The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stamdk/Stamcro/Stamden

Rainfallz
Rainfallz
Soul Shriven
Hello! Newer player here. Currentply sitting at 140 cp from doing daiy dungeons and few classes at 50. Got an advice to play everything that i like to and to decide later on. So talking about pvp perspective from sub-50 bgs
- Stamdk felt like steady reliable, but mediocore class. Has some good class abilities and ulti, but relies mostly on weapon skills cuz dots deal kinda low dmg. Survivability was okayish, having that smal shied adn major mending for vigor, but against more ppl i just die everytime.
- Stamden fet like super op, having access to almost everything, lots of passive heals, kinda good class spamable, sustain passives and netch. Great survivability (once again heals) and major expedition,
- Stamcro was so much underwheming, not that great sustain, kinda sucky defences, all dmg seemed like spam blastbones and dizzy, if they both hit then go for execute.

So the question is, how do those 3 preform at max cp with good build adn needed gear? Cou you rate them from 1 to 3 how viable/good they are atm? Also would like to hear some pros and cons of each class from more exerienced players.

Thanks for the answers, and happy new year :)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They’re all good choices. I don’t play stam much but here’s my impression from seeing them in action:

StamDK - they’re pretty good. Make the best tanky types. Takes some getting used to but dots aren’t the way to go. Use your class skills mostly for healing and tankiness and only rely on weapon skills and leap for your burst. When people complain about other people being tanky with high damage they almost always mean DKs. Their main gimmick is to tank people while setting them up and then bursting them down.

Stamnecro - they’re pretty good as well. Their strength is burst and the major defile from blastbones. Similar setup to DKs but being able to always have major defile’s pretty good. Not as tanky as wardens or DKs.

StamWarden - this one I actually play. They’re good because of the bugs helping burst so much. It’s a free timed burst ability along with major breach, this allows them (along with tankiness abilities) to build tankier and still have enough punch to take people out solo. I like them most because they’re versatile which is what I always look for in a class. They make good pvp healers and with negates everywhere stamina healing’s pretty useful.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 31, 2019 7:46PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say stamnecro would be stronger than both if blastbones was a reliable ability but its not soo if you're planning on playing that class you gotta embrace the ''stand your ground'' playstyle, which is not great to say the least. I think in a 1v1 scenario , stamcro still beats both stamDk and stamden because it has built in major defile in a burst skill , which is nuts. But the game is not balanced around 1v1s.

StamDk is a tank class(In fact ,the tankiest stam class, not that it has good mitigation but very good self healing.). With dots. You got noxious breath for tiny dot damage and AoE fracture. take flight is an overall reliable AoE ultimate with NO cast time, and you have the right mentality, its a very reliable class but also very, very mediocre due to the fact that dots are ass and all class identity for stamDK has been nerfed. Your strength is directly related to how strong weapon abilities are.

Stamwarden: aka staminator, is at the moment the most overpowered and versatile class in the whole game. You have everything other classes have, but better and cheaper. healing, damage, mobility, projectile defense, sustain,group utility, passives,versatility, dots... you have everything.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 31, 2019 11:43PM
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

CP 1000+ here, Xbox edition,

On StamDK,
    Your class skills lack self-healing, which means being a vampire would make it even worse, and you should equip either a defensive set, a heavy armor, or go hybrid and resto staff to have self-healing somewhat comparable to stamwarden.
    On offense, the class is far from mediocre, having Noxious breath + Venom claw + Flames of Oblivion + Take flight on your bar is enough to make you a threat for most things out.
    (More personal take, that's my main, I went hybrid for pvp, and really enjoy it - rate 3/3)

On StamDen,
    I often felt the class as an odd duck sitting between Sorcerer (pets, passive heal) and Templar (dedicated skill-lines, on-demand sustain and great heal).
    Though the class skills do give access to most major buffs, you need precise timing and dedicated build to make the most out of it - being tank or bow, or short-range dd.
    You may try Sorcerer and/or Templar to see what best suits your playstyle.
    (More personal take, I tried to enjoy Warden very hard but don't like the visual style of skills, ended up deleting character as I went on other classes for alts - rate 1/3)

On StamCro, I won't detail as I didn't play it enough for comprehensive feedback.

At max CP, from CP 140+, the classes perform almost the same. You should have better overall damage and sustain, and somewhat survivability on all toons, whatever the class (considering you make the same CP allocation on each).
    In BGs, it makes no difference at all, your CPs are disabled :wink: (though if you run around in underlevelled gear, you are underperforming - that's the issue for everyone between lv50 and CP160).

In current update, I really have no idea if 1 class should be placed above others. Each has pros and cons, and past updates were kind of confusing boosting and nerfing dots, damage, sustain ... The best class (for you) is probably the one you feel most comfortable with.

Keep the others for craft dailies or such, this also helps on CP grinding.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing this game since its beta. Xbox =/= PC. Ask Thogard lol.

Stam DKs are very busted right now and likely to be nerfed. If you don't see them being nerfed on the patch notes 100% roll one you will have a great time. They feel stronger than NBs were back in the first few patches of the game. Their healing is insane, their tankiness is insane, and their damage/cc/one shot capability is ridiculous. Like honestly man they're freaking busted right now which means they will probably get nerfed or the heavy armor set Fury will be nerfed/reworked which is virtually the same as nerfing the class/build. If they don't get nerfed though like if you see in the patch notes that they aren't 100% roll one.

Stamcro is kind of weak in my opinion unless youre really good and can land a bunch of abilities at once. Like they have a really high skill cap to actually be decent/above average. It's not as bad as the stamblade skill cap but still pretty bad. Blastbones is reliable especially in 1v1 if you're good enough to play around it. You can't just *** dory cast the ability at a group of people and expect your target to be hit you have to be calculated with it. You still are very strong in group play if played correctly. Like either youre a godcro or a garbagecro.

Stamden are well balanced and likely won't receive buffs/nerfs. Don't worry about "being a sitting duck" just learn to line of site ranged attacks. You'll be a little worse than a very good Stamcro though requires like 1/8th the skill and you bring a whole lot to group pvp. Your 1shot damage combo is still very strong and you do not have to rely on onslaught like every other class this meta. And your backbar ulti gives you so much healing that you're basically immune to damage for the duration. You can bait people with it which is actually pretty hilarious.

I'd honestly go with the StamDk if theyre not nerfed in the nextpatch, the Stamcro if you may swap to magicka or are willing to deal with the frustration of playing a very difficult nuanced class, and if neither of those options Stamden is a safe bet for decent play.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anythingCro is complete garbage. It's only burst, blast bones, is very unreliable- it can be CCed- and takes forever to land.
    It shouldn't count as a pet and should instead just lunge at the target. the chase mechanic is what wrecks the skill.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcro is a sleeper and very good in 1v1.
    When blastbones work which is around 60 percent of the time it's the most op skill in the game due to the damage and the defile.
    If they fix blastbones pathing it would be s-tier.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on January 5, 2020 11:21PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainfallz wrote: »
    Hello! Newer player here. Currentply sitting at 140 cp from doing daiy dungeons and few classes at 50. Got an advice to play everything that i like to and to decide later on. So talking about pvp perspective from sub-50 bgs
    - Stamdk felt like steady reliable, but mediocore class. Has some good class abilities and ulti, but relies mostly on weapon skills cuz dots deal kinda low dmg. Survivability was okayish, having that smal shied adn major mending for vigor, but against more ppl i just die everytime.
    - Stamden fet like super op, having access to almost everything, lots of passive heals, kinda good class spamable, sustain passives and netch. Great survivability (once again heals) and major expedition,
    - Stamcro was so much underwheming, not that great sustain, kinda sucky defences, all dmg seemed like spam blastbones and dizzy, if they both hit then go for execute.

So the question is, how do those 3 preform at max cp with good build adn needed gear? Cou you rate them from 1 to 3 how viable/good they are atm? Also would like to hear some pros and cons of each class from more exerienced players.

Thanks for the answers, and happy new year :)

they're all 3/3 on the right player....

Disclaimer: my main is StamDK and i only have stamden <50 and no stamcro. but ive fought against a LOT of those.

1. StamDK - they were strong with DoTs, now DoT is nerfed but healing is buffed. So tanky DK is even tankier, and with the right gear they can pull 6k+ weapon damage...... on a heavy armor. it's no "easy mode" class, but it is very strong.
    2. StamDen - were strong, still strong, see stamDK. their meta still holds very strong and with heal buff, they're pretty tanky too (not as tanky as DK, but still)
    3. StamCro - they got nerfed so not the best class, but a new meta is trending with some very effective combo. so a higher level of difficulty but can easily stand toe-to-toe with the other.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When blastbones work which is around 60 percent of the time it's the most op skill in the game due to the damage and the defile.

Don't mislead the poster. Anything that fails to function 40% of the time is not "most OP skill in the game". A good player can make Blastbones fail 100% of the time.

• Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Edited by Ariades_swe on January 7, 2020 9:20PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Don't mislead the poster. Anything that fails to function 40% of the time is not "most OP skill in the game". A good player can make Blastbones fail 100% of the time.

Do you mean you can’t hit someone with a blastbones at point blank range, or do you mean someone can bombard it so it sits still?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

I think what kategora is trying to say is that yes anyone at range/is trying to escape you can make blastbones fail. This is 100% true don't expect to be able to chase people down or solo out a player in group play that isn't trying to attack you or attack someone in close proximity to you. The entire skill structure of the class is that necro is a defensive class styled around doing retaliation damage and cc. If you're good at necro you will start your damage rotation when someone tries to attack you or your teammate nearby. Chasing down people can lead to all sorts of bad times in group play and solo play whereas more often than not if someone tries to attack you or someone in close proximity towards you theyre going to take a blastbones to the face if you time it properly and with that 4 seconds of healing reduction it's usually gg wp.

This is centrally why the class is most difficult out of the three together while the other two you just line up your keybinds of your burst damage rotation from left to right and your damage mitigation rotation from right to left and roll your face across your keyboard accordingly until the fight is over.
    Edited by nublife01 on January 7, 2020 9:47PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Do you mean you can’t hit someone with a blastbones at point blank range, or do you mean someone can bombard it so it sits still?

I mean there is more counter play for BB than any other skill in the game, on top of the high random chance that it just doesn't work at all. Heck even PVE mobs are capable of thwarting it. That said, the class is unique enough that I play it almost exclusively. Bugs and all.