The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 304: already logged in question...

Ei8htba11
Ei8htba11
✭✭✭✭
How long does it usually last?

Game hiccuped then dropped me, been about half hour/40 mins. I'd have thought the server would have noticed I was inactive and logged me out by now.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Logging into the other server often fixes it.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same problem here, server changes didnt help
    Edited by DarkPicture on January 7, 2020 6:54PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried turning off then back on again?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Protoavis73
    Protoavis73
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, was playing earlier and have normally ended the game around 45 mins ago.
    Now can't get in.
  • Bagatur
    Bagatur
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, already an hour getting error 304. I got just thrown to login screen, while looking at characters inventory.
    Submitted ticket.
    Edited by Bagatur on January 7, 2020 7:17PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If on PC,

1) Try logging out and back in.
    2)bring up task manager and shut down all ESO related PROCESSES( not programs) including steam.
    3) reboot your PC and/or router.
    4) try logging in from a difference pc if possible.
  • provkinse
    provkinse
    ✭✭
    I don't know why but i'm still in Darkshade Caverns 1 and i can't log out for no reason.
    id @sergey.provkin
    1d8e59978e5d.jpg
    8bcf2d869e05.png
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Account already logged in" was not infrequent in the past, but usually only during prime time, and all it took was one failed attempt to log in for it to go away. Last week I tried to get my last tickets before the EU server was taken down for maintenance and got 4 or 5 "account already logged in" messages in a row. I eventually managed to get in the game and get my tickets. Haven't been on since, so I can't tell if it's still happening for me, but this experience last week doesn't bode well.
  • Ei8htba11
    Ei8htba11
    ✭✭✭✭
    If on PC,

1) Try logging out and back in.
    2)bring up task manager and shut down all ESO related PROCESSES( not programs) including steam.
    3) reboot your PC and/or router.
    4) try logging in from a difference pc if possible.

Tried all those except another PC. Went out for a while, came back... still logged in apparently (continuous Error 304).
  • provkinse
    provkinse
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    "Account already logged in" was not infrequent in the past, but usually only during prime time, and all it took was one failed attempt to log in for it to go away. Last week I tried to get my last tickets before the EU server was taken down for maintenance and got 4 or 5 "account already logged in" messages in a row. I eventually managed to get in the game and get my tickets. Haven't been on since, so I can't tell if it's still happening for me, but this experience last week doesn't bode well.

It lasts already more then 2 hours. Made ticket
  • Bagatur
    Bagatur
    ✭✭✭
    I can login and play on NA server within the same instance which gives me error 304 on EU. I can login with same instance again to my other account. So definitely not on my side.

Still can't login, btw, no answer to the ticket as well.
  • Protoavis73
    Protoavis73
    ✭✭✭
    Also lasts now for over 2 hours, can login to NA. My computer was shutdown in those 2 hours.
    Will make a ticket as well. Never had the issue before.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 bloody years and you think it would get better...
  • provkinse
    provkinse
    ✭✭
    Bagatur wrote: »
    I can login and play on NA server within the same instance which gives me error 304 on EU. I can login with same instance again to my other account. So definitely not on my side.

Still can't login, btw, no answer to the ticket as well.

I think we need hard reset server or just stucked players. ZOS have to investigate these issues.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make a second account (It's free - just don't buy the game)

Now try to log in to the original account

:#
  • markwillow
    markwillow
    Soul Shriven
    provkinse wrote: »

No, not really. What a kick in the face.

Will sort it out tomorrow. What a joke.

Thanks for your understanding, no you mean thanks for the money for nothing.

This is an absolute disgrace.
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    markwillow wrote: »

Sometimes the issue takes more time than 30 minutes or requires some coordination behind the scenes to fix.
    For all you know this fix requires extra engineers on site and they had to wait until they could throw enough bodies at the problem. It's also entirely possible that its something that requires manhours to fix before the engineers can even start.

Hell for all you know that simple post of Ginas should be read: Two guys get to stay up for 20 hrs straight so the engineers can fix a problem tomorrow.
  • provkinse
    provkinse
    ✭✭
    markwillow wrote: »

That's the reason why i cancel membership. I don't like such again event bugs...
    But i understand that game is very difficult and you can't fix everything.
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you guys log out in Alik'r Desert.

If you check this thread think it may be your issue.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/507252/alikr-desert-issues-possible-cause-for-error-104#latest
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting it too. On NA, didn't log out in Alik'r. Has been happening since maintenance on Monday. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Ei8htba11
    Ei8htba11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyralbin wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/507252/alikr-desert-issues-possible-cause-for-error-104#latest

No, I was in Old Orsinium in the middle of combat. Framerate tanked, and when mine came back, the mobs were frozen. I could walk around them, take a swing, no abilities would fire however. Then the game booted me to the log in screen and Hello 304
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My experience is that 304 is another random User-blaming server message

Just like “are you really connected to the internet” message, it was written by butt-covering developers to make players believe that something they have done has caused the issue.

I’ve found that repeatedly trying to log in has always solved this ‘problem’

The fact is that until 6 months ago I had never seen this message, now I see it way too regularly.
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ei8htba11 wrote: »
    Tyralbin wrote: »

No, I was in Old Orsinium in the middle of combat. Framerate tanked, and when mine came back, the mobs were frozen. I could walk around them, take a swing, no abilities would fire however. Then the game booted me to the log in screen and Hello 304

Have you since managed to get back in the game?

There are people that have had the Error 304 since Mondays patch.

It is those people I am refering to.
    Edited by Tyralbin on January 8, 2020 11:04AM
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • koriander1
    koriander1
    Soul Shriven
    I was in my new Elsweyr house, 14 hours ago. The game window just disappeared suddenly.
    Trying to login always gave error 304.
    Now, after maintenance (2 hours) I can login and play again.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has happened several time to me on PC/NA over the last few months. It had never been an issue for me over the pervious years.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As posted here, there were some issues on the PC-EU server yesterday causing login and connection issues for some players. Maintenance has been completed today and these issues should now be resolved.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    The issue is still here. I can't connect while I was infâme 1 hour ago
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • Depoorter92
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    As posted here, there were some issues on the PC-EU server yesterday causing login and connection issues for some players. Maintenance has been completed today and these issues should now be resolved.

Jup, I couldn't log in but after the maintenance it worked again. And now, after 50 min after the start of the Undaunted event, I got logged out and can't get back in... AGAIN...
  • Dark_Wizard
    Dark_Wizard
    ✭✭
    Same bug. Disconnected after teleporting to dungeon and error 304.