The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How long is it gonna take to fix Dungeon/BG finder or at least rever it back to the old one?

lRaiden
lRaiden
✭✭
You guys are very incompetent, you remade the LFG system and now it's 10 times worse. I used to wait around 2 to 5 minutes with the old system when queuing with another DD/Heal and now it takes over 10minutes to even find a dungeon. Still kept getting stuck in a permanent queue every now and then and the only way to fix it is to relog.
BG's take over 10 minutes to find a match solo 90% of the times while it used to be instant, rare are the times I get 4 members on my team, sometimes we're only 2 guys even for the whole match.

It's ridiculous how you try to improve a tool and yet it comes out 10 times worse, expecting the same results from the so called "performance" updates.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How the hell did you get instant queues for BG's with the old finder?
  • JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭

There is no going back. Player base increased and the way they handle database calls just can't handle it....
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 years
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 Years
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most ppl just dont wanna use gf, especially tanks. Ppl play with friends, guildys or pre form groups elsewhere.
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 years, take it or leave it
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It took a year or 2 just to make the GF. It's never worked properly since it was created.
    Good luck waiting on a fix.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hopefully with the re-code in the next update
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queue/Evaluation systems have been around for decades. For whatever reason, they are still struggling with the implementation.

In my mind, there are only 4 different areas of criteria to be considered....
    1) Role (e.g. Tank)
    2) CP Level
    3) DLC status (for Dungeons) or MMR (for BGs)
    4) Party Size

I guess you could potentially evaluate a persons blocked list as well as their ping, but really the criteria that needs to be considered is minimal. Just get people into a damn match/dungeon.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

Frequently
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stiil get instant queu on my tank for dungeon

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theoretically they are still hoping to have it fixed and tested mid-January so they can run the Undaunted event. We'll see.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Frequently

You're lucky. I had an average of 10-15 minutes. Sometimes I got a quick one but it was quite rare.
  • nolangrady
    nolangrady
    ✭✭✭
    Shhhhhhh.... we have a big reveal coming up for 2020 let’s not take away from that
  • lRaiden
    lRaiden
    ✭✭

I dont know I just remember queuing up and I'd wait a max of 2 min and get a match, and priory queue actually worked back then. Now in bg/dungeon finder even if someone refuses and I get priority I still wait over 5 or 10 minutes