The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Digital Upgrade not activating after purchasing on Steam

rcfrHunter
rcfrHunter
Soul Shriven
I purchased the Elsweyr CE digital upgrade on steam (after logging in through steam on the ESO website), but my game status wasn't updated (still says it's a Morrowind standard edition) and when I launch the game through the standalone Zenimax launcher it doesn't recognize the new chapter (can't create a necromancer, tooltip in the bottom left corner still telling me to upgrade, etc)
Just wondering if this is an easy fix and all I have to do is download the game through Steam again or if I actually have to buy the upgrade through the standalone ESO store.Thanks!
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you bought the base game through Steam? If it's a no, you will not be able to use Steam digital upgrade with it.
  • rcfrHunter
    rcfrHunter
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, I bought standard ESO on Steam back in 2018.I also got Morrowind and that worked fine on the standalone launcher (ESO and Steam account were linked since created).
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least I'd try installing the game through Steam and launching it once to see if it makes the account system recognise your update. But can't say if it will work with non-Steam launcher after that. Worth a shot, I guess

It seems a bit weird to me that you were able to use non-Steam launcher since the cut-off for Steam accounts which had a fully functional regular accounts tied to them happened before 2018 iirc.
  • rcfrHunter
    rcfrHunter
    Soul Shriven
    I think I also activated a copy of the standard Morrowind edition on the ESO website after playing on Steam for a while, since I was getting connectivity issues, but at this point I don't really know which version is which.Darn confusing lol
    I'm redownloading the game through steam now, gonna check if it updates my ESO account.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rcfrHunter wrote: »
    I think I also activated a copy of the standard Morrowind edition on the ESO website after playing on Steam for a while, since I was getting connectivity issues, but at this point I don't really know which version is which.Darn confusing lol
    I'm redownloading the game through steam now, gonna check if it updates my ESO account.

This might explain it. In that case you probably won't have access to Elsweyr without using Steam. Guess it will be up to you if you want to start using Steam again (I don't remember Steam login issues for a while at this point) or just get a refund on Steam and buy Elsweyr directly from ZOS.