The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP

Ozazz
Ozazz
✭✭✭✭
Its about that time! As this game deteriorates with every patch and the quality of pvp as a whole, If Eso could some how bring a pvp campaign out thus cycling through all the most iconic patch's they've had in the past thus reverting abilities and classes to their former state in those patches, for example if you had a month campaign and it cycled weekly through the most demanded patches like 1.6, one tamerial, morrowind etc
lets be real the game isnt getting better for pvper's and this idea i have not the slightest doubt it would revitalize pvp and bring back so many veterans included!
i'm pretty sure this would be relative to the wow approach in some aspects. A campaign for veterans should be considered thought!

Until something like this happens I guarantee pvp will continue you to die, However they could bring heaps of new content like new map geography/quest pvp zones in new areas rather than cyrodiil and this could possibly revitalize population. Lol that ='s too much work for devs because their lazy and dont care about pvp!
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, splitting the playerbase is always dangerous, especially in open world pvp where a certain density of players is essential.

3 campaigns are already hard enough to keep populated and a map where half your gear (and some skill lines, and two classes) periodically becomes unusable is never gonna take off. Or is this gonna be One Tamriel with necromancers, time stop and BTB?
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's probably too much work for anyone, managing that would be a nightmare.

IMO they should:
    • Cut down on the PvDoor in Cyro
    • Make major changes to Cyro in general, I think it's dog ***.
    • Balance PVP around no-CP and forget CP
    • Fix MMR / make winning important and not just a byproduct.
    • Think about serious solutions to BG's.
    • Stop bringing sets like BRP into the game that totally contradict 'OP' nerfs they've previously made, just to help some spanners that can't manage themselves.

So many things could be done, none of it will.
    Edited by BNOC on January 17, 2020 3:59PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of these ideas at all, balance has gotten much better since all those patches.

Cyrodiil is a lost cause, they'll never be able to address the stress. Reverting balance would only bring back cancerous builds that shouldn't exist.

@BNOC Cp makes the game fun imo. no cp really caters to particular classes and builds and it's very limiting. There's no way to balance this game to be large scale viable and small scale viable without battle spirit being different in each aspect.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think all that’s really needed is to get rid of the emp ring. That’s what funnels players into one area.

Right now groups stick to that ring because it’s all you need to win.

Stretch out the important places across the map and everyone will benefit. Solo players can pick off people going between key places, small scale don’t have to fight a losing battle against ball groups, and ball groups will have to choose. Either camp one location or get strung out riding around on the map.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    im suggesting 1 of the already dead campaigns to be utilized not adding! I completely disagree with people that are opposed, I do not care to play retail eso the past was better and always will be for highly skilled veterans, so to provide a safe space for them in this game is ideal.