The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hello! New to game loving it, few questions!

RadicalJesterXL
RadicalJesterXL
Soul Shriven
Good afternoon! I've only been playing for about a month and haven't broke level 30 with any of my characters, just been getting a feel for the game and trying to learn as much as possible.

I play on the PS4.
One question I have is am I doing something wrong with dungeon finder.
My partner and I (healer dps combo) que up together and sometimes the dungeon will pop for him but not me and vice versa. Also the wait times mostly are 30+ min and it seems like once I break group and relog we will get a insta pop or host a few moments.
I've heard people on YouTube talk about dungeon finder having issues sometimes, so I guess I want to know if this is user related or something everyone experiences.

Secondly, is there a simpler way to leave a dungeon besides breaking group or running back to the beginning? I've seen some dungeons have an exit at the end, but it seems most don't.

Last but not least. I've noticed I can't see some of my partners AOE spells... I've heard mixed things about PC vs console in this regard and most topics are quite a bit old. In having a hard time with this because I don't know where to try and keep the mobs if we are questing together and pull aggro. 😢

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to respond to these questions for be, sorry it is a bit lengthy 😅
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you and your friend grouped before Queuing?

Yes, travel to anyone in the group who is in the dungeon and you go back to beginning

There is an option to hide others spell effects, i think it is on by default
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) When you queue for an activity, the prompt will only pop if you are out of combat.
    Another action at the same moment (ie. emote) may also create bugs.
    The group finder itself is also being clunky and had trouble for last weeks.

2) You can teleport to your house. (back -> game map -> select waypoint -> teleport)

3) This is a result of last patch (your effects are easier to see than others') and server lag. Not much you can do for visuals.
    Where to send your dot attacks ? In front of your Tank (or front of the player who builds up aggro first).
    Edited by MerguezMan on January 16, 2020 9:27PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the last patch does have an impact on what you see of others spells
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RadicalJesterXL
    RadicalJesterXL
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, we've always been grouped before I que us up... It's weird, but I think Merguez had cleared that up for me by explaining it's more of the game itself.

Thank you guys for the info! Truly!