The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"casual" biuld for imperial city

Vyvrhel
Vyvrhel
✭✭✭
Read "casual" as "sucks at PVP".
Shortly, I want to go through the storyline in Imperial City, but as a PVEr, I get routinely owned by enemy players. I understand this is the part of the fun there so this is no complain I just ask for an advice. What is the no brainer build (sets?) to use to survive there. Sneaking is good but still I will have to fight from time to time.
I main cat stamblade but I have enough 50ish alts, so anything is welcome.
I looked at Alcasts and Dottzs but the philosophy "sneak, burst, if he still stands, run like hell" does not seems to work for me. I feel I need something more defensive.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    Read "casual" as "sucks at PVP".
    Shortly, I want to go through the storyline in Imperial City, but as a PVEr, I get routinely owned by enemy players.
    If you want to just do the questline with a minimum of fuss, use any viable PvE build and go into IC as far outside of primetime as possible.
    In case of PCEU, around 1...4am GMT is a good time for that, seems to be the fewest players online during those hours.

You will still run into the occasional enemy player, not much you can do about that. In a PvE build you might as well not bother trying to fight them, because without impen trait you are toast.

One tip: some enemy players will notice that you are trying to do the quest, and farm you repeatedly while you are fighting the quest boss.
    This can be a problem especially in the Arena - not only its design allows some cheap ganks, there's also an achievement for killing enemy players in there.
    When that happens, the best thing to do is to leave IC for several minutes and come back later.

If you are feeling really ambitious and want to actually PvP in a PvPvE zone (gasp!), try rolling a basic PvP build. Craftable sets are fine, although it's good to have at least a monster set.
    You will still die, a lot. IC is not a good place to be learning the ropes of how to PvP in.
    For best results, get some friends or guildmates to help you. Preferably someone who PvP's a lot and knows what they are doing.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only true imperial city build is the imperial physique build.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    If you are feeling really ambitious and want to actually PvP in a PvPvE zone (gasp!), try rolling a basic PvP build. Craftable sets are fine, although it's good to have at least a monster set.
    Thanks.
    I was considering Eternal Hunt crafted plus Shieldbreaker, Vicecanon of Venom or maybe Shadow walker, traits more or less around Alcasts build but I am still not sure if I am better off with medium or heavy. Any other options to create some more tanky stamblade build? I also have most of the monster sets and I was considering Bloodspawn, Selene or Troll king.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    The only true imperial city build is the imperial physique build.

I seldom carry any noticeable amount of stones, since I tend to die pretty often to the enemy players. :) Also I do not plan to farm stones anytime soon.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make use of stealth and ballista on any class. EZ mode turned on :D
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You want to sustain cloak like a magblade? Use the Atronach mundus, a double-regen drink (Hissmir Fisheye Rye) and potions that include magicka. Don't ask why, but do those specific things :p!!! Don't get your magicka sustain elsewhere, although bumping up your magicka pool a little by wearing Shacklebreaker and using prismatic enchants won't hurt.

Speed is also good. Consider the Concealed Weapon morph on the Shadowy Disguise bar to passively boost your speed in cloak. For a spammable, Silver Shards is an interesting option, though there are others. Be sure to have a source of Major Expedition, such as dodge rolling on the bow bar. Keep up Shadow Image while you're PvEing, but move away from it. At any hint of trouble, port to your image and cloak away.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough magicka recovery for permacloak, elusive mist, s&b ultimate, pariah set in impen, double resistances or earthgore helm, stage 3+ vampire - you'll be able to tank&recover from any gank attempt.