The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Year Wish List for ESO Consoles+

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd like to compile a list of things I'd like seen given to the Consoles version specifically of ESO, though some may also pertain to all platforms as well. I'm not going to bother touching on anything combat mechanic related.

1: Audio Options - Turn On/Off Combat Music

All music in ESO is tied under a single Audio setting. Music On/Off. This setting includes the combat drums that play every time the player has aggro'd a Mob. Because this is an MMORPG, Mobs are distanced literally ten feet apart from one another. Combat is most times endless, and the combat music constantly interrupts the ambient game music, making it impossible to fully enjoy the soundtrack while playing. Letting us disable the combat music would allow the rest of the soundtrack to continue playing uninterrupted even during fights.

2: Video Options - Vertical Camera Offset

On Console, the Camera settings are limited only to Field of View, and Horizontal Position and Offset (no idea what the difference between the two really are...) This means players with shorter characters are stuck at the same vertical position, and cannot have their camera view close in without cutting most of the character out of frame of the camera. To see most of your character you have to pull the camera further back. I've heard that PC actually has a Vertical position and offset setting, allowing them to align their camera just right as to get more of their character in view while still zoomed in. Consoles should also have this option, and I don't understand why they don't other than the port teams weren't thorough.

3: Emotes aren't interrupted by entering the Menu.

You're in Riften, immersing yourself with your fellow players by dancing or kitty karate-ing or just sitting on the ground watching others do them, but then you want to open chat to talk. However doing so breaks your Emote and forces you into standing idle again. Make it so Emotes are only ended via direct player command such as moving or activating another Emote.

4: Push the Dev Build that has Hide Outfit options for all armor slots to Live

We know it exists, we know you have it in a folder somewhere. The community would like to hide more than just helmets pretty please. Even if it has to be something we buy with Crowns.

5: Include Costumes as another part of the Outfit System

Combining Costumes with Crafting Styles has been a dream for a while now. With the way it could work, Costumes can already be broken up into armor slots based on what's there, and from that be turned into Outfit Styles. THEN you can mix and match parts of Costumes with the regular Crafted Styles, which would create hundreds of new Outfit combinations for players to make use of, expanding our ability to be unique. Costumes can still exist as their own complete outfits alongside being Outfit Styles.

6: Environment Overhaul?

Q1 and Q2 of 2020 is promising to see some serious Performance enhancements with changes to the game under the hood. I can't get into anything technical, I'm not smart enough, but as a liberty that could be made from making the game perform better, perhaps an update later in the year or even 2021 to the environment such as changing grass from camera fixed 2D textures that vanish into the ground when you look down, to geometry fixed 2D or even 3D grass. As well as more complex weathers with torrential rains, white out blizzards etc.

7: Player on Player dual Emotes?

Approach a player. Activate a two party Emote like Hug while targeting them. Game prompts the targeted player to accept or deny. Choosing accept scripts the two players to enact the Emote together. Give a little something to those Roleplayers or just good friends.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is absolutely no reason for console to not have vertical camera controls, at the least. You're right about it being extremely awkward for short characters, and also for mounts. Unless I have the camera zoomed out REALLY FAR, there's no way to get the whole mount on the screen.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you serious missed out the number 1 and 2?

Combat metrics
    Mini map
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A blasted MINI MAP! This should have been in the game day 1. Also adjustable graphics settings for console, this would help tremendously with our poopoo performance