for timed burst. On top of it having a (21)12 sec cool down.

Idk have to test it out.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While Dual Wield sucks, I do agree. They should address this, major protection spamming with get hold and make this meta even crappier.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont have a problem with it. Burst Damage is sky high and wasting 1/4 of your gcd to keep this up is fair
    Edited by iCaliban on January 20, 2020 11:42PM
    Options
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Dont have a problem with it. Burst Damage is sky high and wasting 1/4 of your gcd to keep this up is fair

With self heals on a good build you don't need to spam this at all to reap the benefits. Wonder why burst damage is sky high? Cause people can run 3 damage sets and back bar this set and have excellent mitigation and damage.

This set basically makes you immune to dying to any AoE skill as long as you have a pulse. So not only does it completely shut down some builds (a 2 piece, back bar set we're talking about here) but it raises the overall damage level that builds are capable of in PvP. So damage will stay high and people are forced to deal with builds running extremely high damage and also having very high mitigation. By running high damage and mitigation. This game is an arms race and BRP DW is like a satellite laser anti-missile system.

No one good is using this skill every 4 seconds or even close to that unless getting zerged.
    PC NA

Options
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they just need to take the major protection off, the set ought to augment the damage of the skill, not the defensive part of the skill, like the vma bow does.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I fell for title bait. The BRP DW was not changed. Blade Cloak received a minor cost reduction, along with all other AoE DoTs that were increased to around 5k last patch. Great change IMO, these skills were all too expensive in Dragonhold.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on January 21, 2020 7:41AM
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without BRPdw, what will I put on my burger? How will I top my nachos? What will go with my macaroni?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Isn’t that set proced from break free ? Sounds good on paper but I can see some complications, starting with cc break cool down and not being able to control it for timed burst. On top of it having a (21)12 sec cool down.

Idk have to test it out.

It is nine seconds of major berserk. Plenty of time to work some burst in there. Basically you come back from a CC like a freight train.

Conversely, I can kind of see what they are trying to do making CC more risky. But nine seconds, with a 45% uptime. Just wow.
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That new Molag Kena looking pretty tasty.
    Options
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah my bad, I don’t know why I thought that, but it doesn’t change the fact, get gud.
    Options
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just kill BRP DW already. Why is protection on an offensive weapon and not S+B?
    PCNA

Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Idk have to test it out.

It is nine seconds of major berserk. Plenty of time to work some burst in there. Basically you come back from a CC like a freight train.

Conversely, I can kind of see what they are trying to do making CC more risky. But nine seconds, with a 45% uptime. Just wow.

Think it’ll still be okay on classes that have to load up their burst but it’s going to be pretty nasty on classes /specs that don’t need to do all that such as stamplar and stam dk.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

It’s a good indirect buff to magblades, they’re going to be nice next update.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Idk have to test it out.

Think it’ll still be okay on classes that have to load up their burst but it’s going to be pretty nasty on classes /specs that don’t need to do all that such as stamplar and stam dk.

I already imagine deadly strikes+major berserker+onslaught. Jabs will hit like freightliner.
    And BRP DW to survive that break free :D
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    They literally don't play their own game... Like what kind of ignorant morons make these changes.... fire your balance team zenimax fire all of them

This patch they completely ignored feedback, at least from PVP side.

Anybody had problems with off-balance? No, majority liked it like it is in U24. ZOS nerfs it hard
    NB suffers from cast time of ultimates? ZOS doesn't care
    Spammable major protection? ZOS buffs it's applications slightly here and there
    Jabs overperform all other spammables? ZOS ruins dizzy with off-balance nerf
    Tank meta? Here you go get a major berserk which give ton of damage without necessity to stack WD
    Block healing S&B templars? +10% block mitigation
    Options
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    They literally don't play their own game... Like what kind of ignorant morons make these changes.... fire your balance team zenimax fire all of them

Anybody had problems with off-balance? No, majority liked it like it is in U24. ZOS nerfs it hard
    Tank meta? Here you go get a major berserk which give ton of damage without necessity to stack WD

This is the problem, they don't care or listen to quality feedback when it comes to PvP, esp now I would just recommend enjoying the game for what it is until you can find some other PvP mmo where the combat team actually cares.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just wow.

I kind of like the 10% block change for Templars. I haven't played mine in years, and may start up again on that change.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

It’s a good indirect buff to magblades, they’re going to be nice next update.

It is yea, sustain is such an issue on a magblade though. If you’re clever I think it’ll open up some new builds though.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfing BRP DW alone would have zero effect on the Tank Meta. Trading back bar BRP DW for back bar Potentates SnB isn't a downgrade. Tanky healbots are still the biggest problem in terms of bad combat full of stalemates and zerging, and they don't even run BRP DW, which doesn't enhance group support the way BRP Resto or SnB block healing do.

That said, indirectly buffing BRP DW is still nuts. At least we finally get premade-free BGs.
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
    Options
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

clever would like to have a word with you
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
    Options
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With self heals on a good build you don't need to spam this at all to reap the benefits. Wonder why burst damage is sky high? Cause people can run 3 damage sets and back bar this set and have excellent mitigation and damage.

This set basically makes you immune to dying to any AoE skill as long as you have a pulse. So not only does it completely shut down some builds (a 2 piece, back bar set we're talking about here) but it raises the overall damage level that builds are capable of in PvP. So damage will stay high and people are forced to deal with builds running extremely high damage and also having very high mitigation. By running high damage and mitigation. This game is an arms race and BRP DW is like a satellite laser anti-missile system.

No one good is using this skill every 4 seconds or even close to that unless getting zerged.

it's strong - i am not in disagreement. but i was at a CP dueling area...and everyone was rocking snb back bar - not this. it felt like people were much more inclined to sit super tanky on snb (much more tanky than this) and then wait for onslaught to burst a 5 sec window kill.

thoughts?
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    Options
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    Just kill BRP DW already. Why is protection on an offensive weapon and not S+B?

this i agree with. wish snb blackrose was the major protection setup...
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    Options
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I fell for title bait. The BRP DW was unchanged. Blade Cloak received a minor cost reduction, along with all other AoE DoTs that were increased to around 5k last patch. Great change IMO, these skills were all too expensive in Dragonhold.

Dunno about over 1k reduction from cost being "minor."
    mursie wrote: »

it's strong - i am not in disagreement. but i was at a CP dueling area...and everyone was rocking snb back bar - not this. it felt like people were much more inclined to sit super tanky on snb (much more tanky than this) and then wait for onslaught to burst a 5 sec window kill.

thoughts?

BRP DW is better than blocking in a lot of cases, especially against AoE damage. I think that's the clincher here as to which is better. Against an AoE heavy class/build BRP DW is going to greatly increase burst windows and greatly decrease incoming damage on activation. Which is better than having to stay on that defensive bar while blocking. You also have Major Expedition so you're zipping around. And you're free to heavy attack/dark deal during that 3 seconds. Or of course go full offensive. You could even argue it's easier to run OOS blocking than using Major Protection to stall. And block has counters unlike Major Protection which can't be bypassed or countered other than just wait it out. (Major Evasion has no counters either)

My biggest complaint about BRP DW is how it just deletes some builds and playstyles. One button on a back bar 2 piece gives you 3 major buffs, 2 of which work together to basically neuter AoE damage. I mean it completely trashes AoE damage. Which a lot of classes/setups rely on for their burst. Most actually. It's just way too much for a 2 piece back bar set.
    Edited by WreckfulAbandon on January 21, 2020 5:04PM
    PC NA

Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »

This is the problem, they don't care or listen to quality feedback when it comes to PvP, esp now I would just recommend enjoying the game for what it is until you can find some other PvP mmo where the combat team actually cares.

+1
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    Why are you guys crying? Blade cloak used to give major protection by just casting it without a special weapon, they nerfed blade cloak and moved it to BRP DW to make it worth having. Get gud.

lmao. How can you be so wrong and then tell people to get gud? Such dumb, wow.

On that note, time to run dual wield BRP on magicka now, maybe that will help me not get melted by all the fury+major zerktards that are gonna appear next update.

BRP DW is broken OP on mag sorc, mag warden, and mag templar already, but don't tell ZOS :D
    Options
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Why are you guys crying? Blade cloak used to give major protection by just casting it without a special weapon, they nerfed blade cloak and moved it to BRP DW to make it worth having. Get gud.

On that note, time to run dual wield BRP on magicka now, maybe that will help me not get melted by all the fury+major zerktards that are gonna appear next update.

BRP DW is broken OP on mag sorc, mag warden, and mag templar already, but don't tell ZOS :D

you think you can build the stamina needed to run that on mag in no-cp? seems intense
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »

you think you can build the stamina needed to run that on mag in no-cp? seems intense

I think right now only MagWarden and MagDK can. Post patch I’m going to try magtemplar.

Sorc might with dark but you’d need to really pump mag regen. Haven’t tried it.

Maybe BRP DW is being left in game because the devs want to leave a good counter in to aoe spam. That just occurred to me.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 24, 2020 3:58AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options