The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Personalities and Combat Stances

Tokraal
Tokraal
Soul Shriven
What if personalities also affected combat stances? Wouldn't be nice?
Surely, to me, is nicer than switching between a idle drunk/zombie/beast personality to a normal one when drawing weapons or even sprinting..

What are you thoughts about it? And don't answer with "There are better things to do than cosmetics" - don't be "Captain Obvious" :)
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to drunkenly swing my sword around while stumbling
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think little things like this go a long way.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah thats called dizzy swing
    at a place nobody knows
  • Tokraal
    Tokraal
    Soul Shriven
    I think little things like this go a long way.

Well, cosmetic is already a big thing in ESO. For my knowledge the outfit system is the best and a good personality can crown your outfit.
    That's why I think that it (the personality) should also crown the combat. Of course it's not a negative thing the fact that it doesn't at the moment, but can be a positive one if it does.

Now, I don't work with animations but I think that they could take some assets from the already existing monsters?
    For the zombie personality for example, a tweak for each weapon should be enough? Idk if they need to make it from scratch.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd love that! each of my toons uses a different personality so it would be awesome if that were reflected in unique combat styles :)
    i highly doubt zo$ will do it though :neutral:
    PC EU
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Combat animations are already terrible due to animation cancelling, so while I appreciate your idea and also agree it would make personalities more immersive and impactful, I don't think it's feasible or particularly beneficial.

How would a Drunkard draw and aim a Bow for example? How differently would a Zombie hold a Two-hander? You'd need hell of a lot more work put into each personality, making sure that they had animation sets for all weapons, in addition to sprint, crouch, etc. I think Thief changes your Sprint for example. But you barely see your animations in combat as it is with weaving - my Necro is shooting magic bolts from her staff one second, then she's throwing skulls at enemies with the staff nowhere to be seen, then it's suddenly back in her hand as she light attacks, and the next moment both her hands are miraculously free to conjure a zombie from the ground... :lol: Standing in a different personality-based combat stance would just add make these spastic combat animations even worse.

Basically I think it would be too much effort for something that's not really visible most of the time.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A bumbling drunk still hitting me with perfect D-Swings would be insulting.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is an incredible idea😁
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this. I'm not sure how they would handle it for staff wielders, though. (Combat stance changes depending on the element of the staff you're holding.) I think it could be done but it'd require a lot of work. Sprint animations too, please!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personalities being strictly non-combat prevents rumors or suggestions that there's some sort of paid advantage lurking within the way different personalities modify combat animations. And as per the design philosophy, released items aren't changed or revised unless there's a bug or visual error.
    signing off