The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Race Change Token

Eifleber
Eifleber
✭✭✭✭✭
Probably already answered (sorry I am new) by I wonder what exactly is changing and what isn't if i use a Race Change Token?!

1. Does it change the look of the character (for instance I guess you must have tusks when you become orc but it's not explicitly mentioned in the description)?
2. Do you get the racial passives of the new race (so you can change from a stamina based to magicka based race)?

Thanks! :)

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you'll get the racial passives of the new race. It will refund your skill points for the racial passives, and you'll have to re-do them afterward.

It doesn't automatically change your look, but it'll bring you to a window where you can change your race and appearance yourself. If you change your mind before you save the changes, just hit the "Back" button, and it'll take you out of that window again without spending the race change token. There is no time limit on when you have to use the token. You can save it for months if you want.

Once you hit "Save" the changes are irreversible. I suggest downloading the test server (the PTS) if you're playing on PC. That way you can get your look exactly the way you want it on the test server first before you put it in your game. You'll have to write down the sliders (or take screenshots of the sliders). I just write them down, such as "Eye Separation - 8 clicks from the left." (I just abbreviate, though ... I don't write ALL of that out.)
    Edited by SydneyGrey on January 20, 2020 8:00AM
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, that was very helpful!
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It doesn't automatically change your look, but it'll bring you to a window where you can change your race and appearance yourself. If you change your mind before you save the changes, just hit the "Back" button, and it'll take you out of that window again without spending the race change token.
    So does that mean that I for example can get the passives of the orc race and keep my Nord look ?
    Or is changing looks mandatory?

• kenneth.friisb16_ESO
    You will have to change your appearance, or race, to orc to receive the racial bonuses. You can't be a nord with orc racial passives.
    PC-EU
    Dastan Kingfrey - Gentleman Thief, Adventurer and Philanthropist
    Kenneth Kingfrey - Spellsword, member of the Mages Guild
    Thurin Hammerhand - Northern Warden, Traveller and NOT a dwarf
    Kenneth Willysson - Wanderer, Mountaineer and Swinger of Axes

PS4-EU
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing race is mandatory if you want the passives for a different race. I wish you could do it that way, but I'm afraid that won't work. I'd have a Redguard with Breton passives if I could.

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 20, 2020 8:24AM
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Changing race is mandatory if you want the passives for a different race. I wish you could do it that way, but I'm afraid that won't work. I'd have a Redguard with Breton passives if I could.
    I love my Breton warden but it's sort of a pity hat she has magicka passives.

Too bad .. a bit frustrating that these racial skills work so restrictive. Yes i know it doesn't matter all that much except in high end content but still, it feels like the game actually offers a lot less freedom that it appears at first glance. Disappointing.