The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Update 25 - Bug Reports for Item Sets

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues involving item sets in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grothdar appears to only last for 2 to 2.5 seconds, with Elfbane equipped it should be 10 seconds.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long-standing issue: The Ring of Fire/Molten earth from the “Domihaus” Monster set does not deal damage to enemies as per according to the tooltip: (I highlighted it in Bold.)

2 items: When you deal damage, you have a 15% chance to create either a ring of fire or ring of molten earth around you for 10 seconds, which deals 1000 Flame damage or 1000 Physical damage every 1 second. Standing within the ring grants you 200 Spell Damage or 200 Weapon Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long-standing issue: The Ring of Fire/Molten earth from the “Domihaus” Monster set does not deal damage to enemies as per according to the tooltip: (I highlighted it in Bold.)

2 items: When you deal damage, you have a 15% chance to create either a ring of fire or ring of molten earth around you for 10 seconds, which deals 1000 Flame damage or 1000 Physical damage every 1 second. Standing within the ring grants you 200 Spell Damage or 200 Weapon Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

There is no long-standing issue, the set functions correctly on live. Enemies standing on top of the annulus take damage. You inside of the annulus receive the damage buff.

Edited by Urzigurumash on January 21, 2020 12:36AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no long-standing issue, the set functions correctly on live. Enemies standing on top of the annulus take damage. You inside of the annulus receive the damage buff.
    I have tested it on a target dummy numerous times, it does not damage enemies standing inside it, it only grants the respective weapon/spell damage from the respective rings. (have you tried stress testing it with single target direct damage abilities to proc it without any other DoT’s on the target dummy, and if so, kindly post a clip.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • captaintech
    captaintech
    Soul Shriven
    Deadly stikes 20% 5 piece bonus is not applying to certain abilities. Tested on a DK with Rappid Strikes, Lethal Arrow, and new Stone Fist now that it is a channeled ability with a cast time it the tool tip.

Tested with four piece and and non set ring with same enchant then full 5 piece of deadly. Used CMX for comparison. Verified that it is currently working correctly on live.
  • Doctor_Medic
    Doctor_Medic
    Soul Shriven
    The Hollowfang's Thirst set is now proccing on critical over-healing as well as regular critical healing. This was not stated in the patch notes, so I was unsure if this was intentional or not.

Compared to live servers the proc condition requires that you critical heal a target and critical over-healing does not cause the set to proc.

This was tested on a Necromancer with the Living Death skills and the restoration staff skills. All abilities that could over-heal caused the set to proc.
  • LoreScholar
    LoreScholar
    ✭✭✭
    The 5th piece bonus for this set, which states in part "When you kill an enemy, you restore 2150 magicka and gain Major Expedition for 8 seconds, increasing your movement speed by 30%" does not work against enemy players. The stamina version of this set (Vicious Ophidian) does work in PvP. Having this restore magicka and expedition buff not work completely hinders a build using this set and does not make sense in light of Vicious Ophidian working.
    https://eso-sets.com/set/vicious-serpent
    NA-PC
    "Lux aeterna luceat eis." - Let perpetual light shine upon them.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have tested it on a target dummy numerous times, it does not damage enemies standing inside it, it only grants the respective weapon/spell damage from the respective rings. (have you tried stress testing it with single target direct damage abilities to proc it without any other DoT’s on the target dummy, and if so, kindly post a clip.)

The enemy has to be standing on the ring itself (i.e. the edge/outline), not within the circular space bounded by the ring.

http://u.cubeupload.com/Kammakazi/Screenshot2017071718.png

From another forum post - the skellies on the fire ring are all being damaged, but two within the circle are not.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

The enemy has to be standing on the ring itself (i.e. the edge/outline), not within the circular space bounded by the ring.

http://u.cubeupload.com/Kammakazi/Screenshot2017071718.png

From another forum post - the skellies on the fire ring are all being damaged, but two within the circle are not.

Just one problem, unless that screenshot shows the damage numbers from the set itself, That isn’t exactly proof.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something's off with Nerieneth's proc. It procs way fewer times in PTS than on live. Tested with Perfected Asylum Destro + Crushing shock. Necromancer's Graverobber synergy doesnt proc Nerieneth at all

Caluurion procs from destro light attacks (not sure if they count as magicka ability but they dont proc Caluurion on live server)
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • SarcasticPlatypus
    SarcasticPlatypus
    Soul Shriven
    Unstable wall of fire and blockade of fire are not affected by elf bane.
    Pourquoi beaucoup de personnes ont une citation de drama queen ici? Manque plus que la photo en noir et blanc avec le visage à moitié coupé.
  • Eejit1331
    Eejit1331
    ✭✭✭

Should Elfbane add time to the fire damage?
  • Kadoozy
    Kadoozy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eejit1331 wrote: »

Should Elfbane add time to the fire damage?

This was my question. Also since/if the fire ring persists, the spell damage should also stay; though I doubt that is how it actually works, if it does work at all. Maybe Ill try it out later.

Edit: well I decided to attempt to test it and I was unable to open the domihaus monster set container on pts. Was able to open the zaan container just fine. Then I went to file a bug report and was unable to submit my report because of a different bug.

Going great so far ZOS.
    Edited by Kadoozy on January 21, 2020 7:23PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unstable wall of fire and blockade of fire are not affected by elf bane.

I've noted this as well... Interesting thing is Action Duration Reminder times it for 19 seconds (Blockade of Fire Morph), but at ~5 seconds the timer and effect run out.

Also, I think it should buff Flames of Oblivion. It didn't matter in the previous edition of Elf Bane at 2 seconds, but at 5 that is an extra fire-ball. :smile:

Playing since beta...
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5.3.1 says "Robes of the Hist: This item set now displays a visual effect while the proc condition is met."
    Yet there is no any effect while snared.
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you happen to be a NB and are using Essence Thief, the set proc still breaks your own cloak when it lands on the ground after proccing. Very, very, very annoying and would be great if this can be fixed.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overwhelming Surge still capped at 6 targets, despite no mention of this in tooltip.

Elf Bane not affecting Flames of Oblivion.
  • etelmocub18_ESO
    Draugr's Rest doesn't activate on heavy attack damage (for staves or melee weapons), it's basically useless so I have no idea if it's the same on live or not...

...I'm actually not even sure why I equipped and tested it, brb going to take a shower.
  • ccloyesb14_ESO
    ccloyesb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My iceheart is bugged. Seems to have a longer cooldown, less shield, and less damage. Please fix.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice Furnace cooldown seems to be longer than 1s. It will not reliably proc on ticks of Winter’s Revenge (which ticks every 1s). Either that or there is still some RNG chance hidden in the proc condition. It seems to proc roughly 60-75% of the time, making it much weaker than the tooltip would imply. I have not tested with other Frost DoTs like Wall or Boneyard, but I suspect it would skip procs there too.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ice Furnace cooldown seems to be longer than 1s. It will not reliably proc on ticks of Winter’s Revenge (which ticks every 1s). Either that or there is still some RNG chance hidden in the proc condition. It seems to proc roughly 60-75% of the time, making it much weaker than the tooltip would imply. I have not tested with other Frost DoTs like Wall or Boneyard, but I suspect it would skip procs there too.
    Those milliseconds increase Ice Furnace proc that proc even before ticks of frost skills skills/sets.
    ice-furnace.png
    So because of those milliseconds earlier procs ice furnace proc rate is inconsistent. It probably should be done from 1sec into 0.900sec cooldown to better synchronize with 1sec damage skills.
    Edited by Cinbri on February 11, 2020 7:49AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Those milliseconds increase Ice Furnace proc that proc even before ticks of frost skills skills/sets.
    ice-furnace.png
    So because of those milliseconds earlier procs ice furnace proc rate is inconsistent. It probably should be done from 1sec into 0.900sec cooldown to better synchronize with 1sec damage skills.

That might explain it, and thanks for the screenshot. I can see what you mean at 17:139, your Frost tick came early and it had only been 0.991 seconds since your last Frostfire proc so the set failed to do anything. However this does not explain the failed proc at 19:147, it had been 1.018 seconds since the previous Frostfire proc at 18:129 and still the set did nothing.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ice-furnace.png

That might explain it, and thanks for the screenshot. I can see what you mean at 17:139, your Frost tick came early and it had only been 0.991 seconds since your last Frostfire proc so the set failed to do anything. However this does not explain the failed proc at 19:147, it had been 1.018 seconds since the previous Frostfire proc at 18:129 and still the set did nothing.

Actually the cooldown being 1.000 seconds wouldn’t explain all of the procs in that screenshot. There is a Frostfire at 15:164 and another at 16:148 which is 0.984 seconds later. I’m not sure if it’s related to timing of ticks or if there’s still a % proc chance hidden in the set, despite the patch note stating the 50% chance was removed. Something is inconsistent with the set, and I’m really hoping it gets fixed before this goes live.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on February 13, 2020 9:28PM
  • mpicklesster
    mpicklesster
    ✭✭✭
    With Elf Bane, Flames of Oblivion only lasts the default value of 15 sec.

Shouldn't it last 20 sec? Therefore giving just enough time for one additional burst of fire balls (given that F.o.O. procs every 5 sec).

I even DPSed with it just to make sure it wasn't a tool tip error. I cast it with Elf Bane on and timed it. It indeed only lasted 15 sec.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ice-furnace.png

Actually the cooldown being 1.000 seconds wouldn’t explain all of the procs in that screenshot. There is a Frostfire at 15:164 and another at 16:148 which is 0.984 seconds later. I’m not sure if it’s related to timing of ticks or if there’s still a % proc chance hidden in the set, despite the patch note stating the 50% chance was removed. Something is inconsistent with the set, and I’m really hoping it gets fixed before this goes live.

Just to be sure, I tested Ice Furnace with Boneyard, and it is behaving as buggy as with Winter's Revenge. It only procced 7 out of 11 times, or 64% success rate on something that is intended to be 100% now. And it could not have been on cooldown since Boneyard only ticks once per second.

image.png

And I double checked the PTS tooltip to confirm that the 50% proc chance was removed. The in-game set agrees with the patch notes, but it is not working as described.

image.png
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on February 14, 2020 8:27PM