Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

What's the difference between CP-Imperial City and non CP-Imperial City?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭

To be honest, I am just here for the PvE-stuff. I don't want to kill other players, I want to enjoy the story.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just going to toss out a guess since I have not been in IC for a while. My guess is with CP-IC our CP is in play. For the non-CP-IC our CP is not used to boost our character by any means.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference is Champion points.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    The difference is Champion points.

This...

Maybe a little emptier but do not have a clue, have not been there in years...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    So in which variant will I have better chances to survive? Should I rather select the CP or non-CP version?

I am CP 604 and have the set suggested by Alcast for Stamina Dragonknight DPS.

I just want to avoid other players or survive PvP battles.

Thank you!

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP in the wee small hours
    :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-CP would set your ability to survive at your skill as a player.

CP will either be a crutch, or a bigger hammer for a better player to bludgeon you with.

If you are going into IC, be prepared to meet other players, fight, and potentially lose.

If you cannot accept that, then do not go.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bank your TV early and often. Bring invisibility+speed pots (or be a NB with cloak and plenty of magicka). Certain story quests can be a maaaajor pain to complete if there are a lot of enemy players around, particularly The Imperial Standard in the Nobles District. If they do get you while you’re defending the doors, stick around because you may get credit for defending that door (part of the quest) if you start it but your gankers finish it.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, are there Wayshrines to return back quickly?

I see that there is a big map of the city (oh hello Oblivion!) with a huge sewer dungeon below.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »

I see that there is a big map of the city (oh hello Oblivion!) with a huge sewer dungeon below.

Nope. Once you are out in the City or the Sewers, there are no wayshrines.

Ways to return to base:
    Die
    Walk there
    Use a Sigil of Imperial Retreat (bought with AP from a vendor in your sewer base

Ways to get out of Imperial City:
    Queue for the other IC Campaign - this will put you in your sewer base if you need to bank Tel Var gains
    Queue for a Cyrodiil campaign
    Return to your base and use the exit door opposite where you enter the sewers
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ways to return to base:
    Die
    Walk there
    Use a Sigil of Imperial Retreat (bought with AP from a vendor in your sewer base

Queue for the other IC Campaign - this will put you in your sewer base if you need to bank Tel Var gains

type /stuck
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ways to return to base:
    Die
    Walk there

type /stuck

Forgot that one! It'll work once an hour.
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP is clown fiesta, non-CP is just you and your skill.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, I am just here for the PvE-stuff. I don't want to kill other players, I want to enjoy the story.

If you're there just for PvE, it will be harder and longer to kill NPC enemies in No-CP than in CP
    Beta tester November 2013
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don’t have max cp, might as well go to the no cp campaign during the middle of the night on a weekday.
    As a dk you will need a lot of invisibility potions.

Don’t carry any tv with you. So when you are eventually ganked they have nothing to gain.

When I went I purposefully died (I had repair kits) to mobs I could have defeated so I’d be kept at 0 TV. And when I was attacked by a player I’d stand still with my weapon sheathed. Half of those types of people are streaming for the lols and want to see you scramble and rage, the other half want to have a fight to hone their “skills”. All of them are a nuisance when you just want to see the city. I don’t give them the satisfaction.

Oh, if you see someone killing mobs like in the Arena for the quest, tab target the mob and use single target skills. Some of them will let you go in peace.

Universal symbol for “I’m not here to fight you” is holding block while jumping up and down and backing away lol. It doesn’t always work because there are those clowns who will act like they don’t want to fight only to wait for their buddies to get to your location to take you out.

Play defensively.
    Edited by max_only on January 19, 2020 3:54PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom