The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vamp sustain question

lukoi
lukoi
✭✭✭
If you are not using actual vamp abilities like mist form, what is the value from a pvp perspective in running vamp at higher than stage 2?

Seems like 2 us a relatively cost free sustain bonus with no major downside once you have UnnRes high enough to remove the health recovery penalty from stage 2.

What am I missing on the pros cons here of using it? (Barring aesthetics).

Best Answers

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduced damage taken at lower health and faster sneak speed. The sneak speed is helpful in Cyrodiil mostly but I am guessing some like to sneak in PvE.

But yes, the greatest benefit overall is the sustain. It is why the biggest increase in added fire damage taken is from stage one to stage two.
    Answer ✓
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »
    I thought vamp stages only advanced if you used an active skill. Am I off base there? Does it creep up even if you dont trigger a vamp skill?

Your vampire stage naturally increases over time. Using a vampire ability just reduces the timer and accelerates your path to next stage.
    Answer ✓
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand the damage reduction being a significant decision point now that you mention it. I guess for most of my builds and my playstyle, I am more worried about sustain than pure mitigation.

Thanks
    Edited by lukoi on January 15, 2020 5:57PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand the damage reduction being a significant decision point now that you mention it. I guess for most of my builds and my playstyle, I am more worried about sustain than pure mitigation.

Thanks

There’s also vampire is a pain to manage your level. When I vamp I let it ride to 4 or be wherever it wants to be. Then I just live with the consequences.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 15, 2020 6:23PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    I thought vamp stages only advanced if you used an active skill. Am I off base there? Does it creep up even if you dont trigger a vamp skill?
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Your vampire stage naturally increases over time. Using a vampire ability just reduces the timer and accelerates your path to next stage.

Thanks for the clarification. My only current vamp is a stage four and I went to that stage as swiftly as able, so I guess I never noticed.

Guess I will have to feed once in a blue moon o n my stage 2 character(s).
  • Ashagin
    Ashagin
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's just me but shouldn't vampires be more decrepit and ugly when they dont feed. Much like any other starving lifeform, dead or not. Stage four should be beautiful, mesmerizing and powerfull with less drawbacks and stage 1 should be a starving wretch of a vampire. You have to feed to keep your cover and power. Starve yourself on a moral bases and you grow weak and wouldn't make a very good vampire. Conflicted yes maybe. For rp purposes or just vampire lore the new changes make no sense.
    Edited by Ashagin on April 27, 2020 11:32PM