The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP is AMAZING without groups please keep it broken

merevie
merevie
✭✭✭✭✭
We are not having crashes or lag and the ball groups..have things broken ;)
Be in no hurry to fix it.
[snip]
Bless whoever killed it

[Removed for baiting comment]
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on January 20, 2020 5:39PM
  • Llilium
    Llilium
    ✭✭✭
    i was wondering about this, that actually does kind of sound like fun. wish i thought of it before i logged for the night :(
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seconded. If this is what's causing performance issues, then holy crap keep it group-free. There's still tons of action around and the difference in performance is staggering.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what happened? is this on pc?
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apparently grouping broke at PCNA. PCEU only got trader swap hamster keeling over before finishing the job.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suggested no groups in Cyrodiil a long time ago. Now you see I'm so right. B)
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the entire point of Cyrodill large scale battles between large groups? 'Cause it's a war zone?

I thought you guys had battlegrounds for smaller scale PvP.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    haelene wrote: »
    Wasn't the entire point of Cyrodill large scale battles between large groups? 'Cause it's a war zone?

Wish it was that way. But Cyrodiil plague started penetrating even BGs. Ball groups careless about objectives and just playing like in Deathmatch even if it's CTR or Land Grab are getting more and more common.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wish it was that way. But Cyrodiil plague started penetrating even BGs. Ball groups careless about objectives and just playing like in Deathmatch even if it's CTR or Land Grab are getting more and more common.

Yeah it is frustrating when you are the only one (or two of you) grabbing the objectives and you get a team member/s not helping at all just killing... load into deathmatches if thats what you wanna do -scratches head-
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the inability to group means/meant that people couldn't group up for premade teams in BGs, which is exactly the kind of blessing those games need. lol
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who need flags when you get into unstoppable bloodthirsty and only desperate to kill as many as possible? :D
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    No groups in cyro, it would be the best update ever seen!
    Please dont fix it.
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    During Alcast's stream after the Skyrim announcement they did hint there may be solo queue's for BG's in the next DLC.
    I really frickin hope so!!!

P.s. Nerf Sorcs!!!
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    the inability to group means/meant that people couldn't group up for premade teams in BGs, which is exactly the kind of blessing those games need. lol

If you watched Alcasts stream, he suggested this straight to dungeon lead dev and the dev smiled while saying to "stay tuned" to the patch notes for U25. Looks like they may finally be getting rid of pre-made groups in BG at least.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During Alcast's stream after the Skyrim announcement they did hint there may be solo queue's for BG's in the next DLC.
    I really frickin hope so!!!

P.s. Nerf Sorcs!!!

As long as those solo queues has mmr disabled it can be good. Otherwise that change only caters to players thay rarely plays in BG's that doesn't struggle with insanely long queue times (like players with high mmr does)
    Zulera301 wrote: »

If you watched Alcasts stream, he suggested this straight to dungeon lead dev and the dev smiled while saying to "stay tuned" to the patch notes for U25. Looks like they may finally be getting rid of pre-made groups in BG at least.

What if I told you that the majority of teams you fight in BG's aren't premades, but just good players that knows how to stick together. You would be surprised how few actual premades there are.
    Edited by Qbiken on January 20, 2020 11:49AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so they may be doing away with being able to play BGs with friends and just forcing you in with strangers? Or am I misunderstanding?
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduced lag and fixed in combat bug? Sounds like win/win. Even if it doesn't stay out, which I don't mind if it does, it definitely warrants investigating all the different mechanisms and cross character checks that grouping involves. It doesn't stop people from fighting en masse, just not under the umbrella of current group structure.
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    no group cyrodiil in prime time yesterday was amazing! i'd say about 75% less lag. some crashes at keeps still happened, but overall, was great pvp with no groups
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy *** I can’t believe the difference in the lag last night on PC NA. I didn’t think this game could work that well!!! Keep groups turned off.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on January 20, 2020 2:19PM
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭

If ZOS can handle LARGE battle, but they can't.
    Only specific groups don't get lag so hard and they almost are cheating. That is not we want.

Because classes aren't balance. I even don't try to play in battlegrounds.

And after today's experience, it proves that Lag can be made. As I always said.

Edited by EIGHTS on January 20, 2020 3:02PM
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be all for this, then people couldnt use those absurd addons that mark players for the entire group circumventing the game mechanics.