The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 25 – Bug Reports for Anniversary Jubilee

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing the Anniversary Jubilee. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main toon wasn't able to accept the 2020 quest from the crown store.

vv374dzadv43.png

I switched to another character and was able to get it to work without issue. Are we not supposed to be able to accept this quest if we've done previous jubilee cakes? It's worked in the past.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. If a character completed the quest in a prior year, that character is not able to complete this year's quest to earn the new cake memento. I was able to use the 2019 cake memento and receive the XP buff, though.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the Jephrine Paladin - looks great except for 2 things.

1. Why are there green aeonstone?glass?malachite? pieces all over the place? The helm looks great, if I want a green symbol on my head. Same for the belt buckle and middle of that beautiful shield. Completely ruins the shield.

2. Are those Indrik feathers on my butt? For the love of Dibella - WHY?

[Edit to remove inappropriate content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 21, 2020 8:24PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I have the same problem. If a character completed the quest in a prior year, that character is not able to complete this year's quest to earn the new cake memento. I was able to use the 2019 cake memento and receive the XP buff, though.

Can they not even go up to Donolon and start the quest? I think I have a couple of characters that haven't done the quest, since the last couple of years, I've just completed it with my main to get the cake for all characters to use. The amount of XP from this quest isn't worth doing on all my characters.

But, this bug should be fixed, as I'm sure there are players that have done the quest on all their characters.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Can they not even go up to Donolon and start the quest? I think I have a couple of characters that haven't done the quest, since the last couple of years, I've just completed it with my main to get the cake for all characters to use. The amount of XP from this quest isn't worth doing on all my characters.

But, this bug should be fixed, as I'm sure there are players that have done the quest on all their characters.

No, I just tried, Donolan just has the line of dialogue saying "hope you enjoy the cake" or something along those lines that was his closing dialogue last year. No way to get him to make a 2020 cake if your character already did the quest last year
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

No, I just tried, Donolan just has the line of dialogue saying "hope you enjoy the cake" or something along those lines that was his closing dialogue last year. No way to get him to make a 2020 cake if your character already did the quest last year

Agreed; this is exactly what happened with me.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    Epona222 wrote: »

Agreed; this is exactly what happened with me.

Thanks for clarifying. The OP specifically mentioned the quest from the CS, so I wasn't sure if just walking up to him with a character who had completed it last year would work. So, I guess only players who have characters who haven't done the quest, or are using a template character, can test it this week. Since it's available for testing for two weeks, according to the patch notes, then hopefully, they can patch it with next week's incremental so more players can test without having to create a template character.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm I did successfully manage to start the quest either by getting the ticket from the crown store, or by talking to Donolan on the docks in Davons Watch on characters that had not done a previous quest.

It's ok as a workaround, but please Zeni fix this before it goes live - it may seem minor, but you know that folks are going to have to repeatedly explain the situation to other players ad infinitum during the event if it goes live like this, which interrupts play and looks shoddy
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried starting the quest with a char that has done it in the last two years. As others have already posted, it doesn't work.

The good news is that once I did a daily writ, I did get an anniversary container.

What I found inside that container is underwhelming to say the least. One style page (Lyris - you know, those pages we couldn't even give away last year? Yeah, one of those) and a handful of sanded wood. Mind, I did the clothing writ.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    I tried starting the quest with a char that has done it in the last two years. As others have already posted, it doesn't work.

The good news is that once I did a daily writ, I did get an anniversary container.

What I found inside that container is underwhelming to say the least. One style page (Lyris - you know, those pages we couldn't even give away last year? Yeah, one of those) and a handful of sanded wood. Mind, I did the clothing writ.

I did all 7 crafting dailies on two characters, and yes, I got a Lyris page, but I also got 2 Jephrine Paladin pages, a Moongrave Fane motif page, several blue furnishing plans, and then the usual mix of crafting mats - 10 heartwood among them.

And yes, not being able to complete Donolan's quest for the 2020 cake doesn't prevent you from getting anniversary boxes, but it does prevent you from getting the 100% XP boost, not to mention the 2020 Anniversary Cake furnishing.
  • Internet_Mask
    Internet_Mask
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the Jephrine Paladin - looks great except for 2 things.

1. Why are there green aeonstone?glass?malachite? pieces all over the place? The helm looks great, if I want a green symbol on my head. Same for the belt buckle and middle of that beautiful shield. Completely ruins the shield.

2. Are those Indrik feathers on my butt? For the love of Dibella - WHY?

[Edit to remove inappropriate content]

Agree completely the gems and feathers present on the armor should be dye able.

Also wanted to post this feedback that I left in another thread in this one.

It has potential but there are some problems with it:

The shoulders imbue two handed weapons and staves with magical anti-gravity properties causing them to float. The same issue is also present on the shoulders from the Circle Knight and Windhelm Scale styles. Also completely agree with your comment about the lack of ability to dye the feathers. The Windhelm Scale shoulders have the same problem.

https://i.imgur.com/rBjyZyU.png

My next beef is with the chest armor's tassets. They clip through the player character model when running and when mounted plus make mixing and matching with other styles difficult. That might not bother some people but it basically makes the chest motif unusable for me. I would love the style on my high elf but those tassets make it a none-starter.

Can we please have a version on offer at the outfit station without the tassets?
    Edited by Internet_Mask on January 22, 2020 9:23PM
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did all 7 crafting dailies on two characters, and yes, I got a Lyris page, but I also got 2 Jephrine Paladin pages, a Moongrave Fane motif page, several blue furnishing plans, and then the usual mix of crafting mats - 10 heartwood among them.

And yes, not being able to complete Donolan's quest for the 2020 cake doesn't prevent you from getting anniversary boxes, but it does prevent you from getting the 100% XP boost, not to mention the 2020 Anniversary Cake furnishing.

Thank you for testing that. It was late when I tried and I didn't have time to do more than the one I did.

Odd that you didn't get the XP boost. I summoned and ate the cake from last year, the stats on my char showed I had the XP bonus. (If it actually gave me more XP or not, I can't tell, as I wasn't focusing on that).
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

Thank you for testing that. It was late when I tried and I didn't have time to do more than the one I did.

Odd that you didn't get the XP boost. I summoned and ate the cake from last year, the stats on my char showed I had the XP bonus. (If it actually gave me more XP or not, I can't tell, as I wasn't focusing on that).

I didn't summon the cake from last year, but if it did give the 100% XP boost, then that's definitely a bug, as the cake's XP boost is always disabled after the event. The event is designed so that the XP boost comes from the new cake, hence why you need to do the quest each year to get the new cake.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't summon the cake from last year, but if it did give the 100% XP boost, then that's definitely a bug, as the cake's XP boost is always disabled after the event. The event is designed so that the XP boost comes from the new cake, hence why you need to do the quest each year to get the new cake.

I'll have to check again, because I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is a tool tip that says that if you've done previous events you do not need to get the new cake - which falls in line with other events that requires an item for XP boost such as the Witches' Festival and the "Midyear" Mayhem (granted, the mayhem uses an item that is stored in your inventory, but the Witches' Festival has a cauldron that is a memento, just like the Anniversary).