The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(ESO Plus) Why are unlocks region specific when the stipend isn't?

Elderscrollian
Elderscrollian
✭✭✭
Fairly simple question to the Devs.

Why are anything you purchase and therefore unlock for your collections specific for each ESO region (i.e if I buy something EU side it isn't unlocked US side and vice versa) yet the ESO plus stipend is only applied once and counts for both sides?

I have friends I play with on both sides of the pond, but when I play with my US friends nothing I have bought or unlocked is unlocked, no mounts, no cosmetics, no bank space, nothing! Which frankly is ridiculous noone is going to buy everything twice that's just crazy.

Unlocks on one side should be account-wide and apply whatever region we are playing because that is how you apply the stipend, it is a total contradiction otherwise. Trying to make us buy everything even the DLCs etc.. separately for each region is just very poor.

Let purchases on the account COUNT for the account. Period.
Edited by Elderscrollian on January 18, 2020 3:09AM
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's to standardize purchasing power. You have 1650 crowns per month to spend regardless of how you play. It also prevents ledger complications with gifting. If you're a NA player with 1500 crowns, and you gift 1000 on EU, you have a global account balance of 500 left, not 1500 on NA and 500 on EU.

As gem items cannot be gifted, the discrepancy in gems across megaservers is only tied to your personal crate rewards on each.
    signing off
  • Elderscrollian
    Elderscrollian
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    It's to standardize purchasing power. You have 1650 crowns per month to spend regardless of how you play. It also prevents ledger complications with gifting. If you're a NA player with 1500 crowns, and you gift 1000 on EU, you have a global account balance of 500 left, not 1500 on NA and 500 on EU.

As gem items cannot be gifted, the discrepancy in gems across megaservers is only tied to your personal crate rewards on each.

My aim wasn't to get a stipend on each region with this post topic. I merely made mention of that only to illuminate the contradiction it poses when it is applicable to BOTH regions while what you purchase with it is not.

My aim is to get unlocks account-wide so that irrespective of what region I play with friends I am not being nickel and dimed to buy all the same unlocks, mounts, cosmetics, character slots, bank spaces, Chapters, DLC's etc..etc.. again :) Because THAT is just craziness.
    Edited by Elderscrollian on January 18, 2020 11:11PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My aim is to get unlocks account-wide so that irrespective of what region I play with friends I am not being nickel and dimed to buy all the same unlocks, mounts, cosmetics, character slots, bank spaces, Chapters, DLC's etc..etc.. again :) Because THAT is just craziness.

Chapters are an account wide unlock. ESO+ is an account wide unlock. Those are purchased outside of the game.
    The rest are server unlocks. The megaservers do not communicate with each other about characters and collectibles. Only account services - your username, your game edition, your subscription, and your account crown balance.

You have the flexibility to play on as many servers as you have access to. You can jump in with a Chapter purchase and ESO+ and enjoy the same base experience on either megaserver. But you've agreed to terms and leases prior to purchasing anything in this game, and ZOS has the right to stand firm on any existing agreement about account availability versus server availability.
    Calling terms you've already agreed to crazy doesn't accomplish anything, as that was a choice you made.
    signing off
  • Elderscrollian
    Elderscrollian
    ✭✭✭

Chapters are an account wide unlock. ESO+ is an account wide unlock. Those are purchased outside of the game.
    The rest are server unlocks. The megaservers do not communicate with each other about characters and collectibles. Only account services - your username, your game edition, your subscription, and your account crown balance.

You have the flexibility to play on as many servers as you have access to. You can jump in with a Chapter purchase and ESO+ and enjoy the same base experience on either megaserver. But you've agreed to terms and leases prior to purchasing anything in this game, and ZOS has the right to stand firm on any existing agreement about account availability versus server availability.
    Calling terms you've already agreed to crazy doesn't accomplish anything, as that was a choice you made.

Actually that isn't true. We have access to Chapters and all DLC as part of being ESO plus and that access applies anywhere, but what we own does not go over both regions.
    For example I bought Imperial Collectors edition of the base game on release. I have all those benefits EU, I have NONE of them except the imperial mount US side. Likewise I bought the Digital Collectors edition of Summerset I have all the benefits EU side, NONE of them US side. I bought the Digital Collectors of Elsweyr I have all the benefits EU side, NONE of them US side. I pre-purchased Greymoor Digital collectors. I will get all the benefits EU side I won't get any of them US side with the exception of the holdbreakers mount oddly (why only two of the mounts from any of the chapters have traversed region I cannot say possibly as they were pre-order rather than edition benefits?).
    ALL I will have for certain US as EU side is access to the content and only because im ESO plus I have 100% not been getting any of the benefits of the editions I have purchased both sides only on one side. Indeed all those benefits are in the Crown store US side ready to be bought again as if i didnt own them at all.

So you are incorrect :)

Edited by Elderscrollian on January 19, 2020 12:29AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to think about that for a bit.

First, OP is talking about servers, NA and EU server. That is how we commonly speak of them as we all play from various regions.

Items obtained outside of the game are provided to both server. Get a pet from watching an ESO stream and that pet is obtained on both servers. Preorder the chapter and get the pets and mounts on both servers. This is probably done as it is easier than figuring out where players actually play since most play only on one server.

Items obtained in game are only on that server. Mostly because there is not cross save, that each server is independent of each other.
  • UltraMex
    UltraMex
    ✭✭
    It's annoying when there is GW2, an mmo that doesn't require subscription to access materials storage and everything you bought on gem store are account bound, which mean your character slots/unlocks are still there if you transfer to EU server.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    The reason that the unlocks are not account wide is very simple. The fact that crowns can be spent on things other than collectables (notably motifs, potions, etc), and some of that is character specific, it adds an excessive layer of difficulty in bookkeeping. As the bookkeeping is necessary, and the two servers are not flawlessly synced, they need to keep anything purchased with crowns to be server-specific, whereas, anything purchased on the actual webpage is account wide. That makes it simpler for them to keep the bookeeping straight. Nothing more or less than that.
  • Elderscrollian
    Elderscrollian
    ✭✭✭
    The reason that the unlocks are not account wide is very simple. The fact that crowns can be spent on things other than collectables (notably motifs, potions, etc), and some of that is character specific, it adds an excessive layer of difficulty in bookkeeping. As the bookkeeping is necessary, and the two servers are not flawlessly synced, they need to keep anything purchased with crowns to be server-specific, whereas, anything purchased on the actual webpage is account wide. That makes it simpler for them to keep the bookeeping straight. Nothing more or less than that.

Which is why I made the point I did in my OP because they already HAVE a contradiction to the logic behind that reasoning. And if they can have one they can have more. Everything should be account wide.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALL I will have for certain US as EU side is access to the content and only because im ESO plus I have 100% not been getting any of the benefits of the editions I have purchased both sides only on one side.

If you have an issue with account purchases not applying correctly, open a support ticket. They should be able to walk you though what you should have available on both servers based on your purchase history.
    signing off
  • Elderscrollian
    Elderscrollian
    ✭✭✭
    ALL I will have for certain US as EU side is access to the content and only because im ESO plus I have 100% not been getting any of the benefits of the editions I have purchased both sides only on one side.

If you have an issue with account purchases not applying correctly, open a support ticket. They should be able to walk you though what you should have available on both servers based on your purchase history.

LOL it isn't an account error Acrolas,

It is working as they originally implemented it and that is the point it needs to change. Things need to be account wide for both regions as a single account not two versions of a single account except where "some" things apply but not others.
    Edited by Elderscrollian on January 19, 2020 8:40PM
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    One reason, and I believe this is touched on is that crown points from outside of NA can sometimes be found through third party code vendors at other prices.
    It is like in games where you can go to a code site and by the EU version of a game that is region free for less than what you get it for in NA and sometimes the other way.
  • Elderscrollian
    Elderscrollian
    ✭✭✭
    Unseelie wrote: »
    One reason, and I believe this is touched on is that crown points from outside of NA can sometimes be found through third party code vendors at other prices.
    It is like in games where you can go to a code site and by the EU version of a game that is region free for less than what you get it for in NA and sometimes the other way.

People can already use VPNs to play the currency game if so inclined.