The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Buying Chapters from ESO Store

toasaerwb17_ESO
toasaerwb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
I have the base game, but now i want to buy all three chapters, Morriwind, Summerset and Elsweyr. There is the digital upgrade on the ESO Store, but does it come with the other two chapters like the Standard Edition does?
The problem is i already own the base game, so it would make no sense to buy it again... do i have any alternative?
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From my understanding only Morrowind comes with base game. And only elsweyr comes with the digital upgrade. To get all chapters you will need "The Elder Scrolls® OnlineElsweyr™ Digital Standard Edition" for $19.79 or the collectors version for $26.39. That is my understanding.
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭
    Get ESO plus and it will unlock all the expansions.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gracous wrote: »

It doesnt unlock chapters, only DLCs.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought them all on release... but my understanding was all *old* chapters unlock with ESO+, ie ESO+ comes with morrowind and summerset but not Elsewhere. Needs confirming.

Chapter sales are a core money stream for ZOS so they treat them different when buying them.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I bought them all on release... but my understanding was all *old* chapters unlock with ESO+, ie ESO+ comes with morrowind and summerset but not Elsewhere. Needs confirming.

Chapter sales are a core money stream for ZOS so they treat them different when buying them.

Confirmed. Elsweyr is the only thing currently not included in ESO+. It will probably join ESO+ when Dark Heart of Skyrim comes out.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So doing a little more researching, they seem to have slide summerset in ESO plus as a DLC when elsweyr was released. The way they do stuff is shady AF sometimes.

So THIS is now what you get with ESO plus. However if you cancel the sub you will lose access to it as well. If you pay the extra $6 or $7 for the Digital edition as i said above you will have all chapters regardless of ESO plus or not.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on December 31, 2019 8:17PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is only 1 Chapter at any given time, and that is the current one. In 2018 Summerset was the Chapter, Morrowind was downranked to a DLC. Right now, Elsweyr is the only Chapter, Summerset and Morrowind are DLCs.

You need to buy Elsweyr anyway since it's a Chaper so you have these options: 'Elsweyr Digital Standard Edition' and 'Elsweyr Digital Collectors Edition' include Summerset and Morrowind and the base game too. The 'Elsweryr Digital Upgrade' and 'Elsweyr Digital Collectors Edition Upgrade' include only Elsweyr, so if you add that to your base game you'll have to purchase Morrowind and Summerset separately.

Morrowind and Summerset are DLCs, and can be purchased from the Crown Store for 3,500 Crowns each. They can also be Gifted ingame, so if you have enough gold you can get someone to buy you the DLCs with their Crowns. Bear in mind that the Warden class that came with Morrowind when it was a Chapter in 2017 isn't included in the current Morrowind DLC, and is a separate Crown Store purchase for 1,500 Crowns.

If you buy Elsweyr separately, you can also subscribe to ESO+ and gain access to all DLCs while you stay subbed. This gives you access to Summerset and Morrowind, and you'll also be able to play all 12 other DLCs in addition to the ESO+ perks you get (extra slots, Crafting bag, monthly 1650 Crowns).

So it's up to you to decide if you 1) want to buy the Elsweyr Editions that include MW and SS too, or if you 2) want to unlock SS and MW as DLCs by buying them 2a) with Crowns or 2b) with gold, or if you 3) want to subscribe to ESO+ and gain DLC access that way. If you stay subbed for a couple of months for example, you'll have enough Crowns to buy the DLCs that you tried during your sub and decide that you want to keep afterwards. And if there are any discounts on the Elsweyr Editions and/or on Crowns, you may want to rethink which option is more worth it to you (I generally recommend buying Elsweyr and DLCs during discounts anyway since they're more worth it then).