The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Origins of Delve Quests

Caroloces
Caroloces
✭✭✭✭✭
I recall in the early days of this game that when you did a delve in one of the zones, the quest for the delve would either be within the delve itself or given by an NPC that would be right outside the delve. I'm not sure when this changed (maybe Orsinium?), but I kind of miss this personal aspect of the delves, and I'm not sure I like the repetitive tasks given by some remote character on a daily basis. Anyway, my questions are these: Do all delves in Tamriel have quests associated with them? And, do all delves in the DLCs and Chapters now have the remote quest giver who parcels them out on a daily basis, or are there still some delves in the newer content that have quests within or in the immediate environment of the delve itself?
Thanks for any help on this!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot speak in absolute terms for 100% of delve quests but I have noticed the quest givers being close to the entrance or inside the delve from Orsinium all the way to the chapter and DLC we received this year. So it does not seem to have changed.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's often a quest for the delve itself given near or inside the delve itself, plus a daily delve quest handed out by a more remote quest giver. The base game delve dailies are given out by the Undaunted.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of the Vardenfell dailies when both world bosses and delve quests were given in the Halls of Justice. I'm going to go into the Northern Elsweyr delves for the first time, so I'll see how this goes.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some delves do not have quests.