The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

worst class for pvp atm?

CowNRB
CowNRB
✭✭✭
So what is the worst class for pvp atm? like In my opinion it's magDK. they really wrt to pvp need some love.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one you do not play very well. Player skill is the biggest factor in all aspects of ESO gameplay.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The one you do not play very well. Player skill is the biggest factor in all aspects of ESO gameplay.

I don't know, I will always claim the worst class is the class I play best. That way I can get it buffed to the point I can erase my opponents with no resistance.

No one can know my master plan; keep this on a need-to-know basis!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Loaded question! The answer’s always depends on the setting.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 17, 2020 1:44AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not speaking from personal experience, but judging from the polls, and the YouTube videos, and the discord... The answer is quite unanimous. Nightblades are considered to be the worst class in the game currently. And by a large margin. And that goes for both Stam and magicka.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Not speaking from personal experience, but judging from the polls, and the YouTube videos, and the discord... The answer is quite unanimous. Nightblades are considered to be the worst class in the game currently. And by a large margin. And that goes for both Stam and magicka.

What discord?
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    It hard to say which claass is the worst, but Mag DK is one of the best class now ..
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It hard to say which claass is the worst, but Mag DK is one of the best class now ..

Lol magdk is a shadow of it former self right now, it's only decent in 1v1 because they haven't touched fossilize yet and I wouldn't be surprised if they gutted that one as well, stripping away magdks identity even more.

On topic: I would say nightblade are in the worst state, both mag and stam
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on January 17, 2020 12:51PM
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where did all the sorcs go?

Things haven’t changed that much for NBs in the past half year, but it used to be a thread like this would be piled on with sorcs asking for buffs for sorcs and more NB nerfs. This is freaking me out!
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the context of course, some classes are better solo and others better in group. But on the sheer number of useless or simply broken abilities (some of which are very core to the class) it has to be Necro.

- Blastbones entirely unreliable and simply won't work in any lag
    - Spirit Mender occasionally stops healing altogether.
    - The corpse targeting for siphons is abysmal and they are hardly used in PvP.
    - Pathetic damage aside (like most DoTs now) you can't even target opponents with the Skeletal pet.
    - Grave Grasp (ground root) and Skull are too slow to be useful, no one really uses them.

Some other classes have broken or useless skills (Stone Fist, Blazing shield etc. etc) but no other class has so many of them with all being very core.

At least as MagNecro you have one genuinely good available playstyle in an AoE group dropping Colossus, Totem and harmonied Boneyard combos. But other than that particular context, everyone is clutching on vamp and psijic skills to get by and still performing worse off than all other classes.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... Overall ? It would seem that stam NB...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8q-W0BsD6s&t=
    (All credit to Isth3reno1else. He made 4 videos about class tier rankings in pvp. Solo, small scale, large scale and the final video to sum it up).
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Things haven’t changed that much for NBs in the past half year, but it used to be a thread like this would be piled on with sorcs asking for buffs for sorcs and more NB nerfs. This is freaking me out!

Conveniently all swapped to MagPlar last patch
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Depends on the context of course, some classes are better solo and others better in group. But on the sheer number of useless or simply broken abilities (some of which are very core to the class) it has to be Necro.

- Pathetic damage aside (like most DoTs now) you can't even target opponents with the Skeletal pet.
    - Grave Grasp (ground root) and Skull are too slow to be useful, no one really uses them.

Some other classes have broken or useless skills (Stone Fist, Blazing shield etc. etc) but no other class has so many of them with all being very core.

At least as MagNecro you have one genuinely good available playstyle in an AoE group dropping Colossus, Totem and harmonied Boneyard combos. But other than that particular context, everyone is clutching on vamp and psijic skills to get by and still performing worse off than all other classes.

Good stamcro is one of the toughest opponents both in duels and smallscale, on par with or better than stamden, stamDK and stamplar. Maybe you're doing smth wrong with all your corpses so they're not serving you well, hm?
    Edited by MusCanus on January 17, 2020 3:05PM
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    All classes are amazing in their own way. What I think needs help is the nerfing of playstyles. Spin to win, executor is way to effective vs class executes. Staff skill line should have a execute. Target damage different from nearby damage should be removed from the game. No classes that is last pick in any role shouldn't be 1 pick in another.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All classes are amazing in their own way. What I think needs help is the nerfing of playstyles. Spin to win, executor is way to effective vs class executes. Staff skill line should have a execute. Target damage different from nearby damage should be removed from the game. No classes that is last pick in any role shouldn't be 1 pick in another.

Don't you use major evasion against templars and spin2win spammers?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming equal player skill when playing each class (no learning involved) and similar situations, magblade almost always comes out on bottom. People will say you can play it with success, but the catch is that you can do more, easier on every other mag class, and even better on stam.

That being said stamblade's pretty bad too.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭

Awesome! NB is the most common class in the game, so we'll probably see the most messages about it.
    In truth, the worst classes in the game are those that rely on additional abilities - guilds, weapons... Simply put, these are those who do not have their weaving.
    P. S. I don't take broken abilities into account.

Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on January 17, 2020 5:10PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »
    Maulkin wrote: »

Good stamcro is one of the toughest opponents both in duels and smallscale, on par with or better than stamden, stamDK and stamplar. Maybe you're doing smth wrong with all your corpses so they're not serving you well, hm?

A player who is decent with any stam class can make stamcro work, but you start with 50% handicap that your best skill won't function at all. Stamden...simple, am I facing the right direction at the right time, for sub assault to hit. Bastbones...will it lag out, fail to move, get confused by elevation, get snared, get rooted, get CC'd, die to ground effects, and so on.

I play Necro almost exclusively now simply because it is so funky compared to Templar and stamsorc. When it works it hits like a hammer, but the mechanics of the class introduce so much randomness, it can be super inconsistent and frustrating.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Conveniently all swapped to MagPlar last patch

So did I from magblade, so can’t blame people.

Magsorc’s a good class but it can suck if you’re against players who knows what they’re doing. A stamwarden premade who shimmers up and spawn camps the magsorcs taking away their maneuverability in a BG is such a hard counter.

Most magsorcs count on having people in front of them taking the enemy’s focus and fold immediately under any pressure.

In a BG the only group I dislike more then me and 3 NBs is me and 3 magsorcs.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 17, 2020 7:57PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    S TIer Magsorc
    A Tier Magden Stamden StamDK Magcro
    B Tier Magplar MagDK Stamplar Stamsorc Stamblade StamCro
    C Tier Magblade
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All decent NA mag sorcs except for one have left this game. What we are left with now are fury spammers in bgs.
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on January 17, 2020 10:45PM
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag DK IMO
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, all classes are great — really depends on how you play and who against. Player skill will attribute more to it than class. Also if you’re playing groups that adds a whole different playing field. I think anyone posting “best pvp class” have a very small window into the world, they might even PvP everyday — but that doesn’t mean they are exposed to every solo or group composition.

While some classes do function better at certain things, for the most part all classes have a nice tool kit (or similar tool kits), so...get gud?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Don't you use major evasion against templars and spin2win spammers?

Does anyone even use spin to win anymore? Its horrible, ever since they changed the execute to the short range morph. Your enemies can literally walk or dodge roll out of its range. Even dual wield main bar setups seem to be using executioner over it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 18, 2020 4:06AM
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade is the worst for solo pvp imo. Mag dk is down there with it.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FrankonPC wrote: »

That's strange, I've had the easiest time on both...with the only downsides being mag DK lacking sustain, and mag NB requiring you to wear opponents down. Two things that are not a big deal to me because I play quite differently than other players and actually do bother to heavy attack and make use of tactics, unpredictable elements, and trick play instead of a standard build relying on burst windows.
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How could the Magblade be worse than a Magnecro?
    Magnecro has no mobility and the burst tool work realy bad.
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tolino wrote: »

Dude has a thread with rankings and whatnot depending on solo, group or small scale. Check it out:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508090/pvp-class-ranking-isth3reno1else/p1
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tolino wrote: »

harmony necros have the capability to nuke 5+ people immediately with one well timed burst. Magblade you have to attempt to single target everyone down.

They're equally as tanky, but magcro can recover better from lower health. They're close, and if harmony didn't exist I'd put magcro at the bottom.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t know who’s the worst but I’m confident it’s not magdk. Basing it off personal threat level I’d go with Necros in general because I have yet to die to a single one in a 1v1 and outside of the ult they just aren’t that threatening.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on January 18, 2020 9:49PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.