The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[Contest] - Bushfire / Wildfire Appeal Australia - support and win

CantFixIr
CantFixIr
✭✭✭
I would like to organise this contest in order to help with the horrible, catastrophic events taking place in Australia now
c8u9495bkeg7.jpg

Decorate any ESO home on the topic of FIREFIGHTING.

Houses will be judged from the 22nd January 2020 at 11am Australian Eastern Daylight Time

As of now, I will be the judge and because of this, it is taking place on the EU PC server but if Zenimax or others want to support this, we could extend it to every server.

Only one entry per participant. Contest is void if fewer than 10 entries are submitted.

Send me mail in game at @CantFixIt and let me know which house to visit or let me know by responding here in this thread.

PRIZES

1st prize: 2.5M gold + I will donate AU$100 to https://www.wildlifevictoria.org.au/donate/donate-to-wildlife-victoria

2nd prize: 1.5M gold + I will donate AU$50 to https://www.redcross.org.au/campaigns/disaster-relief-and-recovery-donate

3rd prize: 870,000 gold + I will donate AU$20 to https://www.wires.org.au/donate/emergency-fund

4th prize 450,000 gold

Random prizes 2 times 400,000 gold will be donated to two players who took part, selected randomly among those who don't win.

Please use this opportunity to raise awareness and consider also donating to the links I gave above.

Thank you. Special thanks to the Zenimax moderation team for keeping this thread respectful. Super special thanks to: cassieke the manager of Crown Network who generously donated one million gold to add to the prize rewards! So did EllieBlue on behalf of Nirn Traders, @khemael from France and Liria_C for The Adventurers League! You rock! Thank you so much to all the guildmasters who are already promoting this and to all of you who have decided to donate to the charities suggested above!

Edited by CantFixIr on January 19, 2020 10:47AM
Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    What a wonderful thing to do! I usually don't do competitions, but for this i gladly sign up. I also would like to extend my sympathy to all Australian people here.
    This one likes to play.....
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! If guildmasters or active guildies of all guilds could also mention it in their discord for example, it would be great!
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for doing this contest and raising awareness of this important subject! <3
    Traders of the Covenant will participate in the campaign and the contest!
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • Kinmont
    Kinmont
    ✭✭
    Hey there

I've let Mother of Storms folk know as well as other social discord groups and I am sure you'll get some decent entries from our mutual trading guild.
    Ner slayn wyth þe slete he sleped in his yrnes / Mo nyʒtez þen innoghe in naked rokkez

Mother of Storms - EP PvP - always For the Pact

• Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i'll share this post with my Guild, great idea :)
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have removed a few comments that were non-constructive as they don't pertain to the content within ESO.

Please remember to keep comments civil and review our rules here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all! And thank you so much @ZOS_TrishM ! Much appreciated!!

I've got more great news for the contest: cassieke the manager of the Crown Network is adding one million gold to the mix of prizes!! I will sort out a little later today where the extra money will go as far as the prizes are concerned. Thank you!!
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Another player contacted me, willing to add both gold and donations in order to make the prizes even more attractive!
    I will update the Opening Post to reflect this early next week.

There will most likely also be a prize given to anyone who took part, picked randomly!

I have been getting a fair bit of mail from people supporting this, thanks all!!
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie from the awesome EU PC guild called Nirn Traders is adding one million gold prize money!
    Nirn Traders is a great guild, with a trader in Mournhold! Check them out!

I am editing the OP now to reflect this.

Will ZENIMAX follow suit? Are they going to donate? Are they going to officially promote it?

• CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic! I have now received the first official entry and this contest continues to grow and receive more support and donations. Thank you so much.

- The Adventurers League guild is donating one million gold to add to the prizes.

The player @khemael from France is donating one million gold to add to the prizes and 200 or 300 euros to the charities.

I will now edit the Opening Post in order to reflect this.

Thanks again to all the guildmasters who are promoting this amongst their peers!
  • Dzafer
    Dzafer
    (@khemael here)
    "200 or 300euros".

For the sake of simplicity , i'm adding an AU$ 300. @CantFixIr , is there anyhow a meaning in the repartition you followed regarding donations ? Better to be balanced or followed you pattern ? (one another may not have the same needs and means so that's why my question)
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for doing this <3<3<3
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you :)

Dzafer, it's awesome to hear!

Regarding the way I spread prize gold, I wanted the first two prizes to be very attractive and then I wanted anyone who takes part to have a chance of being rewarded.
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    One week to go! =)
    Please feel free to respond here as well should you have any questions at all.
    I have received a few messages in game but I think that it's also easy to post here if you can!
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    This is amazing! I hope @ZOS_GinaBruno sees this!
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Prizes are getting enormous! Tell your mates :D
    Edited by CantFixIr on January 18, 2020 11:37PM
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Not so many entries so far (4!) so if you are on the fence, go for it, you are likely to get a prize huh ;)

And please do consider supporting one of the charities mentioned in the Opening Post.
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much Noctis2 for your generous donation of 1mil gold! I have updated the prizes accordingly!
    Wow, they are now massive!

UPDATE - We currently have 9 participants. The contest will officially go ahead as soon as we reach 10 participants.

Contact me here or on discord or ingame.

And please do consider donating to one of the charities in mentioned in the Opening Post. We need your help. <3
    Edited by CantFixIr on January 19, 2020 12:02AM
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have now visited all 10 houses which have already been submitted. Some of them aren't 100% finished yet as the deadline is 22 Jan Australian Time so I will be sure to re-visit.What's more, I know of at least one player who is yet to submit their entry.
    Some great pieces and there is still plenty of room for more! ;)

Think of how massive the prizes have become :open_mouth:
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    24 hours left to enter!

We have 11 entries so far :)
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Due to all the ridiculous maintenance delays, I will happily accept late entries provided they are not days late :)
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    I'm entering @CantFixIr. The house you can visit is on PC-EU and it's called Hunters Glade. My @name is @playfull_kitten. Hopefully i'm still on time!
    This one likes to play.....
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, definitely still on time. I'll be accepting all entries for the next 8 hours or so. :)
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go:
    @Ithilis participating with Cyrodilic jungle house, server PC EU :)
    Description:
    Were it not for the icy conjurer to repel the flames, who knows how many would have perished.
    Edited by Ithilis on January 21, 2020 10:25PM
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    RESULTS - Part I - List of participants

Black_Arrows

PALIMPSESTE

Liria_C

Noctis2

Silly2202

Mizael1644

Kinmont17

Doree89

Raynos

Erinia

Balastar

LordFluffy

playfull_kitten

Ithilis

Nelira

Cyrinaty

I have now visited every single house more than once, I took screenshots, but we have to wait as I have not been able to enter playfull_kitten's house as I did not have permission.
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    And now for the PRIZES!

The first 400k prize goes to Kinmont17!
    Kinmont decorated a house with a whole story behind it based on having to live with bushfire every year. No screenshot, sorry! :)
    Edited by CantFixIr on January 22, 2020 8:39AM
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    The second 400k prize went to Nelira!

Nelira portrayed a great firefighting scene which even had a proper tent for fire refugees.

8ekc9k1xe8ah.png

k1nketqzfbtn.png
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    4th prize of 450k is going to...

playfull_kitten

It was altogether well designed, with a truck and a helicopter as well as firefighters - I particularly liked the use of the rope as their hose. Well done!

uoqvhlebnwh3.png

ckop5039cjgj.png

• CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    In most cases, it is extremely hard to do these houses justice with mere screenshots so do keep this in mind.
    You may want to contact some of the winners and politely check if they'd let you tour their masterpiece.

Before I announce the top 3, I would once again like to sincerely thank EVERYONE WHO DONATED $ to one of the charities mentioned in the Opening Post. Thank you.

I would also like to express my kind gratitude to everyone who entered and to everyone who donated gold or helped promote this event. Balastar from Traders of the Convenant was exceptional and a superstar. Ellie from Nirn Traders to whom I wish all the very best. Cassieke from Crown Network and khemael also! And indeed Liria_C from The Adventurers League, as well as Noctis2. You all rock!