The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a way to create a "one-shot" assassin with the Warden?

BackLotBasher
BackLotBasher
✭✭
I was wondering if the Warden (or any class/race) can be built in such a way that you can one-shot mobs in the overland PVE content? I have one that's around 250 CP and it's a Redguard. Was trying to make something using sneak attacks that can take out mobs from stealth (similar to how you might do this in Fallout 4 / 76 with silenced weapons). I use medium armor and have leveled up my sneak to a decent level, but no matter what I do, the fights all seem to go the same way, with three or four mooks swarming in my direction.

Does ESO even work that way, or should I just concentrate on using skills that control and damage the whole mob?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you one-shot overland mobs? Sure. Shalks > Dive > Executioner can pump out about 100-200k damage landing at the same time with any half-competent (say, Hunding's and Spriggan's) build. I haven't done it in a while so might be not up to date with recent nerfs but it is even easier to do that with a stamNB and Snipe > Light Attack > Poison Injection. There is also Asylum Snipe with Asylum bow if you are feeling extra fancy.

But I assume what you are trying to get is killing one enemy without the rest aggroing on you? No, that's not a thing. Most mobs are tethered in small packs of 3 or 4 and damaging one of them will aggro the rest regardless if you managed to one shot your initial target or no.
  • BackLotBasher
    BackLotBasher
    ✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Can you one-shot overland mobs? Sure. Shalks > Dive > Executioner can pump out about 100-200k damage landing at the same time with any half-competent (say, Hunding's and Spriggan's) build. I haven't done it in a while so might be not up to date with recent nerfs but it is even easier to do that with a stamNB and Snipe > Light Attack > Poison Injection. There is also Asylum Snipe with Asylum bow if you are feeling extra fancy.

But I assume what you are trying to get is killing one enemy without the rest aggroing on you? No, that's not a thing. Most mobs are tethered in small packs of 3 or 4 and damaging one of them will aggro the rest regardless if you managed to one shot your initial target or no.

Thanks. That's sort of what I figured, but thought maybe there was something I was missing.