The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How big is the PTS download?

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I cleared a bunch of stuff off my hard drive, and tried to download it. "Error: not enough hard drive space", said the launcher.
Deleted more stuff. "Error: not enough hard drive space", said the launcher.
Deleted MORE stuff, and finally the launcher started the download. In my mind, this meant that the launcher considered there to be enough hard drive space for the PTS.
I go to sleep while the PTS downloads; I wake up to find "Not enough hard drive space" again.

So...uh...if there wasn't enough space, WHY DID IT LET ME START THE DOWNLOAD GAHHHHHHHH

Also what's the actual download size so I know how much more stuff I need to axe off the hard drive?
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd wait and see if you're going to have to uninstall the existing PTS client and install the new one for this PTS update.
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I'd wait and see if you're going to have to uninstall the existing PTS client and install the new one for this PTS update.

They've already said that it is the new smaller client when they update the PTS this week. I think it was in the after stream.
    But it wont be the new smaller client until the PTS has been updated.

Edit: they also said the client will be just slightly less than 30Gb smaller than it is currently.
    Edited by Hamish999 on January 18, 2020 5:29PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I want to uninstall/delete the PTS stuff I've already downloaded, it's just the (Documents > Elder Scrolls Online > pts) folder, right?
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    So if I want to uninstall/delete the PTS stuff I've already downloaded, it's just the (Documents > Elder Scrolls Online > pts) folder, right?

EDIT: nvm, found it - was 95gb!