Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crafting Motif Books - Character Bound????!!!! O.o

Magenpie
Magenpie
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm a little bit stunned. I've just opened 4 crown crates, and lucky me, found a Crown Crafting Motif book. To my utter amazement, it tells me this is bound to the character who opened the crates!! And for me, sadly this is not my main crafting character. Given so many of the big items in the crown store are account wide, if it had remotely occured to me this was the case with the motif books, I'd have used my crafting character to open them.

I'm a little annoyed and frustrated - it seems so stupid, short-sighted and down right mean to do this.

Is there any way I can swap this thing to my crafting character?

• Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it's completely negated any excitement I had at opening the effing crates in the first place
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First, scam crates are a scam. Second, at least you get the style into your collections, so you can use it in outfits :#
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're bind on pickup to your account so they cannot be traded or sold like normal in-game drops. But they're motif books, not containers, so you can bank them for another character to use.
    signing off
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    They're bind on pickup to your account so they cannot be traded or sold like normal in-game drops. But they're motif books, not containers, so you can bank them for another character to use.

Nooooo!!! So 'Bound' means 'Account Bound'? So my crafting character could indeed have had it? /facepalm cries

I've already used it on the character which picked it up. Argh.

Well, thanks for letting me know, I'll know better next time. What a fool I am.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magenpie wrote: »
    Acrolas wrote: »

Nooooo!!! So 'Bound' means 'Account Bound'? So my crafting character could indeed have had it? /facepalm cries

I've already used it on the character which picked it up. Argh.

Well, thanks for letting me know, I'll know better next time. What a fool I am.

It'll say "Character Bound" if it can't be moved from the character.
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would edit my OP to reflect my misunderstanding of the whole thing, but I don't seem to have an 'edit' button.

Thanks for all your responses. :)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magenpie wrote: »
    I would edit my OP to reflect my misunderstanding of the whole thing, but I don't seem to have an 'edit' button.

Thanks for all your responses. :)

You can try starting an Online Support ticket for this issue, @Magenpie ... and see what the Support Team can do.

No guarantees though.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Magenpie Hello, try putting the Crown Crafting Motif into a housing storage chest/coffer!

I am able to move an Akaviri Crown Crafting Motif which I had obtained from a crown crate into my housing storage coffer. From here it is transferable by logging on a different character and taking it out of the storage :) hope it works!

Just read that you used it :( nvm lol. It might be possible you can move it to your personal bank too though mine wasn’t able to when I got it.
    Edited by Vaoh on January 17, 2020 6:39AM