The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade Needs Buffs

• nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    yesssss zos view my post and buff nb.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    Like I have fought properly geared NBs sorcs dks and I’d say they are all about the same as when I left a year and a bit ago Stam blades and sorcs definitely don’t seem like they need buffs I think that’s just players who used to crutch on things

The proper gear to nb is spriggan/nma/bloodspawn/master bow. We currently play a cloak blade play style as the change to 7th legion makes us not able to really run dark cloak anymore which we could and was the meta a year ago. So honestly I don't know how you are drawing these conclusions as the gear/playstyle meta for our class is almost entirely different between now and a year ago. Sure anyone can run the gear that I run but the skill level required to just kill anyone versus the skill level required to survive all our damage is more drastic than it has ever been or at least that I have witnessed since the start of this mmo.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    Like I have fought properly geared NBs sorcs dks and I’d say they are all about the same as when I left a year and a bit ago Stam blades and sorcs definitely don’t seem like they need buffs I think that’s just players who used to crutch on things

The proper gear to nb is spriggan/nma/bloodspawn/master bow. We currently play a cloak blade play style as the change to 7th legion makes us not able to really run dark cloak anymore which we could and was the meta a year ago. So honestly I don't know how you are drawing these conclusions as the gear/playstyle meta for our class is almost entirely different between now and a year ago. Sure anyone can run the gear that I run but the skill level required to just kill anyone versus the skill level required to survive all our damage is more drastic than it has ever been or at least that I have witnessed since the start of this mmo.

Nope none of the solo pvper I seen really use cloak just like way back they might have it to escape but they still have the damage Incap silences and that’s a bit crap but I mean they still are lethal as when I left.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Ganking or bombing is all I see mBlade doing nowadays.

Honestly what would you expect a sneaky, high single target burst damage class to do? AFAIK sneaky high single target burst damage was a definition of NB. :)

Oh and btw GANK stands for GANg Kill, i.e. you are jumped by a group. IDK why is everybody thinking it is an solo ambush.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »

Honestly what would you expect a sneaky, high single target burst damage class to do? AFAIK sneaky high single target burst damage was a definition of NB. :)

Oh and btw GANK stands for GANg Kill, i.e. you are jumped by a group. IDK why is everybody thinking it is an solo ambush.

Tbh what people call ganking is just zerging.
    But eso ’ganking’ is basically just snipers these days.
    Zos has nerfed all gank styles.
    Onslaught is useless
    Proc sets are dead
    And snipe is a horrible skill.
    I think nb should play like it used to.

This is the nb I remember, and what it should be
    https://youtu.be/I1K_gH4CAUQ
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tank meta needs to be addressed rather than handing out buffs.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I was in sewers 2 nights ago with imperial physique, impregnable, and pirate skeleton on my stamden. Super tanky, like 40k HP and Stam 30k resistances, 5k crit resist. There was a magblade down there that was out playing the hell out of me. As soon as other people showed up I bailed. I don't think he was OP, just really familiar with his class. I would say the same about stamblades but typically (from my experience) they spend more time in stealth then fighting. So it's hard to gauge the skill level of most stamblades.

Exactly my point. Magblades dont really even need cloak right now. Theyre very very strong with tankyness/good healing/high pressure/decent burst if built/played correctly and honestly from the play style I have witnessed dont take an absurd amount of skill though I have not played one myself. Stamblade however is like in a worse spot than it has ever been right now. Like we can't even run dark cloak builds anymore. It is rough to be a stamblade.

Yeah...that's not true at all.

I've only been playing ESO for a little over 10 months now, but the whole time has been spent playing nightblades so I do know the class fairly well. (I'm CP 930 — not super high, but it's a good amount for someone to get on just one class in that timeframe.) In the beginning I was exclusively stam, then for a while I played a mixture of the two, and now I am exclusively mag.

Having actually played both classes, I can unequivocally state that stamblades are in a stronger place right now for PVP than their magicka counterparts — however both are relatively weak. (Stam isn't as fun to me though, so I choose mag.)

You should try actually playing the class before hopping on here and making ignorant posts like this one (where you actually just admitted that you have no clue what you're talking about.)
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    nightblade and sorc are suppose to be top dog in Damage.
    and right now we aren't.
    but if you buff us, we will just get nerfed Hard and Strong.

Who said that nb and sorc are suppose to be top dog in damage?
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    nightblade and sorc are suppose to be top dog in Damage.
    and right now we aren't.
    but if you buff us, we will just get nerfed Hard and Strong.
    Who said that nb and sorc are suppose to be top dog in damage?
    I think what he meant was top dog in single target burst damage. That's pretty much how the rogue/assassin classes usually always are in my experience: high/precise/quick single target burst damage, lower sustained damage, and extremely low resistances/defense/healing. We definitely have the second two, but we are sorely lacking in the first right now.

Basically, NBs should have the ability to take down any target, (except for a true tank) but die extremely quickly if they get caught up. Currently only the latter is true.
    Edited by Langeston on January 19, 2020 2:06PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Where did you get that from? Ganking has nothing to do with a gang kill.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The tank meta was reinforced further by adding cast times on a large majority of skills (such as incap/soul harvest) + nerfing them in addition.

Removing cast times and reintroduce some of the old features nightblade had would go along way yo make nightblade good again.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Where did you get that from? Ganking has nothing to do with a gang kill.

This word first appeared in Anarchy online, a game I played some 19 years ago. :) So you are wrong. As I said before, it means gang kill.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭

Exactly the opposite. Nerfing makes players mad and dissapointed. If anyone wants to "balance" PvP which is a pretty hard task, and in my opinion impossible in a typical MMORPG, I would advice to do it via counterbuffing. Because people in general react very much to a loss, a loss affects us more than an absence of a gain.

You know people calling for a nerf in fact mean "I have been thrashed by this class, avenge me (or I quit)". This is stupid and very sad indeed that devs can be blackmailed this way.

First of all, there should be some good concept of a class and PvP in general. There are two apporachs. One is rock - scissors - paper, other is all are equal. The first one really excludes 1v1 for obvious reasons, so lets assume ZOS wants to go the other way.

Then, the class role. If NB still has the role of a sneaky high single target assassin, well then it is obvious the class will be hated with passion because a one shot kill is a definition of grief playing.

So what are ZOS' plans for NB class, be it PvP or not? This is the major question and until it is addressed we cannot move on. We can criticise the devs for deviating from their goal, not for making some class good at something we hate.
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely stamblade doesn't need a buff at all.
    I don't see why people complain of its damage being low, it happens way frequently I get killed by stamblades and in my death recap there is always a 9k or more assassin's scourge plus a 9k or more executioner, and that is without the penetration of onslaught. I run a decent build with fine resistances, and this damage doesn't feel that bad to me, plus the ability to permadodge and cloak are just the best defensive skills in the game.
    Magblade instead to do something has to run a cheesy set like zaan and definitely needs help in that regard.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    I don't see why people complain of its damage being low, it happens way frequently I get killed by stamblades and in my death recap there is always a 9k or more assassin's scourge plus a 9k or more executioner, and that is without the penetration of onslaught. I run a decent build with fine resistances, and this damage doesn't feel that bad to me, plus the ability to permadodge and cloak are just the best defensive skills in the game.
    Magblade instead to do something has to run a cheesy set like zaan and definitely needs help in that regard.

Do you play nb?
    If not then just like the op, reserve your opinion until you have actually played it.
    The fact that one nb skill hits for 9k means nothing.
    I’ve had 10k leaps, 8k frags and 12k onslaughts.
    A single skill doesn’t mean that a class is fine.
    Nb has absolutely no viable burst combo.
    Today I discovered that a player can dodge a la - killers blade from a stun.
    Of course our entire burst takes ages to build up and is highly avoidable.
    And every skill that we have to slot other classes have skills that do twice as much for half the effort.
    Our stun just fears.
    Sorcs stun teleports them.
    Templar stun is a gapcloser
    Dk stun has a immobilise as well as take flight

Play nb and you may have a different opinion.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly the opposite. Nerfing makes players mad and dissapointed. If anyone wants to "balance" PvP which is a pretty hard task, and in my opinion impossible in a typical MMORPG, I would advice to do it via counterbuffing. Because people in general react very much to a loss, a loss affects us more than an absence of a gain.

You know people calling for a nerf in fact mean "I have been thrashed by this class, avenge me (or I quit)". This is stupid and very sad indeed that devs can be blackmailed this way.

First of all, there should be some good concept of a class and PvP in general. There are two apporachs. One is rock - scissors - paper, other is all are equal. The first one really excludes 1v1 for obvious reasons, so lets assume ZOS wants to go the other way.

Then, the class role. If NB still has the role of a sneaky high single target assassin, well then it is obvious the class will be hated with passion because a one shot kill is a definition of grief playing.

So what are ZOS' plans for NB class, be it PvP or not? This is the major question and until it is addressed we cannot move on. We can criticise the devs for deviating from their goal, not for making some class good at something we hate.

Save your lecture, I've been gaming since 99.

I never suggested a Nerf, I said address the tank meta.

Do you play nb?
    If not then just like the op, reserve your opinion until you have actually played it.
    And every skill that we have to slot other classes have skills that do twice as much for half the effort.
    Our stun just fears.

I mained NB for four years, the tank meta is due to the damage ceiling being stupidly high.

It's a time creep, you get a buff then when they finally get to the point where they get a grasp on the tank meta and you're back to an insane damage meta.

Most of you aren't grasping the underlying issue. It's not the classes, it's the math.

This game lacks tertiary stats to breakdown everything.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭

Oh well the merry old times of UO when you lost everything when killed and PKs loaded with KVF scroslls were roaming everywhere. And the merry old times of BaK, EOB, and ES: Arena.
    So what. With all due respect to both you and me, I believe the amount of time we wasted playing (MMO) games does not makes us wiser.

So rather tell me what's wrong with my, well, "lecture", as you say (idk why) than getting personal.

I just claim nerfing is a bad solution as it makes players angry. And it does.

I also claim that you cannot address or fix anything until you have a clean idea what do you want to accomplish. And the recent changes in NB class does not looks like ZOS has any vision for NB. I cannot see how this is a wrong opinion either.

About the tanking meta, since we are talking NB and NB should be the master assassin, the proper way should be to give (back) NB a class skill good against heavy armored targets.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vyvrhel, what class skill did NBs have that worked well against heavy armor? (And what did it do?)

I keep hearing about all of these things that NBs used to be capable of, (before I started playing) and it's getting to be really disheartening how pathetic they've become.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    @Vyvrhel, what class skill did NBs have that worked well against heavy armor? (And what did it do?)

I keep hearing about all of these things that NBs used to be capable of, (before I started playing) and it's getting to be really disheartening how pathetic they've become.

I am in the game for some year or so, so I obviously don't know what changes were done to NB before This is why I wrote it the way I did. However I can remove that "(back)" if you like.

With this aside, let's discuss what really matters: don't you think that a master assassin should have a class skill which would, when cast from sneak, for example, ignore armor or any other form of passive protection?
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am in the game for some year or so, so I obviously don't know what changes were done to NB before This is why I wrote it the way I did. However I can remove that "(back)" if you like.

With this aside, let's discuss what really matters: don't you think that a master assassin should have a class skill which would, when cast from sneak, for example, ignore armor or any other form of passive protection?

For sure. It'd be amazing. It'll never happen though, because as much as everyone pretends to dislike the "tank meta," they dislike dying even more. My understanding is that any skills/abilities/sets that actually work against high resistance builds inevitably get nerfed due to the fact that they actually do what they're supposed to do, and everyone complains. (Shieldbreaker & Oblivion Damage, for instance.)

I wasn't criticizing you for saying what you said by the way, I have only been playing for 10 months myself. I just thought you were talking about a specific skill & I wanted to hear more about it. (Even though hearing about how great NBs used to be is really frustrating for me, seeing as I seem to have missed all the fun.)
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    Cast times are number one issue on Nb right now, cast on incap then travel on bow are priority f ups.

Fear being nerfed n gutted to the point of it being worse than the fighter guild fear.... Who wants to fear 6 targets unless you decide to use this in a bomber build, needs its functions back as currently it sucks.

No stun on cap, no defile, no fracture, no min berserk on focus, loss of HoT from rally, vigour aoe heal support nerfed then given to rapid Regen with passives/range, no snare on fear, shade nerfed from 36/42m with alliance passives active now a flat 22m; distance of any gap closer or root/stun, ambush stun nerf even though in Maelstrom Arena the adds still stun with ambush (???), nerfs to poison injection over the last patches (where's our 250% execute damage the skills Primary Function before nerf.).

These nerfs n changes directly affect Sblades, some affect Mblade too.
    Stamblade Main.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hvy armor is the real problem here. Just too much damage to be able to survive just about anything in pvp. It is also mainly stamina problem because stamina is just so op. You can block, brake, dodge, hit, heal and do ANYTHING in the game. You surely cannot do all those with magicka.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh well the merry old times of UO when you lost everything when killed and PKs loaded with KVF scroslls were roaming everywhere. And the merry old times of BaK, EOB, and ES: Arena.
    So what. With all due respect to both you and me, I believe the amount of time we wasted playing (MMO) games does not makes us wiser.

So rather tell me what's wrong with my, well, "lecture", as you say (idk why) than getting personal.

I also claim that you cannot address or fix anything until you have a clean idea what do you want to accomplish. And the recent changes in NB class does not looks like ZOS has any vision for NB. I cannot see how this is a wrong opinion either.

About the tanking meta, since we are talking NB and NB should be the master assassin, the proper way should be to give (back) NB a class skill good against heavy armored targets.

I have a very clear idea of what ZOS needs to do, break down overloaded formulas and add more stats. I'll post that later today, I also didn't take you personally; I'm unapologeticly blunt and to the point.

There's a lot of inexperienced players on these forums thinking they understand the issues when they dont. I'm not one of them.

This isn't a class issue, it's a design issue. I'll post after I'm finished working today.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you play nb?
    Our stun just fears.

I have to say i agree. 10k leap from heavy armor tank is just too much. 8k frags from shieldstacking teleport stunner who can heal and make magic to stamina is just not balanced.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope none of the solo pvper I seen really use cloak just like way back they might have it to escape but they still have the damage Incap silences and that’s a bit crap but I mean they still are lethal as when I left.

By cloak I mean shadowy disguise morph as opposed to dark cloak.

Incap silence is the worst cc in the entire game. The best players if you look at any of those build videos they would recommend either using a different ultimate or not using it past the ultimate cutoff that gives it the silence. You are honestly better off using dawnbreaker or onslaught.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

nightblade also needs dark cloak buffed. like we do not exist in bg pvp because we cannot play dark cloak as it is bad. Zos nerfed 7th legion because one of their dumb staff watches thogard's stream who made a busted stamblade with it and now dark cloak blade doesnt exist at all. they are so negligent. it honestly makes me miss wrobel.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not heavy armor. You can still get the same resistances and wep damage in medium armor. It's just some of the classes have broken healing right now with the nord passive and black rose set bonuses make them ridiculous. In particular stamdk and stamcro. Once this gets nerfed we will be less underpowered (thanks to how zos nerfed the heck out of our rotation and cc and gave even more powerful abilities than were ever qq'd about nightblade to other classes) though I still think dark cloak needs a buff at least. The fact that every class can participate in bgs except for nightblade since theyre forced to rely on shadowy disguise is kind of bogus.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭

nightblade also needs dark cloak buffed. like we do not exist in bg pvp because we cannot play dark cloak as it is bad. Zos nerfed 7th legion because one of their dumb staff watches thogard's stream who made a busted stamblade with it and now dark cloak blade doesnt exist at all. they are so negligent. it honestly makes me miss wrobel.

I miss the old 7th legion and ofc also Veiled heritance. :(