The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

so who is faster, bosmer or orsimer?

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
bosmer:
Gain 10% Movement Speed for 6s and a bonus to Physical and Spell Penetration of 1500 for the duration after using Roll Dodge.

orsimer:
Reduces the cost of Sprint by 12% and increases the Movement Speed bonus of Sprint by 10%

not taking into account the other racials what speed bonus is better, that is equals more tops speed. obviously the orc one is more straightforward but only works while actively sprinting, where as the wood elf passive works at every speed as long as a roll dodge was involved (I suppose that can be synergized with the bow roll to gain major exp buff)

I am personally leaning towards orc just because it is more straightforward with the cost reduction as well, so is more stam efficient, were the wood elf requires a roll dodge to take advantage of its speed buff thus "technically" applying a stam cost to the speedbuff that must be paid.

but taking into account just the speed, which to people prefer?
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wing

Without taking into account terrain, abilities, and build paths, the orc would be faster in a straight line test due to constant on demand speed. The bosmer loses alot due to the 1.5sec stuck in dodge roll not sprinting.

Now if you wanted to account for build, generally a bosmer would be in medium to take advantage of the rolling, which is a flawed offensive buff, but that is another argument all together. The 6 medium 1 heavy build would give alot of speed and maneuverability with the 6s snare immunity. Now the orc would generally build for heavy armor, 2 medium is generally the best setup for tankiness and speed, since for some reason the sprint bonus on medium armor does not care how many pieces you are wearing. So those two pieces still give you the bonus.

Now ability wise, there are a few things you can do to animation cancel the roll animation and still get the buff. For one, if you are on a stamsorc you can roll dodge during the streak/BoL animation and no animation will show. You also will not waste a gcd here being stuck in a roll animation. This would pair well with bow aswell, since you can also streak>roll>weaponSwap. The roll cancels the weapon swap, and the streak cancels the roll.
    ( I believe a few gap closers can also do this function, but I haven't used a gap closer in years. It used to work ages ago)

Now terrain wise, there are some instances where it is beneficial to roll down something like a staircase. With enough speed, you may find yourself running clean into the air down a staircase and be forced into a clunky landing animation. So on a bosmer you can make these instances work in your favor, since rolling at the crest of a staircase plants you to the ground allowing you to keep running. If the need be, being planted to the ground may also save you if you for some reason need to rapidly change directions.
    I play a bosmer stamsorc in pvp, tbh it isnt great even after the racial changes. Bosmer feels like it is down a passive or two, the pen off the roll dodge doesnt fit well in any damage rotation. General meta nowadays makes roll build counter intuitive, most pvp is dots and aoes so you can't account for rolling to save you.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In TES3 Morrowind, Orcs were the slowest of the races.
    Here in ESO, Orcs are the fastest.

Bosmer lose to Orcs no matter the distance.
    The more interesting question is, who is faster Bosmer or Imperial? 258 regen vs 3% cost reduction? And how does it look like when Bosmer use dodgeroll?
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc is faster.

Bosmer have to waste too much for a small short boost. Not every Bosmer is stamina and I thought they said they wanted to make it so people aren’t punished for picking a non magic race to be magic based.

Even on my Bosmer stam Sorc in Cp pvp with all the points into making a scroll runner, the roll dodge is too expensive for that tiny boost. It’s certainly not worth it for the penetration bonus. I could be blocking and breaking free with that stamina instead of barrel rolling everywhere
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

The more interesting question is, who is faster Bosmer or Imperial? 258 regen vs 3% cost reduction? And how does it look like when Bosmer use dodgeroll?

no regen while sprinting so even though bosmer has way more regen its just not actionable.

thanks everyone in the thread though, really helped me make up my mind, love reading this kind of stuff.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Orc is faster.

Bosmer have to waste too much for a small short boost. Not every Bosmer is stamina and I thought they said they wanted to make it so people aren’t punished for picking a non magic race to be magic based.

Even on my Bosmer stam Sorc in Cp pvp with all the points into making a scroll runner, the roll dodge is too expensive for that tiny boost. It’s certainly not worth it for the penetration bonus. I could be blocking and breaking free with that stamina instead of barrel rolling everywhere

I would have preferred the power from the race passives have just been added to the base character and race passives been far weaker to be honest. I think they said something to the effect of racial passives were "a set and a half" worth of stats, and that is just far to punishing to punishing if your not optimizing, imagine being a full on magicka healer and your set is hundings.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

no regen while sprinting so even though bosmer has way more regen its just not actionable.

thanks everyone in the thread though, really helped me make up my mind, love reading this kind of stuff.

Yes, so Imperials can run 3% on one stamina bar, but once they are out they are forced out of sprint and regen again. What is stronger for marathon running though? The regen or the reduction? And how does armor etc affect this?
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, so Imperials can run 3% on one stamina bar, but once they are out they are forced out of sprint and regen again. What is stronger for marathon running though? The regen or the reduction? And how does armor etc affect this?

ohhhhh, okay I get what you were saying
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love running Refreshing Path on my Bosmer Nightblade - but don’t know the overall “vs.” impact it might have on an Orsimer character.

S.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should account also:
    - if you don't roll-dodge to get major expedition from bow, you must cast something to get it, thus it's not like orc can sprint at speed cap until stamina runs out. You still need to activate major expedition each several seconds
    - you can't use abilities while sprinting (and stam regen is blocked), and in non-sprint speed bosmer always superior
    - it is very easy to hit sprint cap speed at medium armor. For example 2H/bow 6medium-1heavy nord stamsorc hits speed cap without investing anything

So I think bosmer is generally faster in combat, especially with bow.

In majority of cases, orc's WD and bosmer's regen will be made equal on same build by mundus stone or jewelry enchants, so this is not a factor imo.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the thing that would cause me to actually lean into bosmer is that the move speed cap is actually very easy to hit (especially while sprinting obviously)

so I think the fact that bosmer offers a unique source of non sprint boosted move speed is actually pretty nice, even if it does require a dodge roll

base 100%
    major exp 30%
    minor exp 10%
    marauders haste 20%
    bosmer 10%
    steed, swift jewelry, and wind runner make up the last 20% varied by gear, traits, and quality, etc.

and tada, 200% move speed cap without sprinting.

of note is lack of stam drain from sprinting, allowing you to take full advantage of bosmer stam regen and drain enemy resources if they try to keep up with you, thinking of doing this as a stam sorc for easy minor expedition and magicka regen from marauders is easily dumped on streak / dark deal / etc.
    Edited by Wing on January 1, 2020 7:07AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dirty orc
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    The dirty orc

Any arguments?
    In my opinion, with recent changes to sprint cost, rapids and resistance sets, nord will always be better in terms of stat density and for agile builds bosmer is better because he always have +10% to speed, while orc only while sprinting. Roll-dodging is just a natural thing you will do on agile build, otherwise you'll die pretty fast.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    @Wing

I play a bosmer stamsorc in pvp, tbh it isnt great even after the racial changes. Bosmer feels like it is down a passive or two, the pen off the roll dodge doesnt fit well in any damage rotation. General meta nowadays makes roll build counter intuitive, most pvp is dots and aoes so you can't account for rolling to save you.

Dots and aoe current PVP meta? :) after all dots and aoe received -35% to damage and +66% to cost?
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on January 1, 2020 8:06AM
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually I thought about it further.

because snares now work at a flat percent the same as speed buffs-

(because before they were a percent of your total move speed, so a 30% reduction on 200% move speed actually reduced you by 60% or down to 140%, now it would actually be a flat reduction so 30% reduction out of 200% is actually 30% or 170%)

-so actually stacking past sprint cap while doing nothing would actually have the benefit of making snare have no noticeable effect while sprinting.

though this does not matter TOO much as race against time exists.

but still, food for thought if your trying to outrun everyone, snares doing effectively nothing would be funny.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...why are Orcs, the lumbering masses that they are, faster than my agile feline Khajiit?

I, actually want a legit answer from the Loremaster now.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Orc farmer can run at just under 14 M/s (pretty much as fast as a horse not boosted by rapids). And, with the speed boost sets i have and stam regen glyphs, i have yet to run him out of gas. Perhaps i could in Cyrodiil, but there is nothing to farm there, lol
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    My Orc farmer can run at just under 14 M/s (pretty much as fast as a horse not boosted by rapids). And, with the speed boost sets i have and stam regen glyphs, i have yet to run him out of gas. Perhaps i could in Cyrodiil, but there is nothing to farm there, lol

You'd annoy the hell out of everyone chasing you though.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

You'd annoy the hell out of everyone chasing you though.

in this meta its worth it, running laps in keeps and such, I get tea bagged more just running around then I ever did killing people, ran a scroll a few days back just non stop super speed. someone in chat said they were trying to chase us, I responded with "good luck" and ran our scroll all the way across the map no problem.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People like that are needed as Scroll Runners.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...why are Orcs, the lumbering masses that they are, faster than my agile feline Khajiit?

Argonians actually are historically the fastest starting race from daggerfall through oblivion, Khajiits were more about acrobatics. In Daggerfall argonian males had +10 speed(fun fact female argonians had higher base strength in daggerfall) and in Morrowind they had 50 starting speed and +15 to athletics. In oblivion they again had 50 starting speed, but +10 athletics which is still the highest combination of athletics + speed to start the game. Funnily enough orcs have historically been one of the slowest races, but of course they get the speed bonus in eso…… cause reasons.

Orcs have 30 speed in oblivion which is a tie with Breton, altmer, and imperial, but those three are sex dependent. Both orcs sexes in Oblivion have only 30 speed. Exact same in morrowind, again 30 speed to both sexes while other races only have 1 sex as slow. Orcs of course weren't playable in Daggerfall, but the fact remains that orcs are objectively the slowest race before Eso decided they should be fastest.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know, have you seen the quads on Olympic sprinters? They are packing some serious tree trunks.
    Though, seeing a chonky dude orc in a wedding dress outrun my fit wee Bosmer is rather annoying, I’ll give you that.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts have been removed due to inappropriate content. Please review our community rules when posting on the forum.
    Staff Post
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sadly, because they did not implement Jump, Acrobatics, Athletics, Strength, and Encumbrance in the online version.

I was originally looking forward to harder hits and greater carry from high strength characters, better agility and speed from high Acrobatics.

I also anticipated hit boxes relative to the size of your character and bonuses based on gender (females tended to be more agile, males tended to have higher starting strength.)

Kitties don't get the speed, but they do, at least, get the stealth.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't surprised if the next patch include; giving orcs a stealth passive and bosmer nerf speed.
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It just shows, how little the Devs know about TES lore and abilities.
    Edited by Vanos444 on January 3, 2020 4:25AM
  • notvenousdrake
    notvenousdrake
    ✭✭✭
    I still think redguards make the fastest thieves in eso
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think redguards make the fastest thieves in eso

mmmm that khajiit 5% extra pickpocket chance though gives you flawless 100 100 kill on normal targets, bonus stealth is not bad also.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick