Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crash when ending fullscreen mode

Gattopardo
Gattopardo
✭✭
Since (at least) the last patch, everytime after being in fullscreen mode and switching back to "Windowed (Fullscreen)" (my default outside of raids), the game immediately crashes. Does someone else experience this? It also most likely will crash the next 3-4 times the game gets started bc it starts in fullscreen and then tries to minimize the game.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Gattopardo

Some workarounds and details about this issue have been posted in the thread linked below.

Can no longer play in windowed fullscreen.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Gattopardo
    Gattopardo
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    No? The thread you posted is about the issue that "Windowed Fullscreen" is basically just "Windowed" since Murkmire.

I still go back from fullscreen to the Windowed (Fullscreen) option out of habit, my bet I guess for not specifying that.
    But there is no mentioning of the game crashing after being in fullscreen and switching back to another form, which is the issue I made this thread for to see if someone else has this problem too. And this issue seems to be new. Might be related to windowing issue not being fixed for more than a year (the size issue, white screen at the start, and so on).
    Is the mac client being fixed with the overhaul in the next update and will it be testable when it hits pts in the next days?