Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sweetrolls

Tigerseye
Tigerseye
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
OK, so we know these are on the way for the upcoming Heart's Day Festival:

559la9y5v5rd.png

...which is great. :smiley:

But, I was just wondering if new models of the individual Sweetroll would also be produced, so we can place a couple on plates next to this Platter, if we want to?

As, otherwise, these new model ones will, obviously, clash with the individual ones:

pgm1foeob7ok.png

Not only in terms of the quality of the graphics, but also in terms of colour and texture.

I know there are also the Resplendent Sweetrolls, which are very nice (resplendent, in fact!):

cq6xju56e2w7.png

However, they are also very rare and worth a lot of gems, if you trade them in.

Which is what most people (who are lucky enough to get one!) will, inevitably, end up doing.

So, I was just wondering if we could please have an update to the original Sweetroll?

Either using the same model as one of the sweetrolls on the Platter, or perhaps using the same model as the Resplendent, but minus the sparkles?

Thanks for your time. :smile:
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really prefer the platter sweet rolls get updated considering their texture is horrendous compared to the old ones.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really prefer the platter sweet rolls get updated considering their texture is horrendous compared to the old ones.

In what way is it worse, in your opinion?

The new Sweetrolls (on the platter) have a far smoother, rounder, less angular rendering.

Whereas, the bottom of the old ones is like the bottom of a hexagon, or octagon, when it should be rounded.

Edited by Tigerseye on January 15, 2020 5:33AM
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you say your certain there coming but are they, the amount of furniture revealed on the pts only to not show up at all is very sad (looking at you alinor windmill)
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

To me they look one dimensional whereas the others may have a rough texture but still look 3-D. It's both a trick of the lighting and the choice of the platter but it makes the sweetrolls from certain angles (above especially) not seem like they are stacked but rather painted onto the platter.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

To me they look one dimensional whereas the others may have a rough texture but still look 3-D. It's both a trick of the lighting and the choice of the platter but it makes the sweetrolls from certain angles (above especially) not seem like they are stacked but rather painted onto the platter.

Oh, I see.

Well, that doesn't sound good, either, obviously.
  • DukeCybran
    DukeCybran
    ✭✭✭
    And I'd like sweet rolls in various flavours/colours, yummy.
    Since the sweet roll has somehow become one of the symbols of TES5, the update will, IMO, season the upcoming DLC - Skyrim. :D
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DukeCybran wrote: »
    And I'd like sweet rolls in various flavours/colours, yummy.
    Since the sweet roll has somehow become one of the symbols of TES5, the update will, IMO, season the upcoming DLC - Skyrim. :D

Yes, would be really nice and also, appropriate for the new chapter, as you say. :smiley:

I made these strawberry ones by adding inverted Radishes (for strawberries) and Murkmire Braziers (for strawberry cream sauce/custard):

sr2tcp8hb1f9.png

...but, it would obviously be better if the sweetrolls were the new model and if they didn't take four slots each, including the plate.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 18, 2020 9:21PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our sweetrolls definitely need an upgrade, especially with the Jubilee coming up!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen every post imaginable now lol.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen every post imaginable now lol.

Do not underestimate the importance of sweetrolls!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish that platter was available outside of the furnishing pack as well. >w<
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish that platter was available outside of the furnishing pack as well. >w<

Yeah, wonder if it ever will be?

Leaving it stuck in a Heart's Day pack seems a bit illogical, considering Sweetrolls are not, specifically, a Heart's Day thing and the dish isn't in the shape of a heart, or covered in hearts, or anything...

If they were iced, heart-shaped cupcakes, in Heart's Day colours (pink and red), on a heart-shaped platter, then it might make more sense for them to only be available on, and around, Heart's Day.

But, they're not - they are just regular Sweetrolls on an octagonal platter.

Actually, iced heart-shaped cupcakes, on a heart-shaped platter, would be a really nice addition, too, coming to think of it... :smiley:

Maybe they could consider adding them for next Heart's Day?
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 26, 2020 5:47AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is already a cluster of sweetrolls available in Kvatch. Those are the ones I use.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-item-furnishing-Preserved_Sweetrolls.jpg
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    There is already a cluster of sweetrolls available in Kvatch. Those are the ones I use.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-item-furnishing-Preserved_Sweetrolls.jpg

Yes, but they are also the old model.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

By the way, having got the platter now, I don't agree with this, at all.

They look amazing, from every angle, to me.

I have placed them away from my strawberry sweetroll cobbles and am just thinking of the latter as Strawberry Puddings, now, to explain their totally different appearance.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My screenshot of the Platter:

sDRD1Hg.png
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Is it possible that is due to a graphics settings thing?

They don't look one dimensional, or painted on, to me.

In fact, they look even less so, when the light is flickering on them, than they do in a (still) screenshot:

b06Sns0.png