The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cooldown on res?

zDan
zDan
✭✭✭✭
This clip perfectly sums up about 80% of the population in cyrodiil xD
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/zdan/video/84835499
Simply high health healers and tanks that are terrified to die and as soon as one person from their group drops they all swarm to res them back up and kill you with numbers.
There's probably been multiple posts about battle res but has anything been said on it from ZOS?
zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would just hurt the people outnumbered more, sure there will be scenarios where it benefits you but in most cases it’ll just hurt you. Plus, it’s nothing that’s going to stop those players from going into turtle mode until they get the res. Those types of players always adapt.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would just hurt the people outnumbered more, sure there will be scenarios where it benefits you but in most cases it’ll just hurt you. Plus, it’s nothing that’s going to stop those players from going into turtle mode until they get the res. Those types of players always adapt.

I mean I only play solo so it wont hurt me personally lol but im sure most small groups or duos just throw up camps anyway
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I encountered a group like this with my buddy the other night. There was one 35k health warden actually spamming rezes. We managed to drop 3 of the 7 people in the group but I couldn’t help my friend kill the other 3 that were still alive since this guy was literally popping artic wind, crystallize shield, and then Rez spamming. I kid you not he tried rezzing 30 times and eventually succeeded.

Something needs to be done. After you attempt rezzing Someone there should be a penalty to yourself. Some sort of debuff that makes battlerezzing an actual risk
    Edited by RighteousBacon on January 9, 2020 1:27PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I encountered a group like this with my buddy the other night. There was one 35k health warden actually spamming rezes. We managed to drop 3 of the 7 people in the group but I couldn’t help my friend kill the other 3 that were still alive since this guy was literally popping artic wind, crystallize shield, and then Rez spamming. I kid you not he tried rezzing 30 times and eventually succeeded.

Something needs to be done. After you attempt rezzing Someone there should be a penalty to yourself. Some sort of debuff that makes battlerezzing an actual risk

They should make resurrection (and meditate) always interruptable, no matter of cc-immunity. And apply major vulnerability for 3 seconds after interruption of this abilities. They should be high risk high reward and not "look i can't kill anybody, but you can't kill me fast enough too".
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    TrollFace.jpg
    zDan wrote: »
    I mean I only play solo

seems like people ITT want res to be nerfed to the point where their 1vX fantasies are more fulfilling

I wouldn't mind the introduction of a skill that temporarily plagues corpses so they take 50% longer to res and nothing else just so
    1) people stop complaining
    2) people waste a slot with this ability
    cleansable ofc.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like that people play this way.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Until they fix cyrodiil lag people will continue to exploit it. When you’re against 60+ your skills stop working so people are faction stacking.

It’s the number 1 issue in cyrodiil right now. Those people will go down once the game’s fixed easily enough, but performance is making it impossible.

Rezing isn’t that much of an issue tbh.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 10, 2020 1:29AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Until they fix cyrodiil lag people will continue to exploit it. When you’re against 60+ your skills stop working so people are faction stacking.

It’s the number 1 issue in cyrodiil right now. Those people will go down once the game’s fixed easily enough, but performance is making it impossible.

Rezing isn’t that much of an issue tbh.

Ressing isn't much of an issue? That entire clip those guys weren't even fighting half the time, just standing and ressing. When people spend half their time spamming ressing while PvPing theres clearly an issue with it.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those players in favor of a cooldown ... is the Necro Reanimate Ultimate an issue for you too?
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find ressing exceeds even packing up siege as likeliest activity to result in my death. Still do it, but I think the limit to resses lies in strategy, not a cooldown. If they're ressing each other, your group isn't focusing on interrupting them. It takes a long time for that circle to fill, during which the resser is pretty vulnerable.
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭

They should make resurrection (and meditate) always interruptable, no matter of cc-immunity. And apply major vulnerability for 3 seconds after interruption of this abilities. They should be high risk high reward and not "look i can't kill anybody, but you can't kill me fast enough too".

You can still interrupt a res even when they have cc immunity, but I think after someone has been interrupted 2 or 3 times they should be punished for it
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    heavier wrote: »
    TrollFace.jpg
    I mean I only play solo

seems like people ITT want res to be nerfed to the point where their 1vX fantasies are more fulfilling

I wouldn't mind the introduction of a skill that temporarily plagues corpses so they take 50% longer to res and nothing else just so
    1) people stop complaining
    2) people waste a slot with this ability
    cleansable ofc.

There's nothing more I like than a challenge when it comes to 1vX, but when you are forced to waste your stam over and over again to keep someone from ressing then there's a problem. There needs to be something put in place to punish people who have been constantly interrupted
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked for this a long time ago.

Be prepared for the zerglings to swarm this thread.

Its stupid how much effort, resources and time you can take to kill someone in pvp and their group just revives them. The 'counter' it too repeatedly waste resources and global cool downs interrupting it. Yet literally nothing happens to the reviver, just break free and go right back too it.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are outnumbered and one of you goes down you don't get a chance to revive them. Theres no standing for the 6s reviving without consquence when being zerged.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭

Be prepared for the zerglings to swarm this thread.

Oh don't worry, it happens many of times on here I'm used to it XD
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are outnumbered and one of you goes down you don't get a chance to revive them. Theres no standing for the 6s reviving without consquence when being zerged.

I’ve revived people plenty of times when having multiple people chase me around.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean I only play solo so it wont hurt me personally lol but im sure most small groups or duos just throw up camps anyway

Whenever I play I’m usually by myself, I’m one of those people at off keeps and outposts trying to solo defend it. Still wouldn’t want a rez timer, I do get in 2mans and on rare occasions 1-4 mans.

I’d rather them implement a debuff that doubles the incoming damage of the person reviving.

Edited by BaiterOfZergs on January 10, 2020 2:56PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve always found someone rezing people to be one of the juiciest targets. That ball group Drac does this really well, they keep going back to the scene of the crime and wipe rezers.

If someone’s just getting their feet wet in pvp or maybe they’re a bit older so lack the twitch in pvp to do well it’s a good way for them to contribute. With that being said I can see how if you’re not a NB it would be annoying if you’re 1vX.

I mean, if you acknowledge that the person you’re fighting is a great player and you’re not going to be able to take them out, it’s probably the pvp spec that makes the most sense.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 10, 2020 3:12PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imo I don't really mind if people want to spam res but there should at least be some penalty for being interrupted not just free cc immunity.

I've suggested before many times a charge system e.g. everyone has 2 charges. They refresh every 30s. Attempting to res someone uses a charge whether interrupted or not. Players who are revived start with 0 charges.

You could imagine then gear sets which augment this charge system e.g faster recharge time, Greater number of charges for those who want to specifically play this way.

Additionally I'd really like there to be a res sickness. E.G. a stacking 2-3m debuff
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of resurrection sickness debuff that increases damage taken or some kind of resource debuff.

For groups like that I like using meat bag catapult for the major defile value. Most players will break away from a ress if they’re standing in the AoE. The ones that don’t risk getting stunned in the AoE and punished further.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on January 10, 2020 6:52PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Simply high health healers and tanks that are terrified to die and as soon as one person from their group drops they all swarm to res them back up and kill you with numbers.
    There's probably been multiple posts about battle res but has anything been said on it from ZOS?

No.

I paid for the game to play it, not to see the game as espectator every time I die.

If coordination is an offender for you, I suggest you to try single player games as Skyrim or Witcher III

Now, if you want to avoid mass ressing, just limit the amount of soul gems carried from 100 to 10~20
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

No.

I paid for the game to play it, not to see the game as espectator every time I die.

If coordination is an offender for you, I suggest you to try single player games as Skyrim or Witcher III

Now, if you want to avoid mass ressing, just limit the amount of soul gems carried from 100 to 10~20

I paid for the game to have fun fights, not bash resses from healbots and tanks every 5 seconds.

It hardly takes much coordination for 5+ people to swarm around a body gagging for a res
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No.

I paid for the game to have fun fights, not bash resses from healbots and tanks every 5 seconds.

It hardly takes much coordination for 5+ people to swarm around a body gagging for a res

That's what the game allows you to do.

Imagine this, limiting ress and an enemy NB around targetting recently ressed guys... fair?

Imho limitiong the amount of soul gems carried solves your problem much better than adding a stupid CD

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭

No.

Imagine this, limiting ress and an enemy NB around targetting recently ressed guys... fair?

Imho limitiong the amount of soul gems carried solves your problem much better than adding a stupid CD

Whether it be a cooldown, damage increase on ressers or even a soul gem cap. I just wish there was something implemented to avoid annoying healbots whose only job it is, is to res. Makes it super annoying when fighting outnumbered
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No.

Whether it be a cooldown, damage increase on ressers or even a soul gem cap. I just wish there was something implemented to avoid annoying healbots whose only job it is, is to res. Makes it super annoying when fighting outnumbered

When suggesting something try to avoid things that could *** off people more than what pisses them off right now. Fighting outnumbered with heal bots ressing is annoying, but ressing to die immediately without a chance to be ressed immediately is even worse.

In the end we should avoid horse simulator as much as possible.

Now the history lesson. When the game was launched, the area covered by forward camps was like 200 times the area right now. People complained about that for similar reason to what are you complaining now. As a solution, ZoS decided to delete FC. Then the defense of a keep became a pain in the ass and PvP was dubbed as "Horse Simulator". Gankblades rose prominently during that time, killing guys going from keep to keep and a lot of people left. The ZoS understood that FC were a necessary eveil to keep people playing, so they reintroduced them again, but with a limited area. It worked much better since FC must be deployed near the battle area.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the dramatic attempt OP makes suggesting they are terrified. I expect if they actually look at this thread they will just laugh.

Granted, they are not a great group is they are that challenged killing one persons in a 1vX but it is sad when someone wants the game nerfed to fit their playstyle. Maybe OP needs to find more suitable targets and learn to interrupt the rez instead of complaining.
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I like the dramatic attempt OP makes suggesting they are terrified. I expect if they actually look at this thread they will just laugh.

Granted, they are not a great group is they are that challenged killing one persons in a 1vX but it is sad when someone wants the game nerfed to fit their playstyle. Maybe OP needs to find more suitable targets and learn to interrupt the rez instead of complaining.

Did you see how many times I attempted to interrupt? I don't want to nerf the f out of ressing im just saying put in a small penalty for attempting to res over and over and not even fighting. The game has never been suited to 1vX so I don't expect any changes to fit my playstyle lol
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

That's what the game alldifferently.i .

It is super annoying when fighting outnumbered. That's as true for the 1 fighting X, a small group fighting a zerg, or a ball group fighting a faction stack. You kill people, move on to the next target, and then groan a little with the realization of "they're rezzing behind me/us".

I'm just not convinced that annoyance means it needs to change. Cyrodiil is primarily designed for large scale combat and groups of 2 to 24 players. Cyrodiil simply does not cater to players who fight outnumbered, whether that's 1vX, small scale vs large scale, or large group vs faction stack. Cyrodiil allows skilled players and organized groups to overcome much larger numbers through good tactics and teamwork...but those larger numbers have their own advantages. One of those is that they have a better chance of rezzing or setting up a rez camp when/where you or your outnumbered group can't immediately punish them for doing so.

I'm struggling with these requests because it strikes me as wanting to have one's cake and eat it too. "I want all the fun of fighting outnumbered AND less of the problems of fighting outnumbered, so ZOS if you could just restrict my opponents' ability to recover after I've killed some of their allies that would be great!" That's not how ZOS has balanced outnumbered fights in the past, and they've nerfed 1vX on multiple occasions.

And don't get me wrong - as someone who likes to play in an organized raid, making it harder for players to battle-rez would largely work in our favor. Rezzing would be harder, but organized raids will always adapt much as they have to every single other nerf. Most good raids are going to be better at protecting their rezzers, have more players with which to rez in the first place, and are better at killing than most of their smaller or larger but less organized opponents who now would have an even harder time recovering from the raid's attacks. Which is another reason I'm not sure that rez changes are needed. Do large organized groups really need ZOS to give them another relative advantage?
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a 5 - 10 sec cooldown would be fine.
    Especially because of those Templar’s that res in 2 secs
    Edited by ThePhantomThorn on January 11, 2020 11:56AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those players in favor of a cooldown ... is the Necro Reanimate Ultimate an issue for you too?

It have a cooldown on it's own. it's called ultimate cost.