The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Non-functioning Banker NPC (Tythis) in Vulkhel Guard

pgorbas_ESO
pgorbas_ESO
✭✭
I've spotted a Banker NPC, usually in or around the stable or a shop (The Crystal Vial). I was real happy to see a banker in the shop because when you craft an Enchanted Glyph for WRits, it ofen wants you to turn in some related Rune as well...and I like most people I think, keep their RUnes in the bank.

So what's up with these non-function banker NPCs. I can't interact with them at all? :'(
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....isnt Tythis a player Assistant?

You cant use other people's bankers unless youre in a group.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've spotted a Banker NPC, usually in or around the stable or a shop (The Crystal Vial). I was real happy to see a banker in the shop because when you craft an Enchanted Glyph for WRits, it ofen wants you to turn in some related Rune as well...and I like most people I think, keep their RUnes in the bank.

So what's up with these non-function banker NPCs. I can't interact with them at all? :'(

Banker is not reported as seen NPC in Crystal Vial, game NPC there are:
    Glamran, an enchanter.
    Siriwen, an alchemist.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/The_Crystal_Vial

Are you sure that you are not spotting the player owned banker TYTHIS ANDROMO , thus you are not able to Interact.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/item/223?tythis-andromo-the-banker
  • pgorbas_ESO
    pgorbas_ESO
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

You cant use other people's bankers unless you're in a group.

Hmmm- I wonder, It could be. The NPC is not marked in any way except "Banker" and the name.
    Searching on "ESO Hirelings" showed that Tythis Andromo is the name of the banker Hireling.
    So I guess you are right.

LAZY programming that the NPC which is only useable by the summoner is visible to everyone and apparently doesn't follow the summoner since I usually find this NPC alone. The NPC should at least be marked in some way like "Summoned by 'Joe'".
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm- I wonder, It could be. The NPC is not marked in any way except "Banker" and the name.
    Searching on "ESO Hirelings" showed that Tythis Andromo is the name of the banker Hireling.

LAZY programming that the NPC which is only useable by the summoner is visible to everyone and apparently doesn't follow the summoner since I usually find this NPC alone. The NPC should at least be marked in some way like "Summoned by 'Joe'".

The banker is never just left alone, if he's out, the player owner is somewhere nearby, either talking to a merchant or using a table. But yes you cant tell which player until both run off.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is.
    There should be the player marker.

Edited by RefLiberty on December 31, 2019 2:07AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh.... If you buy the banker assistant, then you can call her up (ditto the merchant). It's predicated on YOU paying for the ability. You can't access someone else's banker that s/he paid for....
    Edited by Sylvermynx on December 31, 2019 2:05PM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Summoner and party can use him
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Uh.... If you buy the banker assistant, then you can call her up (ditto the merchant). It's predicated on YOU paying for the ability. You can't access someone else's banker that s/he paid for....

If you're grouped up with the owner you can use their merchant/banker.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have been surprised if Zos made it so the banker was not visible and identifiable for others since it is accessible to others if you are grouped with it. Most people figure things out about the assistants fast enough. Now you know as well.
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's just the way he is, even if you own him he runs away from you and makes it extra hard for you to interact with him :trollface:
    PC EU