The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in combat - a simple and constructive solution

• TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's what I'm saying. If it can't work properly delete it please

Yeah, whoever thought of this new system needs a love slap. Twenty minutes I was stuck in combat yesterday because o dared to attack a ball group, I could not stealth for ten minutes, even after using a invis pot, popped right back out of stealth, middle of field, no one around
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that really bugs me when stuck in combat is not being able to port: if keep is us you won't port anyway, when it's not ua usually there is also nobody around to fight with because of guards so this is one that could be changed.
    Another thing is swapping skills and quickslots, mostly during sieges. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to swap skills/sieges to defend a keep or an outpost but your not able to do so because you fought with enemy group on the ground and now despite you are standing on the wall 100m away, you still can't do it :/ I don't know how to solve it without allowing for unhealthy skills switching during the fights. Maybe tie it to recieved&delt damage, e.g. if you and only you didn't recieved or dealt any damage for 20-30s you can swap your skills and quickslots.
    Edited by Mayrael on February 12, 2020 12:41PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    That's what I'm saying. If it can't work properly delete it please

Yeah, whoever thought of this new system needs a love slap. Twenty minutes I was stuck in combat yesterday because o dared to attack a ball group, I could not stealth for ten minutes, even after using a invis pot, popped right back out of stealth, middle of field, no one around

Much like the tower/rock humping idiots on their cheese builds, just let them kill you and respawn somewhere else, otherwise your toon is getting a good cardio workout by having to run the Cyrodiil marathon.
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    As has been reported before, the algorithm used to determine whether a player is still in combat isn't just bad - it is flat out broken.

Not even going to comment on PVP, that seems to have been thoroughly discussed above, however as far as pve is concerned, this is absolutely uncalled for:
    https://youtu.be/liC4KJ782dY

After breaking combat with an enemy players are commonly stuck in a combat state and unable to mount for up to 3 minutes, with no nearby enemies to attack. Please fix this, you are wasting your users time and bringing down player satisfaction for a mechanic that doesn't do what it was intended to do in the first place, something has got to give here.