Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I have a message for you

DLM
DLM
✭✭✭✭✭
Not.

So I have just finished the Aldmeri Dominion quest line, with the last quest in Reaper's March. After the ceremony I talked to everyone, including Raz who specified that the Queen had something to tell me and finally the said Queen who indeed had a message for me...

ayrennmessage.jpg

... except she has nothing else to say.

Is it because I am Covenant (I was doing Cadwell's Silver) or am I missing something?
Edited by DLM on January 1, 2020 6:56PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, its because you are Covenant.

Her message would start "Messages Across Tamriel" for a Dominion player, enabling them to head off to Stirk and eventually Coldharbor to stop the Planemeld and defeat Molag Bal. You've already done that, presumably, and if not, you'll get it from Vanus himself or your Covenant guys.

Confusingly, ZOS left that dialogue tag intact even for people doing their Cadwell's Silver/Gold.
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, thank you for the clarification. That makes sense now, I have indeed finished the Main quest line.
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭

Her message would start "Messages Across Tamriel" for a Dominion player, enabling them to head off to Stirk and eventually Coldharbor to stop the Planemeld and defeat Molag Bal. You've already done that, presumably, and if not, you'll get it from Vanus himself or your Covenant guys.

Confusingly, ZOS left that dialogue tag intact even for people doing their Cadwell's Silver/Gold.

I am Dominion, and I got the same thing.

I did Stirk already, though, so it makes sense, a little bit. I did the main story quest for Coldharbor as well. But at what point do the leaders of the Dominion leave Dune? LOL. They're all just standing there, and I will admit I'm more than a little annoyed that it was intended to be a prologue quest, otherwise I would have done it first as I play for the lore, not game mechanics.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpaceElf wrote: »

I did Stirk already, though, so it makes sense, a little bit. I did the main story quest for Coldharbor as well. But at what point do the leaders of the Dominion leave Dune? LOL. They're all just standing there, and I will admit I'm more than a little annoyed that it was intended to be a prologue quest, otherwise I would have done it first as I play for the lore, not game mechanics.

As I said, her comment is normally the quest starter for "Messages Across Tamriel." Since you've been to Stirk, you've already done that quest.

Pre-One Tamriel, you used to get Messages Across Tamriel either when you finished your faction quest or at level 45, which happened at approximately the same time due to the quest scaling.

Now, unfortunately Queen Ayrenn is left standing there like "There was something I was gonna tell you, but I can't remember what it is." I'd have to log back in and check, but I think she stays in Dune because people can find her there to pie her for the Jester's festival achievement.
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭

As I said, her comment is normally the quest starter for "Messages Across Tamriel." Since you've been to Stirk, you've already done that quest.

Pre-One Tamriel, you used to get Messages Across Tamriel either when you finished your faction quest or at level 45, which happened at approximately the same time due to the quest scaling.

Now, unfortunately Queen Ayrenn is left standing there like "There was something I was gonna tell you, but I can't remember what it is." I'd have to log back in and check, but I think she stays in Dune because people can find her there to pie her for the Jester's festival achievement.

Right, I know. I just wish that I knew at the time that prologue quests existed. In-game resources are not helpful in guiding a player unfamiliar with the lore or who wants to play in a storyline-sequential manner. It was pretty trippy to see Prince Naemon in Elder Root when I had already defeated his shade doing another quest. Sort of ruined the experience for me.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, I know. I just wish that I knew at the time that prologue quests existed. In-game resources are not helpful in guiding a player unfamiliar with the lore or who wants to play in a storyline-sequential manner. It was pretty trippy to see Prince Naemon in Elder Root when I had already defeated his shade doing another quest. Sort of ruined the experience for me.

Yep, the AD questline is so linear that it gets all sorts of weird when you go back to the earlier zones even just to hang out. I can't imagine what it must be like for anyone who plays Auridon, Grahtwood, and Greenshade out of order.

I really wish ZOS' zone guide had a extra guide for those questlines that span multiple zones just to help players who don't know the original base game zone order.